Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

I don't remember it clearly now, but i believe it worked on DCS: Black Shark, but can't remember how :)

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

is it somehow possible to show the loading screen picture (when starting the mission) centered only on the center monitor? i'm using a 2-screen setup. And the loading screen spreads over both monitors wich looks weird.

no it is not but you can change the positions of the buttons so you can accsesss them.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=902781#post902781

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I dont know where, but I bet that there is place somewhere to chanfe that, im this sim you have to search high and low for days to find what you want, but so far there has always been a way for me.

You add

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

to the bottom of your LUA file. It was mentioned in the OP but seems to have fallen off during an edit.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

You add

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

to the bottom of your LUA file. It was mentioned in the OP but seems to have fallen off during an edit.

Had a look in my LUA file and this line isn't missing, it's already there :huh:

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Well, we are more or less stuck at same boat now: trying to run 4 monitors... I just gave up by now until I upgrade my VGA...

Based on what I've read in this forum, if your CPU is overclocked to 4.0 I don't think you will gain much by switching it, unless you bought a i7 Extreme with more L3 Cache and overclock it to >5Ghz. I cann't give you any further advice in case of VGA... maybe when I buy my GTX580 3GBI can tell then if more ram in the vga does help to improve FPS :D

By now I just have a 32" HDTV 720p @1366x768 paired with a 17" 1280x720. I'm just exporting MFCD, although looking forward to give Hellios a try

Regards

Hello Mate,

Just thought I would update you following a "little" upgrade :)

I have just gone for the ATI 6950 2 gig card ( with FLEX ) and a SSD for Operating system and A10, so am now running.... "Deep Breath"...

3x24" monitors under eyefininty at a res of 5040x1050

1x23" Acer touchscreen underneath for my instruments @ 1920x1080

The touchscreen is setup with HELIOS and I have now exported the MFD's plus CMSP,CMSC,RWR,UHF controls and Digital Clock. This is using Easy Monitor Cofigurator.

HELIOS Im running with Lozs panel.

and heres the good bit... FPS 40 to 60 while running the training missions... YES!!!!!

Boy am I a happy camper, though did takes ages faffing about but it was definetly worth it, oh yes!!!!

If anyone is in any doubt, the talent behind those 3 bits of software should be knighted especially HELIOS, absolutely brilliant. I thank you all for writing these and taking the time to share them to the community. Because without them and of course the many others that help this community, I would still be staring at my monitor wishing for a miracle to get a multi monitor solution up and running.

Gadroc, Loz and IceMaker... :thumbup:Gentlemen, I salute you!

With a special mentioned in dispatches to Madtommy for compiling this guide!!!

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

If anyone is in any doubt, the talent behind those 3 bits of software should be knighted especially HELIOS, absolutely brilliant. I thank you all for writing these and taking the time to share them to the community. Because without them and of course the many others that help this community, I would still be staring at my monitor wishing for a miracle to get a multi monitor solution up and running.

Gadroc, Loz and IceMaker... :thumbup:Gentlemen, I salute you!

With a special mentioned in dispatches to Madtommy for compiling this guide!!!

Just a friendly reminder to all....both Helios and EMC are Donationware. Please donate to the Devs if you are using this wonderful software. Hopefully this will keep them interested in continuing improving their indispenable software.

I have donated to both...have you??

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Just a friendly reminder to all....both Helios and EMC are Donationware. Please donate to the Devs if you are using this wonderful software. Hopefully this will keep them interested in continuing improving their indispenable software.

I have donated to both...have you??

http://www.scsimulations.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=81&page=2

Rat by name...not by nature mate. :smilewink:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

@RatCatcher. Well done so glad to hear that you have it up and running, i was pretty sure the extra graphics memory would help, and then performance boost of that gpu, wow beautiful. Again congrats it really is worth the effort to get experience you like.

http://www.scsimulations.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=81&page=2

Rat by name...not by nature mate. :smilewink:

Was'nt trying to single you out....my first line says "to all"

Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

@RatCatcher. Well done so glad to hear that you have it up and running, i was pretty sure the extra graphics memory would help, and then performance boost of that gpu, wow beautiful. Again congrats it really is worth the effort to get experience you like.

Thanks Congo, you can be my official technical advisor if you like? Your observations were spot on!

Cheers buddy! :thumbup:

Air dog, thx mate, pm sent.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Gday all,

I have a little issue.. I have exported the MFCDs to another screen and they work without issue, I have put the cougar MFDs over the top of them. My setup is:

P67A-UD5-B3 i7-2600K, 16gb DDR3@1600Mhx kingston , 2x GTX 580 (3gb ea.) in SLI, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, HOTAS warthog, track IR5, Saitek pro pedals, 1x 24in main screen and 1x 19in secondary screen with mfcds exported there.

I am having issues finding to correct settings as I am only getting 30 FPS MAX! and 15 FPS min..these results are in the various training missions... I have downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia drivers 280.26..........arrrrr.

:helpsmilie:

I appreciate your help

Cheers :)

Are you running in Windows Mode ie: NOT full screen?

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

OK I'm not using Nvidea myself but with the AMD GPU, in windows mode, the Crossfire is not used, so I would try to disable the SLI to see if that makes a difference.

Maybe someone with Nvidea SLI can help, but it wouldn't hurt to try it like that.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

Thanks Loz, I have run the game with only one card, and I am getting solid 50-60PFS with everything maxed out with the same setup.. However with SLI enabled it just kills it for some reason.. I have both screens in primary card, secondary card has nothing connected to it...

So if I disable SLI, with the game only recognise 1 card?

Thanks again

Yup but that's how all of us who export out of the sim for MFCDs etc have to run our setups.

Until something is changed radically then in this sim at least the SLI/Crossfire is wasted.

Damn... that is poo flavoured. ED need to pull their finger out and sort this issue out.

if you're getting solid 50-60fps with everything maxed out, there is no "issue". never heard people complaining about other games not using the cpu to full potential, so how is this different? :smilewink: and this way it costs less to run the game well :P

can the sli options be tuned in the way that it goes off when specific app is launched?

Edited by PureEvil

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

well when you spend over $500 for a graphics card you kinda want to use it..

I have SLI working just with the MFCD export off.. so Its just one screen at moment. and getting 60+FPS.. so its ok now.

:smilewink:

Hi All, This sim uses a quite old graphics engine and it does not support any multi GPU setup, even if you have dual gpu gfx card it will only use one gpu to do all the rendering. That is just the way this sim is.

It is a huge and I mean huge task to change the graphics engine in the sim to make use of multi GPU. Multi GPU configs like SLi and Crossfire are more designed for high graphics intensive games, this is not a game, and the graphic rendering requirement is very different.

I have found if you want to get the best grpahics performance on any DCS sim, then what you need is the fastest possibel single GPU, and if you are rendering large resolution like I have 5x24"moniotrs then you need to have a lot of graphics memory on the single GPU.

snip....... it does not support any multi GPU setup, even if you have dual gpu gfx card it will only use one gpu to do all the rendering........snip

Absolutely untrue!!

It does support Crossfire and SLI, just very badly.

In fullscreen a simple check will show you that they work but the frame rate is much worse than with a single GPU and only utilises approx 60% of each GPU.

My experience is with an AMD HD 6970 others may vary.

Hi

I'm having some problems configurating my 2 monitors set.

1 - 1920 x 1080

2 - 1680 x 1050

Attached is my file.

Inside the game, I unchecked full screen box, filled 3600 x 1080 in resolution box (1920 + 1680),and I got automatically a ratio of 3,3333333.

Do I have to use this same ratio inside the monitor file? Or like I did, use 1920/1080 = 1,7777777778?

What I got from this configuration was that my camera view was squeezed in the vertical (horizontal was fine), and the second monitor showed me the 2 MFCD in a normal way.

What did I wrong?

TELO.lua

there is a little mistake in your file. You wrote the ratio like that 1,777777 you have to write it that way -> 1.77 (with a point)

and if the description in your file is true, then there is another mistake. It says "CAMERA" on the main monitor and MFCD's on the LEFT Monitor. That's wrong. You have to set the second monitor as the RIGHT monitor in the system or grafics card settings. Physicaly it can be where you want it to be, but in settings it MUST be on the right side of the main screen.

Hope it helps

Thx. You're a genius! My next steps are Hawg and Helios. But this is matter for another post, right?

i'm not genius (sometimes i'm realy dumb :D ), i just help people if i can ;)