Test

TOMCATZ

Looking very nice, TOM!

Just some quick criticism, however: canopy shape seem to be just a tiny bit off, but maybe my eyesight is just screwed up.

Other thing I noticed: near the air intake, it's written "OPACNO". I'm just guessing, but you're probably looking for either "ОРАСИО" or "ОПАКНО", am I right? I have no clue about what the hell both words mean, but just in case, it's better to change it to cyrillic :)

Yeah, looks fantastic but there seems to be an odd bend in the nose cone

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Model OK, but as above members said, I don't see point to create next one Su-27 too. Su-33 is waiting...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Point is as with other Tomcatz models, to reduce machine stress by dropping down polycount. 3go model is nice and smooth, and eats a lot of FPS. IMO most (99,99percent) machines can easily cope with this kind of models, especially as LOD was introduced. However Tomcatz is still trying to get as good as possible look, with as low poly count as possible. And being such kind person as he is, we can only thank him as we get his models for free ;)

Wont be DL thi su anyway, as im not very interested in 3go model either. This plane just does'nt do it for me ;)

Point is as with other Tomcatz models, to reduce machine stress by dropping down polycount. 3go model is nice and smooth, and eats a lot of FPS. IMO most (99,99percent) machines can easily cope with this kind of models, especially as LOD was introduced. However Tomcatz is still trying to get as good as possible look, with as low poly count as possible. And being such kind person as he is, we can only thank him as we get his models for free ;)

Wont be DL thi su anyway, as im not very interested in 3go model either. This plane just does'nt do it for me ;)

3GO Su-27 is more FPS friendly than default Su-27 model, there's at least 6 rigs I've tested this on (single core,dual, quad, NVidia and Ati, Toshiba quad laptop) and all of them had better FPS with 3GO than with default so your statement is completely out of question!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3GO Su-27 is more FPS friendly than default Su-27 model, there's at least 6 rigs I've tested this on (single core,dual, quad, NVidia and Ati, Toshiba quad laptop) and all of them had better FPS with 3GO than with default so your statement is completely out of question!

Out of what?

See if Tomcatz model is more FPS friendly than 3go, as i never stated anything about stock model.

Hi,

thanks a lot. Well - Su30 was my primary target and I modeled. Su33 isn`t easy course I have a big problem:

Everytime I retract/re-retract the wings, the missiles didn`t follow the pylons and stay in there old position. That means- I can`t use "Ctrl+P" argument.

Best wishes,

TOM

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

But Su-30 is possible, right? Great, cause there's this mod I use which places a Su-30 model in a Su-33 slot so you can fly Sparka with IFR capability.

There's just 20 something Su-33 ever produced (24 IIRC) of which only a handful are flyable these days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

thanks a lot. Well - Su30 was my primary target and I modeled. Su33 isn`t easy course I have a big problem:

Everytime I retract/re-retract the wings, the missiles didn`t follow the pylons and stay in there old position. That means- I can`t use "Ctrl+P" argument.

Best wishes,

TOM

Hmm thats actually an interesting observation.

I always thought that the Su-33's ordinance displacement during wingfold was hardcoded with a pre-determined "travel", but if this was the case then the ordinance should displace regardless of 3D model/wing animation.

If you say that it doesn't move with your custom-made model, then I suspect the original model has "dummy" objects(rigged to the outer wing panels) that controls displacement of ordinance - i.e. that ordinance simply follows the position of the dummies.

JJ

Hi,

well thank you much.

It wasn`t my intention to start a contest against 3Go- They did an outstanding job and I wouldn`t use sooooo many polygons for model only. My primary taget was the Su-30 `cause so we can fly a Flanker with R-77 and a relative realistcally cockpit, a strong radar and much fuel.

tomcatzsu302.jpg

In my opinion the stock models arent bad- If somebody some day will trye to build so exactly models with less polycounts he will realize what ED formers did for an outstanding job in past. I like smooth looking models too but it costs too much performance. We don`t speak about one model in view- we speak about 10 aircrafts while taxiing to the runway, for examble. You can make a test with all available models- tell me your experiences.

screenshot004un.jpg

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

As I sad: My intention is to give LockOn that look I wanna see and I don`t want to refresh textures only allthough that could be the much easyer way. I did reading somewere that FlamingCliffs2.0 will work much faster as like as LOMAC1.12. I`m not pretty sure how they made it´real- if they work with LOD`s hardly or made the program much faster. But if it real I`ll go to "high polycount" Now my Su30 have arround 5.000 polygons including lights and damages.

tomcatzsu305.jpg

I had to make the textures four times smaller them it was. I worked with 3times 2048x2048textures for one Flanker. So for overall with different coulour-shemes I had a load of 200MB`s textures for Flanker family only. That was to heavy for my RAM - I use 1.5GB and my FSB was not fast enough to load new textures while flying. In the result I had 20 seconds frozen display while I flew against other fighters. So I had to made it smaller...

tomcatzsu331.jpg

Edited by TOMCATZ

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

For overall you can model "high poly" or "low poly" - in the result sometimes you can`t see much differences by first look. Sometimes I load a 200k poly model and I only can say: " hm ... looks.... smoother" It´s very hard to find the right balance about good looking and performance.

tomcatzsu332.jpg

So well, FlamingCliffs2.0 will show us the way into the next level and give some answers. I`ll wait for it and make a rest.

screenshot029s.jpg

My very best wishes,

TOM

Download available at:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=245&lid=1677&title=Tom's JETPACK v2.5#dldetails

Edited by TOMCATZ

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif