Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I don't know why people keep saying 'probably the Su-33', because that is one of the most unlikely aircraft to be modeled, at least AFAIK.

The order/content of modules can be changed at any time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people keep saying 'probably the Su-33', because that is one of the most unlikely aircraft to be modeled, at least AFAIK.

The order/content of modules can be changed at any time.

Thats why I said "if I remember right". And you cant deny, that there was a list around, long time ago. Thats a good things...about the changings...so not former listed AC might be possible.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I agree. I know the F16 has been simmed for ages....and although it was great, it has never really been done right or at the level A10c will be or is. The Viper has to be on this list. Other aircraft would have to be:

Hornet

Tornado

Harrier

F35

Su34

Would love to see the 15E but modeling a two seater I imagine would be difficult.

Um both the Tornado and Su-34 are two seaters, plus several versions of the Hornet and Harrier

Dell Studio XPS 1650

Intel i7 1.60 ghz

6gb ram

300mb HD

ATI Mobility Radeon 4670

Not to mention the Harrier is being retired (rejected), the F-35 isn't even in service and likely inaccessible (rejected) and the Su-34 is AFAIK inaccessible (rejected)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Its already been said... whatever ED has a military contract for, then that will most likely be on the DCS module list. So someone find out WTF they are doing for the military besides A-10. Besides the US side, they'd be strong odds for a DCS level Su-25 as access should not be a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not to mention the Harrier is being retired (rejected), the F-35 isn't even in service and likely inaccessible (rejected) and the Su-34 is AFAIK inaccessible (rejected)

You mean that Su-34 is not accessible due to it's quite new.... It hasn't been rejected anywhere as far I know. RuAF buys them :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Rejected as a module :D

Well, given what ED has done with A-10C commercially, I just don't see how the Su-34 would fit into such a scheme right now, but I could be wrong or they might need some version of TBS for something or other when it comes to the Su-34, who knows ... I just don't think it is likely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Andrey mentioned the Su-25 as a possibility in DCS at some point ( no ... not the T )

Yes not T, cause all Ts have been upgraded to TM....So TM version would be coooooooooooooooooool and basta!

Su-25SM is still under development and it is not know how long will it be. Su-25A is II World War plane so almost useless, maybe as bomb truck nothing more :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

TM is also not likely to happen since it doesn't look like anyone is really putting it to use. The SM is under development like the A-10C is under development - it is an aircraft in service undergoing constant upgrades.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes we could see few Su-25SMs flying and they used rocket pods only (maybe there were no need to carry anything better)... but you see A-10C development is much more further than Frog As far I know SM doesn't have any TV\FLIR pod device yet. No modern anti tank weapons also, maybe Hermes missiles but it is unknown...

TMs are in service and bravely serve RuAF somehow :D

ಠ_ಠ

They are working on pod for the SM :)

Any more info? I know they're working :D

I hope you're joking.

Hah a little yes ;)

ಠ_ಠ

Unfortunately I don't know anything more about the modernization of the Su-25SM in the RuAF ... perhaps Sov13t knows a thing or two about it. They seem to want to give it an A-10C like precision engagement capability.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You and me both. ;)

So thinking about an F-16 Sim do you think it would finally put the various Falcon 4.0 versions to bed? The big plus would be that you would pick up probably the largest community of trained Flight simmers around being able to come over and be fairly competent fairly quickly, I mean a lot of these guys already know how to do that basics and would be Lasing and refueling etc. On the down side they are a reasonably "difficult and vocal bunch."

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Tharos do you think it is possible it will be an f-16?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

If we are getting an F-16, I am going to order a custom cake with an F-16 on it. Not kidding.

The F-16 is so sick. It is one of the most inspirational fighters for me.

Edited by kingneptune117

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Hey, the F-15 is awesome...what is it's k/d...something like 104-0. WHEN EAGLES FLY, MIG'S DYE.