Disabling Auto Next Steerpoint/Waypoint

Thomasew

Hi, ..

Would someone please be so kind to tell me, what it is I have to rip outta the cockpit, to stop the Steerpoint from automatically updating to the next Waypoint. I'm finding it quite frustrating that it is now doing this, since Beta 2.

I much prefer to manually select the next Steerpoint, as it was in Beta 1.

To me, logically, it doesn't make sense to automatically select the next Waypoint as the new Steerpoint, as you fly over the current Steerpoint. Now, if the A-10C had a route-following Auto-pilot, that would be a different matter. It doesn't, so why the need to automatically select the next Steerpoint/Waypoint.

Here's the scene: You're flying towards a Steerpoint/Waypoint, and enroute you set SPI to the Steerpoint. As you get closer, you are moving the TGP, and SPI to select targets around the Waypoint/Steerpoint. As you fly over the Target area/Steerpoint, you may want to set SPI back to the Steerpoint, to go back and look for more Targets. In Beta 1, .. no problem.

However, in Beta 2, as you fly over the current Steerpoint, it automatically selects the next Waypoint as the new Steerpoint. If you now set SPI to Steerpoint, not only are you looking in the wrong direction, you're also flying off in the wrong direction. :huh:

This is especially nasty when flying Missions with lots of Waypoints all close together. Once you realise your SPI is looking at the next Waypoint, and not the current one, you have to find the right SOI, or switch etc., to switch it back to the previous Waypoint. :joystick:

So, if anyone knows how I can disable the Auto selecting of the next Waypoint as the new Steerpoint, I would be most appreciative. :helpsmilie:

Thanks

Cheers .. :)

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

just click the FPM button under the CDU screen on the right console, then should the first line read "01 Auto MSN" ... then click the arrow left to it and it changes to Man. :)

• Like 2

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic62339_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom II x4 965 | Gainward GTX 570 Phantom 1280MB | 8GB DDR3-RAM | Win7 64bit | TM Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

Ah Nickhawk, .. thank you. Simple really. :thumbup:

I actually did read up on the FPMenu some time ago, and FP sequencing mode. In Beta 1, and as per the A-10 manual, if defaults to Manual Mode.

I wonder if the Beta 2 change to 'default' being Automatic Mode is permanent, as, if so, DCS will need to make the appropriate change to the A-10 Manual.

Personally, I would prefer the default to be Manual, as per Beta 1, and the A-10 documentation.

Thanks again .. :)

Cheers .. :thumbup:

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Lol... Thomasew... looks like we had the same prob, just coming to it from different angles. Guess it would be nice to have a little more discussion on this in the manual.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60929

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

• 8 months later...

This just answered my question, thanks. I was pulling my hair out!

Edit: Just noticed how old this is, sorry :poster_oops:

i7 3770k @ 4.3GHz | Corsair H100i | 2 Way SLi GTX670 @ 5760*1200 | 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance | Asus P8Z77V Pro | Corsair TX750 PSU | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | Asus Xonar DX | Windows 7 64 | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek combat Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 6 years later...