No sound in Game

stoianovarnould

Hi, I am new to this forum but not new to the wonderful world of DCS. Big BRAVO for you sims guys! As real as it gets!! I just installed the new A10. I have sound in the main menu (music) however no sound in game. I have no problems with Black Shark or FC2. I am running the game on W7 64 with a soundblaster soundcard. I can see a thread on this on the fist page of the forum, however it is marked as "Moved". Any ideas on how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance!

And what if that don't solve the problem?

Need more information. Do you get sound in the Mission editor or options screens (button clicks etc.)? Dxdiag output would be handy too. Updated to the latest drivers for your sound hardware?

Please add anything else you may feel is relevent.

Nate

Need more information. Do you get sound in the Mission editor or options screens (button clicks etc.)? Dxdiag output would be handy too. Updated to the latest drivers for your sound hardware?

Please add anything else you may feel is relevent.

Nate

Hi Nate, Sorry for the lack of information mate.

First installed a10c 64bit , then realised track ir only works in 32 bit so re d/loaded and installed with 32 bit ticked (didn't uninstall the 64bit initial install though) Now track ir works but there is no sound, in game Menu is ok.

Windows Vista 64bit

Nvidea 285 graphics

pendium 9550 quad core

700gb HD

1080 screen

latest drivers for all hardware

Slightly unusual sound hardware, it is this thing right? http://www.presonus.com/products/detail.aspx?productid=4

I note that in the x64 Dxdiag the drivers are unsigned by Microsoft. See if Presonus have signed drivers somewhere. There is nothing else jumping out in the DXDiags that suggests a problem, that I can see.

Failing that, you could try to use the onboard Audio on your motherboard (you probably have to enable it in the BIOS), just to check if everything works.

Nate

You may need to run HIMEM and MEMMAKER to squeeze out that little bit of base RAM to get the sound. ..oh, wait, no, that was back in the Dark Days of DOS and Falcon3.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

You may need to run HIMEM and MEMMAKER to squeeze out that little bit of base RAM to get the sound. ..oh, wait, no, that was back in the Dark Days of DOS and Falcon3.

My goodness, that brings back memories. Spent many hours tinkering with QEMM (Quarterdeck) to get all the functionality one could out of Falcon 3. I loved the Mig-29 addon.

Happy Days ... :pilotfly:

• Like 1

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Slightly unusual sound hardware, it is this thing right? http://www.presonus.com/products/detail.aspx?productid=4

I note that in the x64 Dxdiag the drivers are unsigned by Microsoft. See if Presonus have signed drivers somewhere. There is nothing else jumping out in the DXDiags that suggests a problem, that I can see.

Failing that, you could try to use the onboard Audio on your motherboard (you probably have to enable it in the BIOS), just to check if everything works.

Nate

Yes Nate , I use both on board and presonus depending on situation, but no problems with any other software or sounds.

Mission editor/ Main has sound in both 32 and 64 bit , when in 32 bit once I click on training mission the mission editor/main closes then the game opens yes? once this happens is when sounds are lost in 32 bit , 64 bit is ok no problems. So it's the transition between main screen and game screen, uninstalled everything including regedit items reinstalled still the same, hope this may help.

Cheers

Sean

Just to note that DCS is actually two separate programs, the mission editor/GUI and the Simulation engine. Once the Mission editor has doe it's job, it closes and passes the mission on to the simulation engine. This is the transition you are seeing, it is quite normal.

To be honest I am at a loss here. The Presonus is not a common piece of Kit, so it makes me suspicious that the conflict lies there, and the unsigned drivers throw a big red flag up too. The only thing I can think of to try is to uninstall the Presonus (hardware and software) and reinstall DirectX (again) and rely only on the onboard sound to test.

This is one of those problems where you have to keep fiddling about until you stumble upon an answer.

Nate

• ED Team
Yes Nate , I use both on board and presonus depending on situation, but no problems with any other software or sounds.

Mission editor/ Main has sound in both 32 and 64 bit , when in 32 bit once I click on training mission the mission editor/main closes then the game opens yes? once this happens is when sounds are lost in 32 bit , 64 bit is ok no problems.

Just checked with my RME Fireface UC, works perfectly, both 32-bit and 64-bit builds (under Win7/64).

Seems something is wrong with Presonus drivers.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
I note that in the x64 Dxdiag the drivers are unsigned by Microsoft. See if Presonus have signed drivers somewhere.

I don't think any pro-audio hw manufacturers sign their drivers. May be they (or MS) don't bother, or, which I think is more probable, signing is not a quick process, and pro-audio people expect a quick fix in case of any driver problems.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Flight of the old dog...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

For Windows Vista/7 64bit

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756962.aspx

Installation of 64-bit unsigned drivers will fail on the 64-bit system. If an installer manually adds a driver by editing the registry, the system will not load the driver during load time if it is not signed

It should be impossible to get a unsigned driver working in the 64bit editions.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I used to have to turn it off in Vista x64 with bcdedit to install a soundblaster driver. I read somewhere that they've patched Vista to disable it completely now too. You used to be able to hit F8 at boot and temporarily turn it off also, haven't tried lately because I dumped that soundcard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I used to have to turn it off in Vista x64 with bcdedit to install a soundblaster driver. I read somewhere that they've patched Vista to disable it completely now too. You used to be able to hit F8 at boot and temporarily turn it off also, haven't tried lately because I dumped that soundcard.

Yes, temporary - and you get what you ask for, non-certified drivers and any related problems. You should'nt use this method and then report problems for software. This is not supported.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning