TM:WH - slider thing, what use?

Hi All,

To those of you with a TM:WH...what do you use the "increase/decrease" grey lever on the throttle for? The one directly to the right of the throttle levers.

I can't think of a thing to assign it to. I'd like to assign it to change the gain on n/v goggles...but I need a working version of TARGET to do that.

Any idea what its mean to be for? Is it just something TM has added as a feature?

In anticipation of other WH users

Brewber.

Edited by brewber19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

@ KillALF: Thanks for clarifying.

@ Geskes: Dude, you must have thumbs like an orangutan for that to be comfortable! I zoom in and out alot, so I set the mic hat to be zoom in/out/reset and TIR centre, with the original mic functions set to a shifted function.

lol! I dont use it that much its not really comfortable no.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

I use it for absolute longitudinal head position in the cockpit. Useful for messing with the rear panels, IFR work etc.

Did you have to use TARGET for that or did you set it up through the DCS Control options? If so, how did you do it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Did you have to use TARGET for that or did you set it up through the DCS Control options? If so, how did you do it?

Only in DCS - left the WH in DX mode.

Gotta figure out the scripting one of these days so I can leave most buttons in DX mode and add some crucial modified buttons for things like TIR control. :)

Some nice ideas there guys, I like the variety of thinking.

I tried mapping it to absolute longitudinal head position, but in Beta3 when I first get in the pit it kinda zooms in, out and finally centres in an zoom position, then when I lean in/out with TIR or use the zoom function, the pit flickers like hell. In the end I gave up.

Mapping it to gear would be cool (if target worked).

Has anyone else also noticed that even though you might have selected the option for the game to sync with the button positions on the WH throttle...that the sim doesn't for things like flaps? This happens in every runway start custom mission.

Thanks for the responses guys, hope your enjoying your sticks as much as I am ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers