Patriot missle system not engaging me

I set up the Patriot Launcher, Command Post, and Radar yet do not get fired upon by the system. I have tried being at all altitudes and distances from the system but still, do not get fired upon.

I have placed other AA units such as avengers or stings in the area and they engage me automatically. Whats the deal ?

I set up the Patriot Launcher, Command Post, and Radar yet do not get fired upon by the system. I have tried being at all altitudes and distances from the system but still, do not get fired upon.

I have placed other AA units such as avengers or stings in the area and they engage me automatically. Whats the deal ?

Have you aligned the Radar properly? ThePatriot AN/MPQ-53/65 Radar has a 120 degree FOV only, ie 60 Degrees Left and Sixty Degrees Right, evident from the Flat Phased Array Radar. So it's Important to point/align it in the Right direction.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Have you aligned the Radar properly? ThePatriot AN/MPQ-53/65 Radar has a 120 degree FOV only, ie 60 Degrees Left and Sixty Degrees Right, evident from the Flat Phased Array Radar. So it's Important to point/align it in the Right direction.

So the Patriot doesnt actively scan in all directions ? That giant blue circle that appears when you place the system on the map is deceiving then; I guess thats just showing you its range.

So the Patriot doesnt actively scan in all directions ? QUOTE]

No - As said, 60 degrees left and 60 degrees right:

img_39_13081_0?1181824737.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Someone "in the know" says the radar is the weakest link in this system, the missile can out fly the radar. (But this guy writes code for the missile, so he is biased, LOL) It can track 100 targets, which is kinda cool, but this is an old technology. He also said a big limitation is making the complex system easy enough for enlisted personel to operate.

Thought you guys would find those two things interesting.

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

Good evening, you have creates one group of 3 units (radar, command post and launcher) or you placed them has one ? because they should be placed in the same group for they functions together

Translat by :SYSTRANET

La Plume est plus forte que l epee

[sIGPIC][sIGPIC]785371NewBan127Thinvisible4.png

[/sIGPIC]

Amateurs de voilures tournantes,les inscriptions sont ouvertes

BS 2/MI-8/MIG 21 DOC en Français =>

Dispo ICI

DCS WORLD Mes contributions =>

Cliquer LA

Good evening, you have creates one group of 3 units (radar, command post and launcher) or you placed them has one ? because they should be placed in the same group for they functions together

Translat by :SYSTRANET

I placed 4 launchers in a circle and have the CP and radar in the middle. Could I place a bunch of radars over the map and randomly place the launchers and a CP for total map coverage or do they have to be within a few yards of eachother ?

I placed 4 launchers in a circle and have the CP and radar in the middle.?

Are the 6 units as above in a Single Group in the Mission Editor (ie Unit 1 of 6, 2 of 6 etc etc)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are the 6 units as above in a Single Group in the Mission Editor (ie Unit 1 of 6, 2 of 6 etc etc)?

Ha i just noticed that, they all say unit 1 of 1... do the patriot components need to be given different numbers in order to work together ?

As for the radar not being aligned correctly.. I dont know about that, the radar physically moves in relation to my position in the sky.

Ha i just noticed that, they all say unit 1 of 1... do the patriot components need to be given different numbers in order to work together ?.....

Yes - they need to form part of 1 Collective Group.

As for the radar not being aligned correctly.. I dont know about that, the radar physically moves in relation to my position in the sky.

Have you looked at the Pic I posted? Trust me - that Flat Phased-Array radar does not move at all one deployed ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He also said a big limitation is making the complex system easy enough for enlisted personel to operate.

Things like this really bug me. In the miltary the gap between enlisted and Officer's is very small or none existant. I know several NCM's that have more education then Officer's, pilots included. Not bashing you or anything, but statements like that only reflect on the quality of training the Militaries world wide give to their soldiers.

rant closed...:pilotfly:

Things like this really bug me. In the miltary the gap between enlisted and Officer's is very small or none existant. I know several NCM's that have more education then Officer's, pilots included. Not bashing you or anything, but statements like that only reflect on the quality of training the Militaries world wide give to their soldiers.

rant closed...:pilotfly:

The comment about the patriot needing to be complex to defeat threats yet simple for the enlisted to use made me laugh. I am enlisted Army, presently deployed in Iraq and knowing how the Army is I could totally see the brass asking the designers of the system to make it "joe friendly"

.....making the complex system easy enough for enlisted personel to operate.

This should not be taken as any kind of hit against the educational standard of personnel operating the system. Simplicity of operation is a sensible concept to apply to any military computer system. I've worked on both military (and civilian) radar and comms systems for over 20 years - designing, writing and testing software including GUI's.

Especially on military systems, you have to always be aware that the guy operating it might not be in an office environment. He might be stressed, tired, cold, hot, dehydrated, scared, etc. He might be physically struggling - wearing NBC gear, perhaps having to press the keys with a pencil because he is wearing gloves, etc, etc, etc....

Making the system as easy as possible to operate makes sense and, if you can make the job that the operator is doing that tiny bit easier, he'll thank you for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

How do you adjust the radars ?

The 'Heading' Circle in the ME. Default at 0 degrees - Just rotate to the desired Heading.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow good discussion, yeah, on the enlisted thing, I served 3 years in the US Army as an enlisted guy so I surely didn't mean any disrespect, that is just what the man said.

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

Have you looked at the Pic I posted? Trust me - that Flat Phased-Array radar does not move at all one deployed ;)

Damn.. this is frustrating. I pointed the radar to directly intercept my flight path and still did not get engaged. When I flew over the system the radar once again turned 360 degrees and tracked me physically. I got no alarms or warnings and did not get fired upon. I tried making the system all the same group number but because each component is different it would not let me, even if I entered the numbers manually the game changed them to different number.

Again, I have the radar, CP and 2 launchers whithin a few yards of eachother on the map. Only the Radar tracks me, the launchers do not move of fire.

HELP !

Damn.. this is frustrating. I pointed the radar to directly intercept my flight path and still did not get engaged. When I flew over the system the radar once again turned 360 degrees and tracked me physically. I got no alarms or warnings and did not get fired upon. I tried making the system all the same group number but because each component is different it would not let me, even if I entered the numbers manually the game changed them to different number.

Again, I have the radar, CP and 2 launchers whithin a few yards of eachother on the map. Only the Radar tracks me, the launchers do not move oR fire.

HELP !

Again, I have the radar, CP and 2 launchers whithin a few yards of eachother on the map. Only the Radar tracks me, the launchers do not move oR fire.

HELP !

HELP !

Wow good discussion, yeah, on the enlisted thing, I served 3 years in the US Army as an enlisted guy so I surely didn't mean any disrespect, that is just what the man said.

None taken to you. I've been a serving army member for 16 years now, 13 years as Air Defence, and now doing something "else" and comments like that, regardless of who or what context they are spoken, just irk me.