Thrustmaster Warthog Preview CheckSix + Video!

I wonder how can we bring out concerns about quality, when nobody of us normal people haven't even touched the Warthog?

Honestly, it sounds like Warthog is still under development and the release is months away, not weeks.

Some people have already voiced concerns, most of them based on the Cougar of course... which is a completely "different animal". Regardless, whether now or later, early in the life cycle of the product is the best time to address any issues - so the feedback helps.

While I'm not calling those shots, I would imagine that the hardware ready for release at this point... and the software is what is still WIP - so, I'd expect a release fairly soon! :smilewink:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

With retailer release dates still in September, these sticks are already manufactured. It takes time to quality control check them, package them, ship them from factory to warehouse then to port. Then put on a cargo ship from China to destinations around the world.

It's just like if you get a just released monitor or piece of electronics kit, if you invariably look at the manufacture date it was months before it ever got into your hands.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

With retailer release dates still in September, these sticks are already manufactured.

I can find only about ten websites that are selling it. Only one of them(ShopBLT) gives out a release date, all the others say out of stock.

Now are you seriously going to trust ONE retailer in its release estimate?

Release dates are fantasy, especially when viewed on a pre-order web page from a company that isn't the manufacturer.

Lawndart, is it true that none of you guys have even seen TARGET yet? I realize that software beta testing doesn't have to be done by a hardware tester but if none of you have even seen the real software yet I can't see this thing being released in September.

It's still WIP AFAIK, however, Teej has been testing various versions over the past few months.

I've been a little out of the loop more recently since I'm in the middle of airline pilot training in real life until the end of this month, but I don't think we've seen a full suite yet - although, there's been several versions of software tested (mainly by Teej).

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Regarding the release date(s):

Retailer dates = fiction

TM date = fact

It's like we say when flying: "What you set is fiction, and until confirmed it's not fact!"

Thus far I haven't heard anything different than what was already posted by TM earlier this summer (late Q3 launch). I'll let you know if I hear anything else...

It's still WIP AFAIK, however, Teej has been testing various versions over the past few months.

I've been a little out of the loop more recently since I'm in the middle of airline pilot training in real life until the end of this month, but I don't think we've seen a full suite yet - although, there's been several versions of software tested (mainly by Teej).

What type of training? Aircraft change?

I can't speak for anyone else (such as check-six) but the VTB isn't bound to do or say anything we don't want to on our own accord. So take anything we say for whatever it's worth! If you want to believe our POV, fine. If not, fine too... just know, that I wouldn't write anything in my free time that I personally wasn't agreeing with. ;)

Yes, you can determine the detent location in the software to match the correct/desired rpm. (I suppose you could also physically modify the detent plate to change its physical location on the throttle arm).

Thank you, thats very good news, especially the software, which is more important, but if is your right about the hardware possibilities on the AB detent too, this will be awesome.

I know you would nt say what you would not, but also you just don t have to say anything about it.;) Thats how payd/interested interview works. Not that i am saying it is your case.

But i take info with a grain of salt when issued from hardware and software companies, i ve worked enought for them.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

What type of training? Aircraft change?

1040110.jpg

Nice CRJ700 ;)

...but same difference! ;)

Are the engines on the 900 the same as the small CRJs (albeit uprated)? As in A-10 engines?

Same family, but not the same. The General Electric CF-34 engines are basically the civilian version of the TF-34's, but for a ~80,000 lb aircraft like the 900, the thrust is actually a lot more than you'd find on the TF-34's on the Warthog. The 700/900 also have FADECs, different (bleed) stages etc. and about ~50% more thrust than a 100/200.

Quick summary:

TF34- = USAF A-10 Thunderbolt II & USN S-3A Viking, 9,275 lbs thrust each

CF-34-3B1 = CRJ 200, 8,729 lbs thrust each

CF-34-8C1 = CRJ 700, 12,670 lbs thrust each (FADEC controlled)

CF-34-8C5 = CRJ 900, 13,560 lbs thrust each (FADEC controlled)

P.S. Nice A-321 btw!

Edited by LawnDart