PC Issue help requested

Aye - ASUS have 3 year warranty on their cards. Currently busy with necessary comms etc.

If you don't mind, keep us informed.. I have always had Asus products and lucky I haven't had any issues. Would like to know how they are to deal with when you do have and issue. PM, me if you like.Cheers. Hope you get your issue addressed and not have to fight to get it resolved. Customer Relations is a big factor for me and I would assume many others.Good Luck:thumbup:

There might be hope yet........Opened the PC, removed the card and gave it a cursory clean and vacuum. Reseated the card and booted up with no issues.

Could it have been as simple as a loose card?

In any event - stress-testing with the following:

http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php

Been running the GPU test for about 50 min now with no prob's.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Knew it, it was too soon to conclude a bad card. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Could it have been as simple as a loose card?

It is possible, I saw that a few years back when I worked at a place that tested computer parts

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I have been involved with computers all my adult career and you can not believe some of the stupid stuff that happens to cause endless hours of grief before one looks at the most simple causes. From the vic20 onwords and that goes well back. Now you can figure out my age,LOL.:D

Good to hear that a jiggle/reseat fixed your problem, with your symptoms, I would of definetly put it down to bust hardware, but alas a bad connection or a dodgy 6/8 pin power connection may have caused your problem.

Good to see that it wasnt needing RMA'd, cuz rma is a pita, I am in the middle of 2 atm and both companies are coming the cnut.

Glad you've got it sorted.

I had similar issues ten or more years ago with Creative live soundcard, it kept disconnecting (for no reason) from PCI slot every couple of days so I'd take it back under warranty as non functional but it'd work there when tested so I'd receive the same card back. Then, three or four days later same problem reappears...round and round, I take it to the shop - they say it's OK. By checking it visually and fiddling with it over open rig case one couldn't say it's loose but contact was bad, probably due to shitty slots of a Soundcard itself!

LOL! I still feel the headache it kept giving me for weeks 'til I finally bought a new one...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

After a week or so's respite, did it again. Yanked it out and took it to a PC Shop for independant verification and they confirm that it is indeed the RAM in the Card that's FUBAR.

Oh Wei, RMA it is........Thank Goodness for new rig :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'