My graphics.

Sel94

I finally got a pretty good mix of quality and performance, ATI XFX 5870's (in crossfire) Settings:

SMOOTHVISION HD: Anti-Aliasing:

Box Unchecked, 2x, Filter: Box

SMOOTHVISION HD: Anistropic Filtering:

Box Unchecked, 16x

Catalyst A.I.:

Box Checked, Disable Catalyst A.I.

Mipmap Detail Level:

Quality

Wait for vertical refresh:

Always Off

Anti-Aliasing Mode:

Quality, Super-Sample AA

OpenGL Settings:

Box Checked, Triple Buffering

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well no wonder your in gaming mod Ranger not simulation.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

i just bought an ATI HD 5850 and cant wait to get this up and running you using 10.5, I replacing my GTX285 as I can't stand not flying Falcon5.5.

you need to get out of that game mode and set it to simulator .:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

well one of your framerate killers is that you are using Super Sampling for your AA....this takes a TON of computing power and it putes 2x+ AA on the Entire frame. Use multisampleAA you wont notice that much of a difference and your frames should see a healthy jump.....theres also and article on anandtech about super sampling and how it can make some scene with lots of straight lines look worse.

Core i7-930 (2.8 OC to 3.85), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, XFX Radeon 5870, 6 Gigs MUSHKIN DDR3-1600 6-8-6-24, 128 GB Crucial C300 SSD, 500 GB Western 5400rpm Digital Green Drive,ASUS SATA 3 6gbps card.

I use ATI Radion HD 3200 Integrated/AMD Phenom II X4 810 quad core processor. Does that stuff work for me?

well with integrated graphics i would not expect to be putting any AA on..you could proboly get away with some AF though.

Edited by Lucid484

Core i7-930 (2.8 OC to 3.85), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, XFX Radeon 5870, 6 Gigs MUSHKIN DDR3-1600 6-8-6-24, 128 GB Crucial C300 SSD, 500 GB Western 5400rpm Digital Green Drive,ASUS SATA 3 6gbps card.

Also keep in mind that cards like the 5870 we have are for 1920x1080 and above resolutions....Playing any lower than that, you aren't utilizing the graphics card enough...The reasons our cards have such a large amount and fast RAM is to process large hi-res textures for big resolutions....dropping to certain resos will give very similiar frame rates and a big loss in quality.....this is even truer when you are running in crossfire mode. I know its hard to beleive but playing most games in low resolutions there is a cap at which you need a fast card and no matter how much faster you get you likely wont see an improvement....not one your wallet will like anyway =)

Edited by Lucid484

i just bought an ATI HD 5850 and cant wait to get this up and running you using 10.5, I replacing my GTX285 as I can't stand not flying Falcon5.5.

Mastiff,

Believe me I will, I hope to find some mature and serious gamers online who do not trample on noobie to semi-skilled pilots. I have played F-18, Janes USAF, Falcon 4.0, and Lock On in the past, but the online expierence at the time was minimal and pretty bad. Once I get everything set up, fly a few sorties, and review all the training videos I will be ready to come online and play some coop with the A-10. Add me to your xfire if you get a chance:

ranger1979sf

Ranger

you the same ranger79 on xfire?

104th_mastiff for me

:thumbup:

oh and the longer you stay on game mod the more likely hood you will develop some bad habits..

Edited by Mastiff

Mastiff,

Believe me I will, I hope to find some mature and serious gamers online who do not trample on noobie to semi-skilled pilots. I have played F-18, Janes USAF, Falcon 4.0, and Lock On in the past, but the online expierence at the time was minimal and pretty bad. Once I get everything set up, fly a few sorties, and review all the training videos I will be ready to come online and play some coop with the A-10. Add me to your xfire if you get a chance:

ranger1979sf

Ranger

I'll fly some a-10 sorties with you ranger..I'm no good with the jets but i'm always busting tanks with the a-10!

Mastiff, let us know how you get on with the new card. I have a ‘285 and am thinking of upgrading whilst i can still get a good Ebay price for it. Was looking at a 5870 as the new NVidia’s are way overpriced IMO.

FC probably won’t improve much as its CPU bound but you should see difference elsewhere. With you on the FF, as 5.3 and now 5.5 have come out whilst I have been in the “NVidia desert”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Will do; I was an ATI fanboy for 15 years. I only went to NVIDA Late Last year because ATI couldn't get their crap together with 64bit drivers, working properly with OpenGL.

Now that I test this HD4650 with 10.5, which I have on the other rig, 10.5 drivers look like the shizznezzzy. The card will be here today and I should be testing tonight. The ATI HD5850 is slightly faster then the GTX285. So I was going to spend the 50$ more for the ATI HD5870 but decided on this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,2646-5.html

its uses the same chip for the 5870, Radeon HD 5850

Codename: RV870 "Cypress"

Process: 40 nm

Universal Shaders: 1,440

Texture Units: 72

ROPs: 32

Memory Bus: 256-bit

Core Speed MHz: 725

Memory Speed MHz: 1,000 (4,000 effective)

DirectX/Shader Model: DX 11/SM 5.0

Radeon HD 5870

Codename: RV870 "Cypress"

Process: 40 nm

Universal Shaders: 1,600

Texture Units: 80

ROPs: 32

Memory Bus: 256-bit

Core Speed MHz: 850

Memory Speed MHz: 1,200 (4,800 effective)

DirectX/Shader Model: DX 11/SM 5.0

:thumbup:

Mastiff, let us know how you get on with the new card. I have a ‘285 and am thinking of upgrading whilst i can still get a good Ebay price for it. Was looking at a 5870 as the new NVidia’s are way overpriced IMO.

FC probably won’t improve much as its CPU bound but you should see difference elsewhere. With you on the FF, as 5.3 and now 5.5 have come out whilst I have been in the “NVidia desert”

Edited by Mastiff

ok installed the ATI HD 5850 I'm having a problem with the Black shark SP. icon disappeared and when I try to start the game it runs the hour glass as if opening and then nothing.

I try to make short cut but the dos icon is only there and its states no exe file exsist..

see attached :joystick:

Cheapest is almost never "best".

Could you supply a DxDiag output file and I could have a look at your system to see what would be the best course of action.

EDIT: Also, just to check - did I understand you right in that that is a laptop? I don't have a clear memory of the thread and little time to re-read it right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

No it's a desktop and I know cheap is usually the worst. Believe me, I walked in the store, found one for 3,000 dollars and was like " I want this one" but, don't have that much money and it was a computer with a bad graphics card, or one that cant support anything and I wanted to play LOMAC so much.

Also, DxDiag? No habla Espanol! You should know by now how bad I am with this stuff :]

Edited by Sel94

This sticky is worth it's weight in gold: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52089

:)

Anyways, do this:

Press start.

in the search field, type "dxdiag", press enter

diagnose box comes up, press "save all information"

save it to a location on your hard drive that you will remember

return to this thread, and press "Go Advanced" below the quick-reply box

click the paperclip icon in the tool tray above the typing box

use the popup to find and upload the dxdiag.txt file

post (note that you'll have to type something)

Oh, and

No habla Espanol

Pero porque no? Es una bonita idioma!

(Well, I don't speak very good spanish either... My apologies to native spanish speakers for my butchering of your language. :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I search but the computer just finds a bunch of files and doesn't give me a diagnoses box.(I'm searching in "computer"[win 7])

And why yes, I do enjoy baby kittens for lunch, how did you know?

You should not search in the computer, it should recognize it immediately in the search box.

The attached screens are for Vista, but it should be similar in Win7.

dxdiag.jpg.355a80685431f7c658b96315fc137232.jpg

dxdiag2.jpg.b8573a11825becf245b5e8b6391a0897.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Oh, you mean that search box. Wow, sorry for my dumbness. O.K., well here it is. After the window comes up, it gives me the option to run a DxDiag 64-bit. I can do that if needed.Please enlighten me with your all-knowing computer knowledge. :]

DxDiag.txt

Hah, I'm far from all-knowing. Better than average maybe, but not omniscient. :P

Anyway, a brief look does confirm our fears - your GPU is very weak for the purpose of games. I won't bore you with numbers that might not mean anything to you (Okey - one small for illustration: Pixel and Texel fillrates are 2GP/s and 2GT/s respectively, which is a quarter of that of the x1900 which was "new and good" in 2006. We are back to 2004 to find a "new" card that had that fillrate performance when it was considered a "good card".) You also have video memory that is right at the edge of the minimum requirements.

The HD 3200 has the technical capability to run new games since it has Dx10, but it's just too weak in execution cores to do any good. It's meant to sit in a computer that's mainly used for traditional "web browsing" and watching videos.

My recommendation would be to purchase a separate graphics card. This need not be a very expensive one - you're looking at somewhere around 100 dollars. A bigger issue is that the specifications I've managed to find for that computer model lists a 300 watt PSU, and that PSU would have to be replaced to feed a graphics card like that with juice. It might be possible to find a card that can live without a PCI-e power connector (I know Ati released a few budget cards that should be able to do a passable job that could be fed enough power purely from the PCI-e slot).

Would be very good to know the exact motherboard chipset to know what slots it has. I'll keep digging a bit and see if I can find that information.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Do you recall the exact model number? I'm seeing a lot of DX4300 variants, and one of them does have a free PCI-e x16 slot which is what we want - but it doesn't have the same processor.

Good news being then: if you're in luck, you'd look at between 100 and 200 dollars to get a workable card in there. (Card + Power Supply.)

Bad news being: if your specific variant is one of the bad ones, there's nothing you can do beyond also replacing the motherboard, and then we have added another 100 dollars and require you to either read some tutorials on how to disassemble and reassemble a computer, or find a friend that has said skills. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Good news - yours is one of the good ones, you have an x16 slot. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester