Pls explain JTAC UTM data entry in CDU as though to a COMPLETE IDIOT, thanks!

Bahger

Plus when it works, you feel like a badass for transferring audio (without subtitles of course, like a badass) into targeting information. :D

I'm looking forward to putting some badass audio files from you in my next .miz!

Also if you're playing missions with 'scripted' targeting coordinates (i.e. just pre-recorded messages rather than the new JTAC robot, such as Smerch Hunt) there's no way to provide data messages, so you need to be able to enter the information yourself.

Which is I guess a roundabout and game-centric way of saying "not all JTACs/FACs have the ability to datalink you targeting information".

Thanks to all that contributed in this post... I had an eye opening tonight from Warriors first explanation.

managed to work "normal" coordinates, but never understood the ones from Jtac - and now suddenly understand the difference between L/L (Lat/Long) and UTM.

THANK YOU!

Thanks to all that contributed in this post... I had an eye opening tonight from Warriors first explanation.

managed to work "normal" coordinates, but never understood the ones from Jtac - and now suddenly understand the difference between L/L (Lat/Long) and UTM.

THANK YOU!

You are welcome!.....keep up the good work.

Hilariously enough, I have no idea how to make use of the red triangle datalink. It shows up for a few seconds, but then what? I hooked to it once (still not sure how hooking works) but found out later it disappears. What do I do with it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hilariously enough, I have no idea how to make use of the red triangle datalink. It shows up for a few seconds, but then what? I hooked to it once (still not sure how hooking works) but found out later it disappears. What do I do with it?

Your instincts were right, but let's first use our TMS LEFT SHORT to acknowledge the message received until we have a clear TAD.

With your TAD as SOI, move your cursor on to the red triangle.

Then press your TMS UP SHORT once to hook the triangle, and then TMS UP LONG to make the triangle your SPI (a white wedding cake symbol overlays the red triangle if you were successful in making it the SPI)

With the triangle now the SPI, let the JTAC know you will accept the tasking, by hitting the WILCO (OSB 19)

Now you can let your fellow wingmen/MP buddies know the new JTAC tasking by Broadcasting Your SPI. Press the DMS LEFT LONG, the SPI OFF will turn to SPI ON (OSB 6).

Now you can slew your TGP on your datalinked target by hitting the CHINA HAT FWD LONG, and prosecute your attack.

Good Hunting!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Make sure your STEER PT switch on your AAP Panel is set to FLT PLAN.

I was wondering if this step is strictly necessary, or if I can just keep the Steer Pt switch on "Mission" during the whole process. Tested a few times, and it seems to work out just fine.

Please accept my apologies in advance, as I know there are threads and YouTube vids aplenty on this subject. However, the vids are often too low-res for me to follow the button-presses and I just cannot find a step-by-step explanation in a thread that provides the relevant CDU settings in detail.

I'm not asking about making a new flight plan. I'd simply like to know how, step-by-step, including CDU page/mode settings, I can input the UTM coordinate given by JTAC and then make it show up as either a markpoint or a waypoint in the TAD (preferably a markpoint, as it is a ground ref), which I can make SPI and slave sensors to it.

Again, sorry to ask yet again but I'm tearing what's left of my hair out. If you are kind enough to provide an explanation, do not over-estimate my intelligence in this matter when doing so. Thank you!

Check my thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1271402#post1271402

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...

So...Do you have to enter the missing zero's or not? I to am being given utm cords that are hundreds of miles away (in shooting range mission) and what about all this changing your westing? I think we are all doing it correctly (people having trouble with cord entry) but we're not making the buggy cdu corrections.

Would be nice to just get some of the important things working correctly in this upcoming release. Who cares about the CBU animation if they don't kill anything?

The missing zero's thing is fixed in the upcoming patch. Also, CBUs kill things just fine. Make sure you're using them properly.

If by use them properly you mean dropping dual cbu/97 at 300 feet directly overhead of a tank and it still doesn't kill them then yep doing it properly, it's a known problems that in 1.0.0.9 cbu's are garbage. So the zero deal will be fixed in this upcoming patch? It just seems that for as much as these patches fix they break other things, frustrating.

If by use them properly you mean dropping dual cbu/97 at 300 feet directly overhead of a tank and it still doesn't kill them then yep doing it properly, it's a known problems that in 1.0.0.9 cbu's are garbage. So the zero deal will be fixed in this upcoming patch? It just seems that for as much as these patches fix they break other things, frustrating.

You can fix the zero thing now, if you'd like. See the MOD forum. It's pretty easy to do.

Here, just in case your frustration gets the best of you:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80526

Edited by Evil.Bonsai

• 4 years later...
I know this is very very old... But, in reverse way. How to read UTM from a known place in editor, for example? I Mean. I spawn a enemy unit and i want to send to pilot the UTM in later mission, how to?

If you go to the game options, MISC settings tab, there's a dropdown for Coordinate Display which allows you to set the format for coordinates shown in the in-game map and also in the mission editor. In the mission editor, the coordinates of your cursor are shown in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

You can set it to lat/long, lat/long with decimal minutes, or MGRS.

• 9 months later...