disappering buildings

SilentBob

how can I change the distance in which buildings start to disappear/reappear in FC2?

there must be a value for that in graphics.cfg file, but which one?

thanx in advance

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

how can I change the distance in which buildings start to disappear/reappear in FC2?

thanx in advance

SB

I think it's these, but not too sure

FogParam1 = 10;

FogParam2 = 1.1;

if you adjust these you might get the desired effect you want.

Be warned though, these values are integrity checked on nearly all servers.

thanx.

do you know what does the numbers stand for? i.e - does the 10 means that 10km/nm is the max range for buildings to be visable or what?

SB

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

thanx in advance

SB

Navigate to your Config/graphics.CFG file and tweak the following parameters with Notepad++ -

High

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 5;

far_clip = 140000;

structures = {60, 15000};

trees = {1000, 9000};

Tweak above values in Red - only the second value which needs to increase. Default at 6000: as above I have mine set to 15000.

Ensure the value that is tweaked corresponds with the Vis Range setting in the GUI Options/Value that is selected in the .cfg file.

Lastly, ensure you have a complete backup of your entire folder prior to fiddling.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I think it's these, but not too sure

FogParam1 = 10;

FogParam2 = 1.1;

Adjust the second value only (FogParam2) to 0.4

Makes the buildings less 'transparent' - for distances see post above.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

thanx viper

reason I ask this is I want to gain a few FPS in A-10 missions with maverick MFD on but I don't like structures disappearing so close to me. I'm looking for the right "compromise" so to speak, between FPS and looks - the same old story I guess...

System Specs:

thanx viper

reason I ask this is I want to gain a few FPS in A-10 missions with maverick MFD on but I don't like structures disappearing so close to me. I'm looking for the right "compromise" so to speak, between FPS and looks - the same old story I guess...

Please note:

FogParam1 = 10;

FogParam2 = 1.1;

Changing (lowering) these settings coused terrible FPS problems with Blackshark (when Shkval is on). I assume the same happens with the A10 Maverick MFD.

2nd note:

These settings are now "server forced". So you will have the server settings no matter what your settings are if you fly at a online server.

(see "servergraphics.cfg" in Config folder.)

• Like 1

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried changing the FogParam2 value for Black Shark but whatever i do the buildings are still a transparant mess when seen through the Shkval.

Could anything else cause this ?

Only the FogParam settings in "servergraphics.cfg" have effect, also when flying in single player. But once again, if you go online and the server has different settings, you will have a integrity check fail.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With FC2, all objects have transparency, there is nothing you can really do about it. One good thing, everyone has this transparency.

Everyone has dumb wingmen in SP too and I don't see how it is a good thing :) That transparency is the most annoying thing in BS for me so far!

FPS tweak

is there an FPS twaeks for FC2 like the ones we had for FC?

the auther of them was Thomas D. Weiss, and they worked perfectly. as far as I know they are not compatible with FC2.

System Specs: