Report HOTAS Warthog problems

As in topic. So we can keep everything in one thread. Only use this thread if you actually have problem with your TW. If you want to chit chat. Keep it in a separate thread. Thank you.

*Now im just waiting for my hoggy to arrive. Probably on Tuesday :)*

Q: Slew hat is way too sensitive!

A:

Originally Posted by dimebug

go in the DCS Option Menu, select controls tab,

select axis command categorie.

In the collumn Throttle Hotas Warthog, select by simple click axe X then click on the button Axis Tune. Here you have access to the Y saturation parameter, set it to 11.

Once done do the same for Y axis

Q: Can i use my TW without T.A.R.G.E.T. software?

A: Yes, both DCS: Black Shark and DCS: A-10C is plug and play.

Q: T.A.R.G.E.T RC 22 10 will not run in Win7 64-bit?

A: Carry out the following workaround:

Go to regional settings and set the language to English-US. (For Win7, in control panel->region and language, set the location to United States and the keyboard default input language to English-US, in the Keyboard and languages tab->Change Keyboard... ). Then make sure that when you start the program, in the language bar EN is selected.

Provided by CrashEd

If/when this thread grow beyond 2 pages, i will update this post will all Q&A's.

Edited by Dejjvid
  • Like 1

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Q: T.A.R.G.E.T RC 22 10 will not run in Win7 64-bit?

A: Carry out the following workaround:

Go to regional settings and set the language to English-US. (For Win7, in control panel->region and language, set the location to United States and the keyboard default input language to English-US, in the Keyboard and languages tab->Change Keyboard... ). Then make sure that when you start the program, in the language bar EN is selected.
  • Like 1

Q: Why I'm not able to assigne the axis of the throttles in DCS?

A: You have to remove the little cover between the throttles and change the direction of the little afterburner detent.

Then you are able to use 100% of the axis and assigne it in DCS.

Once you have set the afterburner detent to it's default position you have to edit the axis in DCS by click to [AXIS TUNE].

Else you will not be able to use 100% throttle power.

Q: Is T.A.R.G.E.T able to detect the running DCS to load the device configuration in the background?

A: NO! You have to start T.A.R.G.E.T and execute the configuration script. The script have to run while you play DCS.

Q: Why the LEDs of the Throttle are still shining once I should down my computer?

A: This is the 5V stand by power of the USB port. To should it off you have 4 options:

- Run BIOS, switch to the energy options menu and find something like "USB on wake" and disable it.

- Buy a multiple socket with ON/OFF switch.

- Press the Power switch of the computers power supply on the back side.

- Throw a towle over the Throttle so you can't see the lights. :P

PS: For the first Q-A (Slew) please try following settings:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60263

Edited by =STP= Dragon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an odd problem - my joystick is reporting buttons from the throttle, and the throttle is reporting buttons as the joystick . . . so as I push the TMS or DMS hats on the stick, I get things like the boat switch on the throttle being reported. I have tried unplugging/plugging, only having one side plugged in and loading A-10, loading various Warthog config files, and resetting to defaults. No matter what I do, the controllers are swapped.

** OK I figured this out, I went in and 'Cleared Category' for each stick, and then loaded the default config file for the throttle and the joystick and they went back to normal . . .

Edited by dunadan

• 2 weeks later...

Throttle is not reconised in windows "Unknown USB device" :mad:

Been working fine for a couple of weeks except with the PC off all the lights on the throttle were on constantly but turning the power off solved that.

Now though no lights nothing.

When it's plugged into the USB the 5 LEDs flash once then go out and windows doesn't reconise it.

Called TM they got me to hard boot it by holding down the Engage/Disengage and the Silence buttons then plug the USB in wait 2 seconds then release the buttons but this made no difference nor did trying it on another PC.

Solution from them.....

Send it back to them in France and they'll replace it!

Now I'm a little skeptical surely I need to send it to the place I bought it from in the UK?

Q: I have loaded right TARGET profile and my controls are messed up in game.

A: Make sure that you load TARGET profile when nothing is using your HOTAS. If you don't do that (i.e. if you load profile when some game or other software like TS3 is running and is bound to some buttons or axis), TARGET will fail in hiding controllers included in virtual device and game will get confused.

Q: I have created my profile via GUI, but I needed advanced functionality, so I edited the script. It worked, but now it doesn't.

A: If you open the profile (not the script) in GUI, TARGET regenerates the script every time the profile is saved or launched, and your custom additions "by hand" do not survive.

Q: I am using only part of the buttons for Game-X (where X is not DCS :) ), so my profile is thin, however some buttons, whose I haven't assigned, sometimes have effect in game.

A: Controller reports every button as DirectX button. By creating a profile, you can assign different DX button numbers or key presses to each button; when you do that, unassigned buttons may get DX numbers shuffled, shifted or doubled. To be safe, assign special "null" action to unused buttons.

Edited by ZaltysZ

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

• 1 month later...

hey Grahams, I have the same problem. Worked great untill all of a sudden, hardware not recognized and then I notice no lights. I called TM and they revealed there have been problems with ASUS motherboards and the throttles. Fortunately I have owned them for only 3 weeks, I believe Walmart will replace them however, I am concerned about it happening again?

Note: I have a MSI MB

Hey Spuds; Let me summarize as I've been keeping a close eye on these threads since buying my Warthog. I noticed some people having the same problem (the throttle showing up as 'unknown device' after a (re)boot) reoccur on their replacement throttles as well. It seems there is a problem with certain chipsets on Intel-based motherboards in combination with the Warthog, but details are quite sketchy. There is some evidence of Thrustmaster currently working on an updated firmware to resolve these problems, but nothing official yet.

We got an Unicorn!!!! Jokes apaert problem ain t intel we got an AMD brick, and while surfing on the net in the middle of nowhere.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Thanks sndwv! I am aware of Intels problem, I own a AMD MSI motherboard 870A-G54, AMD processor 1055T oveclocked from 2.8 to 3.5 with no changes in voltage settings due to motherboard using an automatic voltage range? , and I have an ATI Radeon 5850 Card. It worked fine for 3 weeks and for no reason I got a message while surfin the web "unrecognized device" and then I noticed the lights were not on. It seems to me the unit does require the new Firmware to fix this problem. I have been trying to deal with customer support, as usual they have sent me download links that send me to a blank screen, then they followed up with a second email not providing the link of the FSR software needed to send them the data on the Hotas, blank screen again. Now they dont answer the US customer support phone line that is suppost to be open Mon-Fri after 9 am eastern time.

Heres what these guys keep doing to me!!!

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your request. In order to resolve the issue you have encountered with your , please refer to our response herewith:

For the FSR, you need on your computer a WinRAR or WinZip software in order to unzip the file.

We are looking forward to your answer.

We hope that the information we have provided is useful and has helped to resolve your query. Have a good day and please remember that Hercules Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us via the Web at the following addresses:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Kind regards,

Your Hercules Technical Support Agent, Ana

PS: To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please be sure to include the reference number [] of your file in the subject line of any emails you may send us later on.

Your message:

Please undestand, I already have the latest 2010 TMHW1.exe file. I however, do not and cannot open your link to get the "FSR" software. Your link sends me to a blank page! I am unable to send you the data you require, and I am taking the product back to where I bought it. It's appearent on the forums there are a lot of other people with the same problem. We also know that you have a new fimware "20" when everybody else can only get firmware "18". I believe this issue will be resolved at a later time, I am not willing to have it keep happening everytime I replace your product. I am currently covered under the 90 day purchase aggreement, I would like to know why it is happening so I can prevent it again?

Here are my specs:

Windows: 7 Home Premium

Motherboard: MSI 870A-G54 AM3 DDR3 Moboc BIOS version 17.7

System Model: MS-7599

CPU AMD Phenom II X6 2.8Gh AM3

RAM 8 GB DDR3

Graphics Card: AMD ATI Radeon HD 5850 version 6.1.7600

----- Original Message -----

To: ""

Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:32:43 AM

Subject: Re: Re: Customer care request From []

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Reference: []

Dear Mr. Thank you for your request. In order to resolve the issue you have encountered with your , please refer to our response herewith:

We begin by thanking you for your interest in Thrustmaster products.

The main cause of this issue might be a corrupted firmware. In order to see if this is the issue, we would need you to follow a few steps:

1. download the latest driver package, without installing it, from here:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/HotasWT/2010_TMHW_1.exe

Please don't install the driver at this moment.

2. download the FSR program from here:

ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/hotas/exe/HOTAS_Warthog/TMHW_FSR.zip

3. open the Warthog_Fimrware_procedure_v1 11.pdf procedure and follow the instructions;

4. send us the resulted firmware file.

We hope that the information we have provided is useful and has helped to resolve your query. Have a good day and please remember that Hercules Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us via the Web at the following addresses:

Kind regards,

PS: To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please be sure to include the reference number [] of your file in the subject line of any emails you may send us later on. ______________________________________________________

Your message:

Note: The links you have provided, do not allow me to those sites. I keep getting blank screens! Can you please email me FlashSpaceReader file...thank you!

----- Original Message -----

To: ". Customer"

Sent: Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:33:59 PM

Subject: Re: Customer care request []

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Reference: []

Dear . Customer, Thank you for your request. In order to resolve the issue you have encountered with your , please refer to our response herewith:

In order to correctly assess and solve the problem please follow these steps:

1. download the latest driver package WITHOUT installing it:

ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/hotas/exe/HOTAS_Warthog/2010_TMHW_1.exe

2. download the FSR program WITHOUT installing it:

ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/hotas/exe/HOTAS_Warthog/TMHW_FSR.zip

3. open the Warthog_Fimrware_procedure_v1 11.pdf procedure and follow the instructions;

4. send us the resulted firmware file (very important for future improvement and development).

Kind regards,

PS: To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please be sure to include the reference number [] of your file in the subject line of any emails you may send us later on. ______________________________________________________

Your message:

Well, it's all speculation at this point, but if the Throttle can apparently be 'confused' in such a way that the firmware gets corrupted I can imagine this could be caused by multiple factors, a start-up sequence of a certain USB-controller being just one one of them. In my view this is something only Thrustmaster can identify and fix at this moment- all we can do is provide them with as much information as possible. I just wish they were a *lot* more communicative about this.

so as plug and pkay whit warthog, my trim hat is for looking, how do i set the trim hat to trim, whitout loosing the plug and play function of resr of the buttons?

go into the game gui options screen find the trim settings and remap to the hat by clearing and adding.

Action After Contemplation

go into the game gui options screen find the trim settings and remap to the hat by clearing and adding.

If I map the trim in DCS A-10C options->controls, it messes up everything, left throttle becomes rudder o.O and rest of the buttons not working either, only some work, like release weapon, theres only 1stage trigger after that and so on...

Heres what these guys keep doing to me!!!

The link works for me. But I've attached it for you here. Best of luck!

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

just installed a-10c warthog. I understood that it was simply plug and play, but when I look into options menu I see no reference to any switch settings. Do I need to do something? Looks o.k. in device manager and loaded into devices.

Thanks for any help....rogueone

CPU AMD FX 8350 * core @ 4.3 GHZ/Font

MOBO ASUSSabertooth 990FX R2.0/Font

RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengence 1600/Font

Graphics 6970 & 6950 xfire

HD 750GB @ 7200 RPM

SSD HD Intel x-25 160GB

SSD HD 2 240 GB

Win 7 Pro

Controllers Warthog & Saitec Rudder

Track IR5 3 monitors 27" LCD and 2 10" VGA

you need to load the profiles through the profile tab in the options gui. highlight something in the stick column go to load profile and it should be good to go, same for throttle. you will have to map trim to the trim buttons as it stays as a view switch.

GL

Action After Contemplation

Target isnt user friendly, at least not much. I ve seen better ordered programs.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

thanks for help but still confused... first a high lite command in joystick col, then I select load profiles, system pulls up a lot of files ...which one is the correct one?

Thans again for the help.

CPU AMD FX 8350 * core @ 4.3 GHZ/Font

MOBO ASUSSabertooth 990FX R2.0/Font

RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengence 1600/Font

Graphics 6970 & 6950 xfire

HD 750GB @ 7200 RPM

SSD HD Intel x-25 160GB

SSD HD 2 240 GB

Win 7 Pro

Controllers Warthog & Saitec Rudder

Track IR5 3 monitors 27" LCD and 2 10" VGA