F-15C Eagle

Scart

445838m.jpg

This still needs to go...The fixed pilot perspective (line of site) in LockOn is not from above looking down the nose like this extremely tall pilot is in your picture. The stock and all improved cockpit mods are correct in not simulating the "bump" in the lower HUD like your model has. Can it be gotten rid of or is it just a permanent part of the external portion of your model and cannot be changed?

PS- I love how your model's HUD glass reflects light from external views...awesome! I still think your pilot needs the Sim-Mod treatment. :-) Please don't hesitate to release your model data to the community so that we [those who can work such magic, not myself] can make an already amazing model perfect.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pilot is not extremely tall. His seat height is adjusted and IIRC all eagle pilots adjust it to this height (rule is one fist between canopy and helmet)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

True, that is also possible. Below I've attached a comparison picture. Clearly the pilot's head on the left is higher than the seat-top. Whereas the pilot on the right's head is lower than the top of the seat. Whether the first guy is taller or has his seat raised higher isn't of interest, my point is that LockOn's Fixed F-15 Pilot perspective would not have this "bump" that is visible in the new eagle Model's HUD:

If it's perfect then why ask for more to be done, It's free. If you dont like it, Fix it yourself.

Awesome work Gys and Valery!

I didn't say it was perfect, I said that further work would "make an already amazing model perfect." :-) Who said I didn't like it? Not I. And by the way, I'd pay money for Gys and Valery's new model if it was made to the level of SimMods A-10A, ED's SU-25T, etc. :-)

Okay, If you dont like seeing the bump, Go back to the Walmis F-15, No one is forcing you to have this one installed eh ;)

Please don't hear all these "either / or" value judgments in my question. I want to know if there is any way to get rid of this spot on the Hud. I'm not saying I don't like the model. I'm not saying that Walmis' is better. I'm not saying I could do better, I could not so much as make a model of a rock (not referring to the SU25 :-0) for lockon.

I'm going to start Private messaging from now on, so skru_luse, it may appear that you have the last word. :thumbup:

I didn't say it was perfect, I said that further work would "make an already amazing model perfect." :-) Who said I didn't like it? Not I. And by the way, I'd pay money for Gys and Valery's new model if it was made to the level of SimMods A-10A, ED's SU-25T, etc. :-)
I'm a tester for this project, and I can say that the model as exact as it could be. You've got a picture of this (dontknowhowtocallitinenglish thing under the HUD) and on your's the same situation is present. And one more thing the model IS perfect - you can take a ruler and try to prove that it is not.

And one more the model is better than simmod A-10 and the same class as Su-25T - if you do not see that maybe you not get some things in aircraft 3D modelling.

Edited by Scart
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

some quoting from my PM answer for further questions on this features:

Pilot. The pilot was made not HI POLY because it's overall presentation in the model look is insufficient, but 13K polys for simmod pilot is just the same count as the whole F-15 body except some cute things as nozzles, gears, AOA sensors etc. So consider this we'll get a FPS drop without sufficient overall quality add.

Bump. The bump was a big discussion during project creation, but we discovered that it should be - so it is in place. After McDonnell remove this bump we'll make a patch.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

I'm guessing that "bump" is part of the "jet wiper" of the F-15

I read somewhere that combat aircraft have those jet wipers to clear off rain droplets or snow from their canopies during inclement weather

am i correct?

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

maybe, we didn't look for the details of purposes of that, we just try to find out if it is taking place in there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm guessing that "bump" is part of the "jet wiper" of the F-15

I read somewhere that combat aircraft have those jet wipers to clear off rain droplets or snow from their canopies during inclement weather

am i correct?

at 1:30 around pauldy u see what it is for :)

The bump is 100 percent correct (successfully installed thanks modman7). Almost all fast jets have a compressed air system to keep canopy front clean for landing in rain / hail etc. On the F 14 its implemented as 3 pencils that spray air; in later versions as a slit that blows air. This is quite perfect but obviously a persons orientation "might" reduce its apapearance. Look at pics if ur not convinced. Very very impressed by this attention to detail. Your model doesn't need praise; it speaks for itself.

Great model! I love it (except the pilot inside)!

There's some bug with navlights though. Navlights do not illuminate their surroundings, are not visible at distance. Navlights when on during day are dropping some extra shadow on the plane (when full shadows used). It seems they are treated by engine as solid object and that's why the cast shadow.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

There's some bug with navlights though. Navlights do not illuminate their surroundings, are not visible at distance. Navlights when on during day are dropping some extra shadow on the plane (when full shadows used). It seems they are treated by engine as solid object and that's why the cast shadow.
Nvidia?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great model! I love it (except the pilot inside)!

The light on the ground and nearby parts is hardcoded, shadows from the lights plate is a nvidia known issue. If we'll find the solution with navlights shadows we'll fix that.

Navlight is seen from 2-3 km perfectly -like it should be with others.

Hi,

I already want to say bravo for this beautiful model of mad ^ ^

cleardot.gifAfficher en йcriture latine

Actually have to impressionque position lamps (NAV) are not well placed and shines down like a led? !

After I have two questions:

Why the door is fueling it unpainted (Green) ... ?

And there is possible to save the template to customize our skin?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

== http://www.3rd-wing.net ==

Extremmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome job guys. I'm flying your Japanese F-15 over Manchuria ;)

2coondh.jpg

rc0sn5.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Look what I saw in multiplayer. Something is wrong :o I checked same skin same payload in singleplayer and all was okay. I don't get it. So why fuel tanks are not in correct position in multiplayer game?

ScreenShot_004.jpg.17cf6d25066936aafe9b2a6c1fafad15.jpg

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Look what I saw in multiplayer. Something is wrong :o I checked same skin same payload in singleplayer and all was okay. I don't get it. So why fuel tanks are not in correct position in multiplayer game?

Yeah. Because the server uses old model.