Avenger fun

tflash

Wow, this game is sooooo good; I'm now practicing some JTAC coordinated missions against troops.

The whole idea is to get rid of a grouplet of insurgents with one short burst of the roaring Avenger cannon. Incredible how stable this platform is: wind or no wind, you just come in, put the pipper over the target, a short, dry burst and it is gone.

I wonder if IRL there is a smell to the cannon afterwards?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilots have described how the gunpowder gets in the cockpit. Apparently it's quite an experiencing setting off the gun for the first time. :)

This may sound a bit nerdy, but if I'm getting gunpowder --or particulate matter--from my Depleted Uranium rounds into my respiratory system... I'm thinking of suing my employer.

At the very least, I'm gonna gargle a bit before I go home to kiss my wife.

This issue never occurred to me until now...Isn't there a way to protect our pilots from this?

--Wags, get on it, will ya?

Cheers All,

Moosh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

The wives / girlfriends / prostitutes / afairees can tell when the pilot in question has shot the gun because of the smell of gunpowder, depleted uranium and dead tanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

This may sound a bit nerdy, but if I'm getting gunpowder --or particulate matter--from my Depleted Uranium rounds into my respiratory system... I'm thinking of suing my employer.

At the very least, I'm gonna gargle a bit before I go home to kiss my wife.

This issue never occurred to me until now...Isn't there a way to protect our pilots from this?

--Wags, get on it, will ya?

Cheers All,

Moosh

There's nothing to be afraid of. Remember that the DU is inside the projectile, surrounded by brass(?).