On Station

Grimes

Glad you guys are enjoying it. Threat details are at the bottom of post one. But basically all it does is make it so 6 patrols are moving at a given time instead of 3. Note all are still "alive". http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1037764&postcount=1 If you want to add in more threats to the mission you are more than welcome to.

Yes you can tweak the chances of certain task types being generated. Simply open the mission up in the triggers and look for "Select Mission1" through "Select Mission9". Its near the top just after "patrol..." Simply adjust the random value how you see fit. You can also disable the task type by making it random 0% chance. Each number corresponds with a different target type.

1. Convoys

2. Buildings

3. Sams

4. Vehicles

5. Suspicious Persons in buildings

6. Roadblocks

7. JTAC Targets

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ... I flew your mission the last two sundays .... everything fine so far ... BUT - I do not get the radiomenue to adjust the mission sesttings. Any hint on that ?

Or do you have any questions which help you - helping me ? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

The radio menu is created approx 10 seconds into the mission, the host/player MUST be spawned into an aircraft in order for the radio items to be visible. Unfortunately if the host aircraft needs to respawn at any time the radio menu won't reload. The SLMOD commands are one workaround as they match the functionality of the radio commands.

You can also change the default mission settings that are loaded at the start of the mission by changing 2 flag values. Open the mission and find the 3rd trigger, "Critical Mission Flags Set".

By default you should see "Flag On 9991" and "Flag On 9961" as part of the trigger actions. The list below shows what you can change the flags to. There MUST only be 1 flag from each grouping that can be turned on. Due to how its setup, if you want to set 9993 to be a default setting you must also set 9992 to be a default.

Task Frequency Options

9991 = Default Spawn Time and Player Requirements

9992 = Time between tasks is decreased

9993 = Player requirements for another task decreases

9994 = "Realism mode"

Threat Options

9961 = Default threats (3 moving random patrols + potential for random manpads certain targets

9962 = No extra threats (Patrols AI Off and manpads off)

9964 = 2x Threats (6 moving random patrols + manpad threat stays the same as default)

The nice thing is that changing the default settings won't mess up the radio menu if you still want to use it.

Hope that helps.

Can't you reload the F10 radio commands by using

SWITCHED CONDITION -> is host ALIVE -> ADD RADIO command

havent looked through your miz file but this is what I used in Lagavulin and it worked fine.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Hi there ...

As u explained above i changed the Flags to 9993 and 9964.

worked fine so far, until i got 2 error messages ingame.

see screens attached.

Error1 only occured once and error2 repeated every ... lets say... 2-5min or so

780150439_Error(1).thumb.jpg.6ecd4f824c8659cdfc47805f31e02e23.jpg

1507599921_Error(2).thumb.jpg.311304a20a17093820effa67c62106d9.jpg

1626438005_Error(3).thumb.jpg.d1770c8b93b88477b77e942a9fdb9fde.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

Those error messages are just general purpose errors that state the triggers on the message system have failed at some point in time. When did the errors occur? Did any tasks get activated at all?

Did you also set flag 9992 on?

If the problem keeps occurring, change it back to default settings to see if it still errors out on you.

@Druid, the mission doesn't specify which aircraft slot is the "host" as its designed to run on a server box and is enhanced by SLMOD. I say it enhances because it runs fine without slmod, it just uses it to for player based commands. The built in F10 commands were implemented for testing and if anyone did want to change a few settings when they hosted the mission.

the errors occured ... lets say ... approximately 2-3 hours after the start.

We had about 5-8 tasks, which all were accomplished. The bugged task was one with Jtac. (wether 30mhz or 42mhz)

to 9992: no, i just changed 9992 to 9993 (just the value)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Huhmm, I looked through the triggers and there is nothing that stands out for causing it to break on any given task. I did have an issue once where JTAC gave the completely wrong target even though it was assigned correctly, thus having the player attack a non-active target, but that was fixed by remaking the jtacs. I am thinking the issue was probably a random glitch that caused the triggers not to clear. If it keeps happening let me know, but unless it breaks at a specific time within the mission or with a specific task, there isn't much I can do to investigate/fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bug with one of the JTAC tasks that would pretty much break the message system, as a result I'm going to release a 7b version. While I'm at it I might fiddle with some of the trigger logic for mission settings. Basically I'm considering making the extra threats either on or off with the number of active moving patrols be based on the player count.

• Like 1

in your new patch, could you add a few Ka's into the mix?

While I have considering it and intended to do so at one point of development, in its current format it simply doesn't make sense. Graywolf alluded to the key issue of the size of the possible combat area is a big concern. Additionally the overall combat environment would be pretty rough for a Ka-50. Not that the threats are things it couldn't handle, just that most of the time I've gotten shot down/shot at was from the non-active tasks I've unknowingly passed near or overhead. Besides the sim seems to crash more often in MP when both DCS modules are being flown.

Perhaps sometime down the line once we find out what DCS: Next is and FC3 and P-51 are released I might make a mission like this that accounts for all of the different types of aircraft that could be flown in it, but for now On Station is A-10C only.

All of that said, you are more than welcome to add Ka-50s into the mission if you want to. If you fly it with any player in an A-10C slot the mission will work as it should. If you want to fly with just KA-50s it would take some modifications to triggers and mission goals... but its easily doable and I can walk ya through it.

I plan on doing a playtest within a day or two and then upload the updated version. But I've updated the 1st and 3rd posts of this thread with the relevant info.

Change log 7b:

-Added 6 more patrols

-Added 2 F-15C for added atmosphere (take off from Vaziani and will refuel at the tanker, so watch out)

-Added Feedback message for when the players are "On Station"

-Added Time between adding a new task check will automatically change based on the number of players in mission.

-Replaced the lower player requirements with a feature that will always spawn a task given 3 tasks are not currently active.

-Simplified the triggers dealing with setting mission defaults in the mission

-Simplified player counter.

-Fixed a bug with one JTAC mission

-Changed patrol assignment rules. By default the patrols will scale based on the number of clients in mission. Moving patrols can range from 2-10.

-Replaced "2x AO threats" with "Static Patrols" meaning the number of moving patrols is always set to 6

-Improved labeling of triggers for anyone who wants to dive into that mess.

Edited by Grimes

Version 7b uploaded to the ED file server just waiting for approval.

Changelog above is accurate, however there was one addition.

I added 4 more A-10C slots. By default they are disabled. To enable the slots just change each to skill level "client" and set their day start time to "31". These slots are active on the 3Sqn Server and are labeled "3Sqn" as they are assigned our squadron livery.

• Like 1

Me mates and I are really enjoying this mission.

But we get the Flag 23 message every time and then no more tasks will be given.

This happens mostly after an hour or after about 5 or 6 tasks.

Most of the time there are 3 to 6 clients connected which will connect and disconnect multiple times maybe that is a problem.

We use version 7b winter. Running it as a dedicated with slmod means admins is in spectatormode or in a plane on the ground. 3d render off in graphics.ini

On one occasion the F15 rammed the tanker as we were on the boom. :huh:

Edited by Abbath

You are welcome to my DCS A-10 server "Ugly Bastards".

Thanks for the info. That seems to be an issue other players are still having. I'm not 100% sure what could be causing it as I've tried to prevent that error from occurring as much as possible. I'm trying to figure out a decent "self correcting" trigger that would at least let the mission continue with tasks if that error were to occur.

As for the F-15, it might be an AI behavior bug related to multiplayer as I've seen 2 previous examples of AI doing something similar.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to get a version out so you guys can play with it in the DCS World Public Beta. The mission is a good test for multiplayer stability because it has a stupid amount of triggers in it and plenty of stuff going on. Post log files and tell us what happened in the Beta forums under the multiplayer section if any stability issues occur! If the mission itself breaks post it here so I can investigate.

For giggles I replaced the 4 extra A-10C with 4 Georgian Su-25Ts. Also there was abit of an object error, for whatever reason armed houses and roadblocks can't be used in a vehicle group, so I replaced those objects with bunkers for the time being. Aside from that the mission is basically a direct port of version 7 from WH 1.1.1.1.

I don't really recommend flying it with only Su-25Ts because it kind of requires entering in custom coordinates and the Frogfoot can't exactly do that. However I turned off the F10 view limiting you to just see the blue side, so that might help.

Have fun. :D

co20.On Station World Edition.miz

Edited by Grimes

• 2 weeks later...

I just played this in the dcs world version. Had a lot of fun in A-10 playing it so I figured Id give it a shot. Late at night by myself.

I was assigned the task to take out the SA-3 launchers and was given my tasking. As soon as the coordinates were given error message 1 popped up. About 5 mins or so after that the error 2 message came and then repeated for the entire mission. I killed everything at the site but there was nothing I could do to get any other messages to come up. Getupdate didnt work either.

Oh doh, of course getupdate isnt going to work. Narf, Im retarded.

Edited by WildFire
Short bus excellence..

Thanks for the info. I made a self correcting modification to the mission a little while back but I've yet to test it in World. Hopefully I'll find some time to test it soon.