simpit extrnal buttons toggles, switches & dials ---> .lua. HOW?

pappavis

I wanna build my own Ka-50 simpit. I wanna start very small firtly implementing button presses and toggles, the easiets would be radio, fuelflow switches.

Having the proverbial two left hands its gonna be a challenge. I suppose there would be some LUA-scripting involved. Fortunaltey my forte is programming so that would be oke.

1. HOW does one link key-presses ingame to a LUA script, then onto a toggle switch?

2. How does translating keybord shortcuts goes to a switch?

3. What hardware would i need?

The techical implementation (i figure) would need to be something like this:

External activated toggle-switch --> emulated keybord device (custom developed) --> DCS Settings mapped to device --> executes LUA-script

Even if i can only toggle ONE button it would be a MAJOR breakthrough!

IDEALLY this would be my thing..

http://www.youtube.com/user/KA50Oakes#p/u/11/ml6V-PGNIoI

Edited by pappavis

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

The hardware is available in a few different forms. You can stick with something simple like a USB-keys device, but there are some fundamental shortcomings with it. It would likely be the easiest and simplest solution as the device takes your switches and generates a keystroke. The downside is that this works great for push button or momentary switches but not so good for on-off switches. Myself and a few other people are using hardware you can purchase from Opencockpits.com. The programming interface is already created but you will have to generate your own scripts to translate between their hardware and the sim. It can be a bit intimidating, at least it was for me, but there are a couple examples you can download from people here that have done some work that can get you started. So far Ive managed my caution panel and cockpit indicators and shortly Ill have a servo flaps guage that Ill have successfully linked to the sim. The last option is of course to design your own hardware and software and Mike's Flight Deck books are great to get you started there. I started to go this route but the amount of wiring required to make a proper circuit board is horrendous unless you wanna get into etching and drilling your own boards. The advantage there though is that you know exactly what your building, how to program for it and customize it to exactly the way you want. But it requires the most work too. There are a few excellent threads that can get you started here. As already mentioned, Oakes is probably one of the best to start with. I believe there is some stuff on interfacing with the Output.Lua file and some stuff about SIOC which is the software interface that comes with the Opencockpit solutions.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

As already mentioned, Oakes is probably one of the best to start with. I believe there is some stuff on interfacing with the Output.Lua file and some stuff about SIOC which is the software interface that comes with the Opencockpit solutions.

Oke, thanks, got the thread here --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36689

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

pappavis, if you're looking for lots of SOIC expertise, you could also try viperpits.org

Thanx. I am considering an all glass cockpit simulated thing.. i tryd out TouchBuddy which was a technical challenge for a while which worked kinda oke, however i now wanna start experimenting with something more advanced.

In most pits i see one needs to modify export.lua, thus, in most online servers running ServMan that export.lua would fail integrity check. Its minor detail.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель