diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I thought the F-18 did well, after all it was almost as fast as the SAM :doh:

Yeah, should have dropped more flares. :) Should fool a radar SAM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

It was an IR SAM.

For that matter, the SAM was equipped with a high efficiency air-breathing motor and datalink enabling it to re-attack. For the vicious final phase, when the target has ran himself dry of energy and is no longer able to dodge, it does the shotgun thing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The avionics have been getting updated for over a decade. See the original F4 and tell me how good those avionics are. Don't pretend like it wasn't free development for A LONG FREAKING TIME that saved falcon. And don't pretend like the company that created it didn't go bankrupt, either.

F4 is good because there was a huge effort put into it for a huge amount of time post-release, and illegally at that. It is an exception, nothing more. ED is showing you what is achievable commercially ... without breaking your own neck trying to do it.

I didn't say that it was not a free development or not. And I'm not talking it's legality either, or whether the company ran out of business or not.

The F4 which was released December 1998 is the most successful combat flight sim ever been released, regardless of the other factors. These people wrote a code that no one could do 12 years ago, they put huge effort and they succeeded.

The avionics in F4 were the best 12 years ago. F4AF is another successful version of it and it's a legitimate copy.

I'm looking forward for ED products, and I think they are doing pretty good job on these sims, I'm quite happy to see someone taking the initiative to quench the flight sim community.

The deal is that they could slap a DC on today and it would suck. There is a whole lot more to making a good DC than just 'slapping a DC on'. I'll let you think on it :D

And actually I don't see what your problem with pre-planned missions is. DCs are fairly dumb in their own right.

So from my understanding, a good DC takes too much time that it won't be commercially feasible?!

If that's the case, then we can understand that, and you could have made this clear from the beginning.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Core i7 930 @ 4.2GHz | 6GB Tri-Channel Corsair | XMS 9-9-9-24 @ 1758MHz | Corasir TX750W PSU | Acer P224 24" LCD | LG FL. Slim 19" LCD | Antec 1200 FT case | 1x 560GTX eVGA - 11x 8800GT as Ph. | WD Black Edition 1TB HDD | WD Black Edition 500GB HDD | Maxtor 80GB (Kubuntu64) | Saitek X-52 | Saitek Pro Flight Rudders | TIR 4 Pro w/Clip Pro | Thrustmaster MFD's

I didn't say that it was not a free development or not. And I'm not talking it's legality either, or whether the company ran out of business or not.

The F4 which was released December 1998 is the most successful combat flight sim ever been released, regardless of the other factors. These people wrote a code that no one could do 12 years ago, they put huge effort and they succeeded.

I disagree, but you can call semantics on this one: The F4 which was released in December 1998 wasn't terribly successful at all, and the company that released it folded. The 'other factors' are very important because they are in fact what makes it the exception. And that DC was pretty buggy, too.

The avionics in F4 were the best 12 years ago. F4AF is another successful version of it and it's a legitimate copy.

Jane's did quite well by comparison, and frankly I believe radar operation was more nuanced and closer to reality there than in the original F4, but maybe my memory fails me here.

I'm looking forward for ED products, and I think they are doing pretty good job on these sims, I'm quite happy to see someone taking the initiative to quench the flight sim community.

Great! Then like everyone else, you must be wondering what else the NEXT module will bring, too! ;)

So from my understanding, a good DC takes too much time that it won't be commercially feasible?!

If that's the case, then we can understand that, and you could have made this clear from the beginning.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

No, a DC can be commercially viable, but it isn't a simple piece of software (you could make it be, but again, it'd be pretty dumb). In other words, the potential for a DC right now is slowly being increased with each module.

This random mission generator is the very first step towards such a goal, but there are many, many things to do to achieve a reasonable DC (even the RMG is not easy, but it can povide oodles of replayability if set up correctly).

The other thing to consider is that there is a great deal of features that are MORE important than a DC that need to make it into the game, such as particular AI behavior, radio communications, all that 'other fun stuff' that makes up part of the immersion. I mean, how would you like a 'DC' where no one talks to anyone? Some people think this is part of the DC. It isn't. The DC is a combination of many things, mainly resources management and regeneration, and top level strategic and lower level tactical AI, then you have 'squadron leader' AI (be it for tanks or planes, say) and 'flight section leader' AI and finally you get down to individual vehicle AI, which then must tap into a communications system, etc.

Pieces upon pieces upon pieces. Let's say it isn't simple.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It was an IR SAM.

For that matter, the SAM was equipped with a high efficiency air-breathing motor and datalink enabling it to re-attack. For the vicious final phase, when the target has ran himself dry of energy and is no longer able to dodge, it does the shotgun thing!

Hmm, will have to rewatch. Sounds like an impressive SAM. Not sure how it avoided the patented fuel tank drop if it was an IR SAM though. Surely it would have seeked straight into the mountain like the other SAM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

F4AF is another successful version of it and it's a legitimate copy.

Word is out they ripped off a lot of past time modders without giving any credit. How much of that is true, i do not know, but looking a little closer on F4 history, i woudln't call it unlikely.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It just happened to be a smarter doggie than the other one.

Hmm, will have to rewatch. Sounds like an impressive SAM. Not sure how it avoided the patented fuel tank drop if it was an IR SAM though. Surely it would have seeked straight into the mountain like the other SAM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

934.preview.jpg

Type Interceptor/multi-role Fighter aircraft

Manufacturer Grumman

Designed by Bob Kress, engineering manager[1]

Maiden flight 21 December 1970

Introduction September 1974

Retired 22 September 2006, USN

Status Active service with Iran, Limited Service in United States Navy

Primary users United States Navy, Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force

Number built 712

Unit cost US$38 million in 1998

F-18 Hornet

927.preview.jpg

Type Multirole fighter, strike fighter

Manufacturer Boeing Integrated Defense Systems

Designed by McDonnell Douglas

Maiden flight 1995-11-29

Introduction 1999

Primary user United States Navy

Produced 1995-present

Number built 300

Unit cost US$57 million (F/A-18E)

US$59 million (F/A-18F)

Developed from F/A-18 Hornet

Variants EA-18 Growler

F-22: Raptor

926.preview.jpg

Type Stealth air superiority fighter

Manufacturers Lockheed Martin Aeronautics

Boeing Integrated Defense Systems

Maiden flight YF-22: 29 September 1990

F-22: 7 September 1997

Introduction 15 December 2005

Status Active: 91[1]

Planned: 183

Primary user United States Air Force

Unit cost US$137.7 million as of 2007[3]

F-35 Lightning

923.preview.jpg

Manufacturers Lockheed Martin Aeronautics

Northrop Grumman

BAE Systems

Maiden flight 15 December 2006

Introduction 2011 (scheduled)

Status Under development/pre-production

Primary users United States Air Force

United States Navy

United States Marine Corps

Royal Air Force / Royal Navy

Produced 2003-present

Unit cost F-35A: US$48 million

F-35B: US$62 million

F-35C: US$63 million

Developed from Lockheed Martin X-35

Dream on... ;) Even though i am sure a descent simulation of this planes won`t happen in the next 30 years, I wonder what is so faszinating about a F/a-22, F-35? Even the Superhornet does´t not thrill me that much as the early F/A-18s.

What about the time the pilot still had something to do and was in command, not the integrated chip? Why is noone suggesting the DCS: UAV Predator, I mean this is the future of air supremacy.

Imho a plane like the Starfighter F-104, Tiger F-5 or A-7 Corsair, MiG-21 would fit DCS best. Great planes with history, single seater, should be some information accessible, and human is still operator, pilot and decisive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I a few plane to pick from all good one but If going by the Military contract rules I guess the Hornets for me.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

^^ is it as high fidelity as DCS.... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

USAF and Jetfighter V, I have USAF but with my AMD I cana't get high settings on Graphics.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45