Ground targets spotting.

Hi there guys,

I've been flying with SU-25 but it's extremely hard to spot ground targets, specially those that are inside cities, even if they fire at me it's hard to see them with full zoom, it's odd because in FC1 I could spot them more easily. Is there any graphic settings that turns spotting easier? In SU-25T is easier and in A10 it's just pretty simple if you carry some mavs.

Best regards and thank you for the help.

:pilotfly:

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help but still it's difficult. In FC we had some kind of black dots but in FC2 there is none.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I too had very hard time finding and identifying targets even through Maverick's IR monitor. And people just said it's just the way it is so I assumed it's just me. But the problem for me was following the FPS tweak posted in the mod section. It reduced the LOD for ground objects. I restored the setting back to original and now I can ID targets!

IMO

In The Vanilla:

I find its the man pads are the most dangerous, pesky little Varmits are everywhere.

Hanging s to good for em.

Seriously, It is tough, but Its as they say work on the tactics....

Edited by flask

FC2 is more realistic. Ground targets can be very hard to see.

Change your approach.

Seems that a Ka-50 FAC could really make sense now :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

A warplane flies too high and fast to easily spot a target, a heli flies lower but slower meaning once it spots a target(in urban area)... the heli is a target too, the tank can see better but it can be seen even better... only the foot soldier can see even better and can hide very efficiently... he is the king of urban warfare. Fragile but still a king! Respect the king... he can't be easily harmed when he sits on his "throne"(aka urban area).

OK, lets stop being melodramatic here!

This is how things are in RL and I think it should be that way in the game too... Riding a warplane in the sky doesn't mean that you are invulnerable, even if fighters aren't present, and it doesn't mean that everyone else is srewed cause you fly above their heads. It has its shortcomings too... Infantry has its means to be "invulnerable" too. Thats why in RL mission objectives aren't like "kill vehicles inside a city", you can kill what you see and in a city or a forest you rarely can see everything. Don't expect a flyier to spot a target behind/inside buildings, in narrow allays, with debris around.

As mentioned earlier, a FAC (be it a heli, other aircraft or at best a soldier with the proper eqipment) is the best solution!

Edited by isoul

Can DCS add some binoculars to the A10 pilot? That would be cool... ;)

I'm not sure when pilots first used them, but they did use them sometimes in Iraq.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Now imagine that real Su-25 pilots over Chechnya, Afghanistan ect had a real skill to see various units and kill them by dumb weaponry ;]

All time risking hitting by Strela or similar bad asses.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, theres your binoculars. x52's have it on the throttle

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you use your mouse with scrollwheel in the A10 like binoculars?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download