Here's My VAC (Voice activated commands) Radio Profile for LockOn 2

jib

I Have only the put in the most common ones and have strung commands together to make them quicker to say.

You do have to remember the radio commands structure a little more this way be when you get use to it it is much better and has less recognition mistakes.

Lots of the voice commands shorten 4 key presses into one command. and it is more realistic to speak to the tower and ground crew.

In game Radio structure: Radio-maintenance-refueling-100%

Key presses: --------------# ------ F7-------- F4---- -F4

Becomes.

Voice command: -------------"Request Refueling"----------

attachment.php?attachmentid=38119&stc=1&d=1271331294

If you don't have vac system there is a 30 - day trial period and it is only £11.65 ($18) to buy

Money well spent I think for all the use I have gotten out of it.

http://www.dwvac.com/

Edit: New download link:

http://cid-b379ad3e017f62a1.skydrive.live.com/embedicon.aspx/.Public/New%20Online%20version%20lockon%202^_0%20.xml

Edit 2: Detailed Instructions:

Download and save thehttp://cid-b379ad3e017f62a1.skydrive.live.com/embedicon.aspx/.Public/New%20Online%20version%20lockon%202^_0%20.xml and Take off the underscore _ at the end and beginning

Install Vac System.

In VAC Builder, click File, Import, VAC Profile (xml) and browse to the Online version lockon 2_0.xml file click Open.

You then have to load the imported profile with File, Load.

Then tweak the profile to how you like it. Done.

Try it free for 30 days to see if you like it.

493089988_VacSystemRadioProfile.thumb.jpg.e7ec256d9fededa32f82797eed7484c8.jpg

Edited by jib
  • Like 3

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Does it work with Windows 7??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Does it work with Windows 7??

In windows Vista and 7 there are some issues with administrator privileges. Vac system and the program it is talking to need to have the same access token (administrator or normal user) to talk to each other.

It is best to disable UAC (warning may be a security risk)

I HATE UAC and always turn it of anyways, it causes wayyy more problems than it is worth (and it is so annoying)

here is a post about compatibility from there website http://www.dwvac.com/vac_phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137&sid=7e1ba952c898a339517ac00e3a01926e

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

cann't rename to XLM.. LOL ...won't work for me.

=4c=sNIp Try .xml not .XLM

=4c=sNIp is it still not working then.

Dowload and save the Online version lockon 2_0 .txt and rename it to Online version lockon 2_0.xml

Install Vac System.

In VAC Bulider, click File, Import, VAC Profile (xml) and browse to the Online version lockon 2_0.xml file click Open.

Then tweak the profile to how you like it. Done.

Try it free for 30 days to see if you like it.

Edited by jib

I did download it and test renaming the .txt

Try this one instead

http://cid-b379ad3e017f62a1.skydrive.live.com/embedicon.aspx/.Public/New%20Online%20version%20lockon%202^_0%20.xml

Edit: if it still doesn't work could be a version issue, looks like I'm a few months out of date

Edited by jib

Set this up last night, worked great, easy install.

I just renamed the .xml file from the orignal post to whatever, loaded it, had to monkey with a few of the commands to get it to work for my keymapping setup, but other than that - works perfect and your .xml file is a great start for a newbie like me.

If anyone wants a full Lockon setup the site has 2 profiles there for it, the buttons might be different for working parts of the plane, but, for me I never use VAC for that and simply radio comms which are the same in LO original and FC2.0, maybe just 2 or 3 are different.

• Like 1

Yeah, i can only say good about this little app. Working for me for about 1 year now, has good support, and i didn't have any major problem with it.

Only one thing i miss : it doens't recognize directx buttons, so if we want to use a joy button to activate sound input, we'll have to use another software to make the job...

Still i bought it and very happy with it. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

VAC has always worked flawlessly for me. Go to the VAC forum and post under support. The developer will answer you very quickly. I had a problem with a key and it was corrected within hours.

I think the best thing about VAC is that it's basically a development environment, and not overly complicated. It is worth the money!

One thing I don't like is tweaking the milisecond timing between words based on the type of phrase. For instance, in the profile provided you have to say 'wingman two' (then pause) 'attack my enemy'. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to tweak the pause time so you don't have to pause, and it varies based on the phrase you're using. I therefore, have created a profile that has all 125 commands in full sentence. You can say 'Wingman two attack my enemy' without a pause. No need to train it or get used to it. Just install and use. It works so well I can give commands to my wingmen while my pipe is in my teeth. The file contains the XML profile file, as well as a spreadsheet that outlines the commands and their corresponding keys.

DOWNLOAD

fc2vac.jpg

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Nice work, thanks for sharing

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.