f18 fc2 cockpit

peyvolt

Damn shame all this great work being done and can't use it. I know the time you must have spent on this and not able to add it to FC2 or any previous versions is disappointing to say the least. Hope ED is watching and now that A10 is nearly finished, maybe give some help to modders who do this kind of work for the community. I hope something is done to allow great additions such as this to have working in FC2.

Pete

Great !

So is it 3D (.lom) ?

or just edited/modified draw (.bmp) ?

here you have my own f-18 hornet cockpit:

all arguments are working now, those photos are old, only i have to know about HUD and MDF and i will finished

What do you mean "working" ? All Switches, Buttons, Rotaries, Handles, Pedals ? Just like "Cockpit-Ka-50.lom" ?

That will be really Fantastic !

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Looks an awful lot like the cockpit from FSX Acceleration. :disgust: You do know it's not legal for you to distribute... who knows, it may not even be legal to extract it from FSX to use in another simulator. Make sure you do your own work!

i have USED acceleration fsx, but the model is work by me, I Copied with photos from fsx acceleleration

i have USED acceleration fsx, but the model is work by me, I Copied with photos from fsx acceleleration

Hmm, be careful. Anyway this pit will not work in FC2 as you will have No mfd's no hud and gauge needles are going to be present as all of this is hard coded. Looks great but will not work.:music_whistling:

Hmm, be careful. Anyway this pit will not work in FC2 as you will have No mfd's no hud and gauge needles are going to be present as all of this is hard coded. Looks great but will not work.:music_whistling:

That's a little simplified... it appears to be available through CMD. If ED decides to throw us a bone in the form of CMD tools, it may be possible to use the Eagle displays.

That's a little simplified... it appears to be available through CMD. If ED decides to throw us a bone in the form of CMD tools, it may be possible to use the Eagle displays.

Yes, simplified but the point is, as of now cockpits such as these will not work without the co-operation of ED. We stand and wait. If you pay attention to some of the responses in threads here, we could be standing a long time. God knows I hope this is not true.:(

You're not a very good liar. :music_whistling:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Hi Blaze:

I see in your sig you have an 800watt PSU. I am thinking of going higher, I have 500 same company. Getting new gpu 460gtx cyclone 1gb gddr5. How high do you think I should go? Not as big a system as yours by the way. cpu is i7-930 right now at 2.8ghz. Sorry for thread hijack,:D

:music_whistling:, I have used the f-18 hornet texture from fsx acceleration, but the model (not all) is made by me, I caught some parts from acceleration, like hotas and the canopy and some parts, but, not all, why?When I exported only the accelation cockpit it was very complicated because all were opaced, but I reworked aprt of the cockpit to get good visibility with the parts;), Acceleration can´t say anything because of course I used parts of their cockpit, but I´m not going to sell this product!!!,It is free, and I have modificated the cockpit and they can´t say anything.:music_whistling:.I will finished the cockpit when ED gives to us good information about HUD and MDF.

But Anybody knows about .CMD format?

I see in your sig you have an 800watt PSU. I am thinking of going higher, I have 500 same company. Getting new gpu 460gtx cyclone 1gb gddr5. How high do you think I should go? Not as big a system as yours by the way. cpu is i7-930 right now at 2.8ghz. Sorry for thread hijack,:D

He has 800W because he has twin 5770's in crossfire which both require at least a 450W power supply in order to keep stable. 800 watts is a good amount of power for the system he is running so there is no reason to upgrade anytime soon unless he plans to upgrade to newer cards.

If you are only planning on running a single video card (460GTX) on an i7 system, I would recommend between 650 or 700 watts, just to keep on the safe side. If you are still unsure about the type of supply to get, you can check out Power Supply Usage Calculators

Edited by Viper101

:music_whistling:, I have used the f-18 hornet texture from fsx acceleration, but the model (not all) is made by me, I caught some parts from acceleration, like hotas and the canopy and some parts, but, not all, why?When I exported only the accelation cockpit it was very complicated because all were opaced, but I reworked aprt of the cockpit to get good visibility with the parts;), Acceleration can´t say anything because of course I used parts of their cockpit, but I´m not going to sell this product!!!,It is free, and I have modificated the cockpit and they can´t say anything.:music_whistling:.I will finished the cockpit when ED gives to us good information about HUD and MDF.

But Anybody knows about .CMD format?

No .CMD format, and no free distribution of converted payware FSX models. If it was freeware and you had express written permission from the original author it'd be a different story, but seeing as it's M$, I doubt it.

very beautiful cockpit!

even if the MFDs don't work, it's fun to fly around on an F18 with this cockpit.

This cockpit's already done! Boot up FSX: Acceleration, choose the Hornet, and voila! :P

He has 800W because he has twin 5770's in crossfire which both require at least a 450W power supply in order to keep stable. 800 watts is a good amount of power for the system he is running so there is no reason to upgrade anytime soon unless he plans to upgrade to newer cards.

If you are only planning on running a single video card (460GTX) on an i7 system, I would recommend between 650 or 700 watts, just to keep on the safe side. If you are still unsure about the type of supply to get, you can check out Power Supply Usage Calculators

Hi viper:

Thanks. I was assuming that you had to take into account all the PSU requirements that the system uses, not just the cards. Thanks for the link I will be checking that out. I have a chance to get an Antec 1000watt PSU at a really good price and that is what my case is.Might be overkill but the price is right.lol. I just thought Blaze with all his computer equipment might be a tad low on PSU but Blaze would know that one for sure anyway. Again thanks for the info and link, much appreciated.

Pete(rattler)

You have to keep in mind though that a bigger than needed PSU will have a very bad efficiency because of the suboptimal load.

Well according to the calculator that Viper gave the link for, Antec says I need at least a 700watt PSU. So I will be over by 300 and I don't know if you can get a 700watt as 800 or 850 would be next highest anyway. The calculations never took into account a monitor, although the power usage would be low anyway. Thanks for the info though, something I never thought would have to be considered. Appreciated.:thumbup:

rattler