Speech recognition and 1.1?

Hi,

I was just wondering if this was possible, i noticed one of the tutorials, posibly shepski, can't remember, was saying radio commands and they were coming up on the screen, was he using a mic and voice recognition or does he just like talking like that?

If he was using voice recognition, i would love to know how did he do it?

Cheers

You can use voice recognition to convert spoken words to keyboard commands. There's a program - VAC - that you can use for this. You can find the program here : http://www.dwvac.com/. I played around with it a bit, but I'm not really using it. My girlfriend doesn't like me saying "Cover me" to the computer ;-).

It really adds to the immersion, but sometimes it's hard to pronounce the commands clearly when you're being shot at...

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, Radeon RX 6800, HP Reverb, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Thrustmaster MFD's

lol - I know what u mean about talking to your computer - My better half allways takes the pi$$ out of me with my TIR3 hat on and headphones with mic asking the tower permission to taxi to runway.

I use the shoot software - its really good and easy to set up

http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

I'm still using the old reliable Game Commander 2 software with no problems.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

lol - I know what u mean about talking to your computer - My better half allways takes the pi$$ out of me with my TIR3 hat on and headphones with mic asking the tower permission to taxi to runway.

I use the shoot software - its really good and easy to set up

http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

Can u upload your shoot profile as I have no clue how to make one for FC?

Kenan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Man... this i realy cool. :)

To "crate" a profile you only have to open the default ones with notepad,

and customize it to your wishes.

Its at mutch simple as the cougar programming. :rolleyes:

Greetings,

OxKing from Germany

oxsig.jpg

I posted a very full profile for Flaming Cliffs on the VAC site (http://www.dwvac.com) which is fully documented (although I've added bits since) and it has commands for practically everything you could want (and you can change them as you please). I should say that it was a modification of a very comprehensive profile that POLECAT had submitted for LOMAC 1.02. I altered key allocations, extended the commands and added commands specific to Flaming Cliffs along with some documentation. So, I'd like to thank Polecat and also Ron (SHIFT-E) who wrote VAC and was really helpful to me. The program itself, which is shareware, seems to get a new improvement every few days and you can now even get the computer to respond to your commands. If I get round to it, I may produce a new "lite" edition which has radio commands (thanks again Polecat) and a really simple set of commands for people who have a full HOTAS & TracKIR set up but still want to use the odd voice command. Ron's program is really easy to use and it's even easier to edit other people's profiles. So, if anyone uses my profile and improves on it, I would be really grateful. If you find it totally rubbish, it would also be useful to know, but in installments! Incidentally, If you wanted to make yourself "immortal" for a while, you could get the computer to respond really stupidly. You could make the program respond like Marvin the paranoid android, or the "doors" in Hitchhikers! This is my first ever posting to any sort of forum, so I hope I've done it right and haven't offended any one. Chhers. Martin

• 1 year later...

Has anyone used the old MS Sidewinder Game Voice with LOMAC? I can't seem to get LOMAC to recognize the commands. The Game Voice device works because I can hear it repeat my commands as I'm flying but LOMAC doesn't seem to respond. Any ideas besides the obvious "get rid of Game Voice"? :)

Sorry, I can't help you to get the 'MS Sidewinder Game Voice' work properly but I use a program called 'Flight Assistant 2.1' manly for FS9 (for great jets) but also for LockOn.

It's freeware and it works very well for me, maybe you give it a try.

'Flight Assistant is a program that provides a virtual co-pilot for flight simulation enthusiasts. You can give commands using a microphone which the co-pilot executes then. The program works in combination with every flight simulation. Requires MS Speech SDK 5.1 (SAPI). By Timm Linder.'

Download:

Flight Assistant 2.1

MS Speech SDK 5.1

I'm still using the old reliable Game Commander 2 software with no problems.

Ive used GC since version one came out, and have found it great for all except Operation flashpoint, where i kept getting incorrect commands being intrepreted. I recently updated my system, and found that GC2 gives me a 'blue screen error' when i try to run GC2 in test mode.

So ive bit the bullet, and installed Shoot. Its much more complicated to setup but, it works like a charm, and no mistakes or wrong commands in OPF. Have not tried it in FC or F4, but im sure it will work just fine. Its easy to edit the profiles with any old text editor, as they are stored as xml files. And theres a nice HTML output from them.

GC2 was super in its day, but time to move on.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]