P239 SAS Gen2

StrongHarm

If anyone is looking for a concealed carry weapon, I wholly recommend the Sig Saur P239 SAS Gen2. I used a P226 during my military service and it was reliable and accurate. The P239 is easily concealable and has the same reliability and effectiveness. I chose the .40 and carry it in a shoulder holster or the small of my back. I spend as much time looking forward to the range now as I do my next A-10C flight.

P239SASG2-N-detail.jpg

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I chose the .40 and carry it in a shoulder holster or the small of my back.

Thanks for tip! I was looking for something practical for shopping. Currently I have to drag my Benelli Shotgun with me..

• Like 1
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Only in America, Germany and a whole bunch of other places could somebody casually make a post like that :dunno:

Germany?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

This is what I have Tarus 24/7 9mm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfatFG51YeD5gZp7mr6owZ90kChSeD-h1A6Y72uPDBPXmQKPVF

I use to have a Baby Eagle 45. that was a nice gun. I ended up selling it for no reason, might buy another one.

images%3Fq%3Dtaurus%2B24%2B7%2Bpro%2B9mm%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DXo7%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1474%26bih%3D790%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=560&vpy=421&dur=2952&hovh=200&hovw=252&tx=110&ty=220&oei=UFhMTbLaKpLCsAO2ztmJCg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I may have missed the irony of your "shotgun" comment. I took your post seriously.

Ahh.. Internet sucks when it comes to irony.

Back to Guns:

Culture differences..although I must say, when I was in the US, it didn't caught my attention.

Spoiler

When you live in a free society, a firearm is nothing more than a tool, and it's really not a big deal to carry. If you're trained to make bad situations go away, it's not only your right to carry, but really your responsibility. If just the bad guys have guns, people live in fear. I fear no man. If I feel my life is threatened or the life of an innocent is threatened I can justifiably put 2 in someones forehead. I do hope I never have to fire my pistol in anger as a civilian, but I'll be damned if I'll be left empty handed if the situation arises.

Don't mean to say it's no big deal on one hand, then sound all radical :megalol: . I do love my new pistol though. The tritium night sites are so bright I can't set it on my desk at night as it's so bright it diverts my attention. The weapon doesn't have a safety, but I can leave one chambered with no fear of accidental discharge. The polished feed ramp and DAK trigger system make it really pleasant to shoot. Sig makes a nice weapon.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I think firearms are rooted in America's history. I wouldn't associated immediately with a "free society". Each society has it's freedoms and taboos. If I were to live in the US, would I buy a gun? Tough question..I know the immediate thought is "yes", because all the people around you also carry weapons (at least you think) and having also a gun gives you a feeling of safety. But there are also counter-arguments.

Do you actually carry a handgun wherever you go?

Was there a situation where you actually had to take it out, or came close to use it?

• Like 2
Spoiler

Hi StrongHarm,

Hehehe...raising the gun issue in America is like waving a red flag while standing between two bulls. You're going to get charged from both directions!

Asparagins comment was spot on.

In Australia gun ownership is about 5% (occupational and sporting), but the issue is framed as a societal one rather than as a personal rights issue, and nobody really cares.

If you look at the worldwide pattern of private gun ownership, I doubt there is a strong correlation with freedom. Australia is almost identical to the U.S. in culture, wealth and political status and yet we are diametrically opposed on gun ownership. This points to the historical accident of the phrase "right to bear arms", rather than a intrinsic rights issue. Just think of the phrase "right to take heroine" and you can see what I mean.

Australia has traditionally had more political freedom than the U.S., and many Western European nations effectively have more free speech (just don't mention the war;)). Each nation is complex and unique.

In fact, forget everything I just said and re-read Asparagins post. he said it more succintly.

Viva la freedom! Hope you enjoy your new gun!

When you live in a free society....
I just couldn't let this one pass:lol:

EDIT: This might be a bit too political for these forums, and I know others will have strong views on this. Sorry if I have overstepped the mark. Over and OUT.

Edited by BiPod
  • Like 2

Sig makes a nice weapon.
Too bad they're overpriced (in my opinion). I spent less than $800 building my AR15, so I refuse to pay any more than $500 for a handgun.

Beyond the political issues of gun ownership, guns are just plain fun to shoot (if you're a safe and mature gun owner, that is).

Do you actually carry a handgun wherever you go?

Was there a situation where you actually had to take it out, or came close to use it?

I didn't mean to imply that I feel superior due to my country's freedoms.. or to disparage any other country's practices or rights. I've been all over the world and know that there are pros and cons about every society and country. I am proud to be an American and celebrate my liberty. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is what we're founded upon. "The right to do heroin" doesn't equate. Your "pursuit of happiness" can't infringe on another's. If you're doing heroin you become dangerous to society. You might say that if you carry a pistol you're dangerous to society. I have no criminal record, no psychological problems, and I passed tests that ensure that I understand when and how to properly use a firearm. There are people out there who would take the lives of those I love. People that didn't take the tests or go through the proper channels to exercise their right to bare arms. They're "The bad guys". I'm one of the "Good Guys". If one of the bad guys attempts to infringe upon my "Life, Liberty, or Pursuit of Happiness" I have the justification and means to end their life.

Yes, I carry my pistol wherever I go. In my life (as a civilian) I've stopped two rapes and one terrorist incident. The first rape I stopped I had to physically stop three men. I was only 17 but had been practicing KungFu since I was very young. I was lucky they weren't armed. The second time I shouted and they ran off so I just called the police. The terrorist incident I also stopped with a phone call. I've been shot at twice as a civilian and wasn't armed either time. I'm lucky I still have my life. I've been shot once and stabbed twice.. all during military service.

I've been to many places where people live in fear as they have no means to defend themselves. America isn't one of those places. Some people here take advantage of their freedoms and become criminals. Others exercise their freedom to protect themselves from those criminals.

I'm one of the good guys. Yes.. it's that simple.. it's that black and white.

Cheers. I just couldn't get past that first phrase:)

Deep down inside, you and I both know exactly who I would be shouting out to if I got into trouble;)

P.S. I don't know what a tritium night site is, but it sounds pretty cool.

StrongHarm, are you in range to shoot Peyoteros without killing BiPod?

I would be throwing myself in front of him. StrongHarm and I are not in agreement. I just don't want to take this any further. No ones opinions will be changed, and I respect StrongHarms rights. I was just noting the chasm in diffence of viewpoint on this issue, in otherwise similar nations.

A right is a right. That's the only argument StrongHarm needs.

BiPod.

Edited by BiPod

P.S. I don't know what a tritium night site is, but it sounds pretty cool.

It's a series of three lights on top of the weapon that serve as sights in low light conditions. Tritium is a very weakly radioactive material that glows. Google turns up examples. However, it is spelled "sight," not "site."

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

"I present my self with the rank of Colonel..."

:huh:

Anyone mind explaining to me what this means? Sorry if I'm slow, but the reference eludes me.

I didn't mean to imply that I feel superior due to my country's freedoms.. or to disparage any other country's practices or rights. I've been all over the world and know that there are pros and cons about every society and country.

Well, the right to carry a gun should be seen in it's right context (US that is). Like I said it is history rooted, and forged it's way though time in the US society. If you take it now as it is and implement it in another society, it won't work. That is why, comparison with other societies is difficult.

They're "The bad guys". I'm one of the "Good Guys". If one of the bad guys attempts to infringe upon my "Life, Liberty, or Pursuit of Happiness" I have the justification and means to end their life.

This is also the well known american clichee. With this I really can't agree, because "Good" and "Bad" are so relative, that they only find a meaning in the bible perhaps, or when you educate your child. Being "The Good" is also a perfect example of egocentrism. Take the world, define yourself as "good" and the rest, depending on similarities, will be also "good" or "not so good".

Yes sometimes it's easy to point "the-whatever-society-defines-as-bad", but those cases are rare.

Between The Good and The Bad, I will always be The Ugly!

Yes, I carry my pistol wherever I go. In my life (as a civilian) I've stopped two rapes and one terrorist incident. The first rape I stopped I had to physically stop three men. I was only 17 but had been practicing KungFu since I was very young. I was lucky they weren't armed. The second time I shouted and they ran off so I just called the police. The terrorist incident I also stopped with a phone call. I've been shot at twice as a civilian and wasn't armed either time. I'm lucky I still have my life. I've been shot once and stabbed twice.. all during military service.

Thanks for these examples, I was really curious, on how common is gun usage. I actually didn't expect so many examples. You really get the idea of US being a place were a lot of violence takes place from the TV, and when I went there, I was actually surprised to see otherwise. In fact, I never felt unsafe, without carrying guns or knifes. But this is really not a representative example, I haven't actually live in the US, and also you can easily say that I haven't been to the right places.

In your first 3 examples, you handled all situation well, without the help of the gun.

Anyways, I'm glad you are still alive.

• Like 2
Spoiler