OT - SU-30MKI Top Knotch Performance Video

I meant the F-22.

Whoops..misinterpreted that. ;)

The Berkut WILL enter service, just not on its FSW concept. There are some pictures that look like an F-22, with LERX and 8 BVR missiles instead of 6.

..Really?

KuostASigcopy.png

The F-22 is already in limited service - whichever deployment phase it is they're at right now.

The Berkut is a pipe dream until someone actually pays for it to be turned into a proper fighter. Until then, it IS just a demonstrator. Last I heard it wasn't even fitted with any combat avionics, just mock-ups, and Sukhoi was looking for buyers - AFAIK they haven't found any.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The Berkut WILL enter service, just not on its FSW concept. There are some pictures that look like an F-22, with LERX and 8 BVR missiles instead of 6.

Berkut will never enter service. It is test plane for new technologies.

F/A-22A Raptor is in the service:

ACC

-422nd TS(OT) Nellis AFB, NV F/A-22A

-325th FW (TY):

*43rd FS Hornets Tyndall AFB, FL F/A-22A (25)

-1st FW (FF):

*27th FS Eagles Langley AFB, VA F/A-22A (24)

*<71st FS Langley AFB, VA F/A-22A (24)>

*<94th FS Langley AFB, VA F/A-22A (24)>

And: AFMC

412th Test Wing 411th FLTS Edwards AFB, CA F/A-22 CTF

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

Guest DeathAngelBR

I'll say it again: the Berkut WILL enter service, just not on its FSW concept. Or should I make it more clear, saying PAK-FA?

EDIT:

t50-1.jpg

I'll say it again: the Berkut WILL enter service, just not on its FSW concept. Or should I make it more clear, saying PAK-FA?

EDIT:

t50-1.jpg

heh I doubt even if this design is true that it will last unchanged...Yes the Russians are eager to develop a new fighter but according to what I have seen so far, its going to be a lighter fighter than that.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The Berkut is a pipe dream until someone actually pays for it to be turned into a proper fighter. - GGTharos

Berkut will never enter service. It is test plane for new technologies. – ThirdELTPoznan

Shows what you guys know… by the way GGTharos, still waiting for that proof on comment you’ve made earlier (in case you’ve forgot… balabol). Agree with DeathAngelBR or not… but he’s right.

I am afraid that they won't be able to afford it. The next fighter which was supposed to enter service was Su-35 and what? - ThirdELTPoznan

Who won’t be able to afford it? Russia or India… or both!?!

LomacBanner.gif

I don't really care about these American "super-jets" because none of them look as amazing as a Su.

I’m afraid that can’t be said about the next generation of Su… at least not all of them. FSW Su-47 “Berkut” looks are amazing… PAK-FA T-50 are not. MiG Project 1.44 is another beautiful machine… sadly it’s chances of going into production are pretty low.

LomacBanner.gif

Shows what you guys know… by the way GGTharos, still waiting for that proof on comment you’ve made earlier (in case you’ve forgot… balabol). Agree with DeathAngelBR or not… but he’s right.

Who won’t be able to afford it? Russia or India… or both!?!

Good we have you on board - you know everything!

Good we have you on board - you know everything!

I think you and GGTharos fall more into that category than anyone else on this forum. I don’t know everything... but at least I know when to keep my mouth shut to topics I have no clue about… Maybe next time you can post a more constructive argument... Given your nationality, I guess there’s no point in continuing this argument… does it?

Cheers ;)

LomacBanner.gif

I think you and GGTharos fall more into that category than anyone else on this forum. I don’t know everything... but at least I know when to keep my mouth shut to topics I have no clue about… But given your nationality, I guess there’s no point in continuing this argument… does it?

Cheers ;)

So why you didn't keep your mouth shut when you were writing that post?

As for the maneuverability of the MKI and 37, that dominance is over: The Raptor easily matches those maneuvers now.

Impossible unless the F/A-22 was equipped with fully 3D TVC (which it's not). Not that it really matters, IMO 2D is sufficient for most combat situations at this time.

heh I doubt even if this design is true that it will last unchanged...Yes the Russians are eager to develop a new fighter but according to what I have seen so far, its going to be a lighter fighter than that.

Undoubtedly the design will differ from the diagram shown, but all information points to a fighter that will be at least between MiG-29 and Su-27 size, and I'm betting more towards the latter especially now that MiG has stated that they are working on a fifth-generation MiG-29 sized fighter.

I am afraid that they won't be able to afford it.

They can afford the current upgrades to the Flanker fleet, as well the new Su-32s, Mi-28s, etc. so I see no reason for why they could not afford a new fighter in 2010+. Anyway as long as India and China can afford it they will produce it.

The next fighter which was supposed to enter service was Su-35 and what?

I could say the same thing about the Comanche or A-12. The Su-35 was developed in the late 80s and was not really needed as the Su-27 was certainly capable of holding its own versus any other fighter of the day. With the F/A-22 finally appearing this is no longer the case and so a counter must be developed, both for national defense and as an export item to match the F/A-22 and JSF.

But given your nationality, I guess there’s no point in continuing this argument… does it?

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by that Drago? I happen to be of a certain nationality myself... :icon_wink

They can afford the current upgrades to the Flanker fleet, as well the new Su-32s, Mi-28s, etc. so I see no reason for why they could not afford a new fighter in 2010+. Anyway as long as India and China can afford it they will produce it.

I could say the same thing about the Comanche or A-12. The Su-35 was developed in the late 80s and was not really needed as the Su-27 was certainly capable of holding its own versus any other fighter of the day. With the F/A-22 finally appearing this is no longer the case and so a counter must be developed, both for national defense and as an export item to match the F/A-22 and JSF.

I was rather talking about current situation and only Russia as a customer. From what I have read and heard they can't afford buying new fighter fleet. It of course can change till 2010.

Now Russia is upgrading their MiG-29A/C to MiG-29SMT (about 150).

AFAIK Su-32/27IB/34 is being tested (about 9 test planes)

Russian Plant Launches Production of New Sukhoi Tactical Bomber

The Novosibirsk Chkalov Aviation Production Association (NAPO) is launching production of the Su-34 bomber, the plant’s general director, Aleksandr Bobryshev, has told Itar-Tass.

04304.jpg

NAPO has begun implementing a state order for the Russian air force, building the first Su-34 mass-production tactical bomber, Bobryshev explained.

“The Su-34’s radio-electronic equipment can be compared to fifth-generation aircraft,” Bobryshev said. The Su-34’s onboard equipment and weapons allow it to destroy precise protected targets in any weather, day or night. “This multipurpose aircraft can make missile strikes against targets on the ground and is also effective in air combat,” Bobryshev said.

Bobryshev said that five such tactical strike aircraft would be built in the next two years. The prototype Su-34s, which have successfully undergone tests, were also built at the Novosibirsk plant.

The aircraft has a take-off weight of 44.3 tons, a combat payload of 8 tons and a maximum range of 4,000 km. If refuelled once its range extends to 7,000 km.

NAPO is part of the Sukhoi holding

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/03/31/subombers_.shtml

It was tested some time ago in fact, you can find pictures of prototypes at airliners.net :)

That fighter bomber is in prototype stage for ages now. There were a number of examples flying around. I had a few videos of it you can grab at UBI's aviation forum and the Patricks site.

That nevertheless is probably the most formidable fighter sized craft Russia might have for years now. I hope they dont export it or it will escalate an arms race again.

My PC specs below:

First of all, being a "next-generation" fighter relevant to another doesnt automatically mean that the next generation plane is always better at all. There is way more to it than that. Second, the Su-30MKI is a next-generation aicraft, that will continue to fight into the same era as the F-22. The Su-30MKI is the newest and most modern of the Flanker series, and is constantly being upgraded from its systems to its engines, as it is exported to other countries like India and Taiwan.

Next generation fighter is relevant. Techonology is always growing and increasing, but sometimes it gets a boost. There are many boosts in human military history, such as rockets, guided missiles and more recently, stealth aircraft. You may consider "boosts" as a generation jump.

I know that the Su-30MK1 is the best Flanker around. Didnt know it a 5th generation fighter though...

There arent any 5th generation aircraft and there will be none in the next 30 years at least. Manufacturers like to skip generations to make their product look better.

5th generation fighters might well be completely different form what we see today and none of the alleged 5th generation fighters escape the same general outlines as the other "regular" 4rth generation fighters.

My PC specs below:

I know that the Su-30MK1 is the best Flanker around. Didnt know it a 5th generation fighter though...

According to the official Russian designation, flanker family… including Su-30MK still fall into 4+ generation. Su-47 and MiG 1.44 are 5th generation fighters. IMHO there’s a slight miscommunication going around. Just because Sukhoi official states that Su-30MK can fall into 5th generation category… doesn’t mean it does.

LomacBanner.gif

oh and all flanker fighters fit into the 3rd generation, current models are derivatives of the same that dates back to late 70's, no miracles here as they even havent catched up on the western 3rd generation in some areas. We just have to be carefull with those "wonder" classifications. I follow the specialized press as reference.

The only 4th and most advanced aircraft are the F-22, gripen, Rafale, eurofighter and eventualy the JSF, NO MORE, not even the chinese J-10, or the cheng-quo, FC-1, the indian LCA and all the others, as they are still 3rd generation planes, probably the last ones but still 3rd.

My PC specs below:

Since I read Bill gunston and Mike spick and other notables books alot I became accustumed to the western classification. Its not that its Biased, its not. Its infact quite reasonable. Hope I didnt create a misunderstanding here:)

I hope you guys dont find me a tad stuborn but I am somewhat suspicios of the russian own view of these things... icon10.gif

My PC specs below:

That is precisely why I suspect russian "expertise".It serves russian types alot! Eurofighter along with Su-30/33?! oh Please!!icon_rolleyes.gif

Theres very few things on both fighters that reflect the same filosophy of conception and even equipment!

My PC specs below: