HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

It is indeed possible, through UDP, to send commands to the server which will trigger an action in the cockpit without any "key" binding.

That would be sooo cool. So basically anyone would be able to load up any panel and have it work without any set up. awesome!! You get so many requests on this forum, you must struggle to know what to work on next! We really appreciate how much hard work you are doing, thanks.:thumbsup:

______________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.4 Ghz | 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel | Ati HD4850 XFX | 22" Samsung TFT & NEC 17" touchscreen

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth mentioning that you should run HawgTouch in Administrator mode to prevent any keypress sending issues.

Of course, I run HawgTouch as administrator. The rest of your panel work fine, thank you!)

Problems only with the CDU.:(

* Win10 64 * Core i7 - 7700K * MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon * 32Gb RAM 2667MHz * GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 Gb * SSD 1TБ * * звуг: FIREFACE UFX * UAD-2 Quad * Steinberg UR22 mark2 * mic: NEUMANN U 87 Ai *

Thanks for the CDU!

but the key did not work "PGT", "DIMDRIT", "PLUSMINUS" and "pg"

In what may be the reason?

Confirmed on the rocker switches not working in the game although they get recognised in the controls option menu.

I played around a bit and i'm afraid this is a bug by DCS. The game doesn't do anything, even if i type in the keys i've set for those switches manually on the keyboard. Can anyone confirm this ?

I asked this question by developers in the Russian forum, waiting for their response!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uol42zyCLo

Edited by ЛёхаUWSS

* Win10 64 * Core i7 - 7700K * MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon * 32Gb RAM 2667MHz * GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 Gb * SSD 1TБ * * звуг: FIREFACE UFX * UAD-2 Quad * Steinberg UR22 mark2 * mic: NEUMANN U 87 Ai *

Can anyone tell me where to get the IDs for the <DataImportID> Tag ?

I have created a LASTE control panel and need to set up the switches for data import.

Also i have a problem with a 3 way switch. Its not sending the button for the middle position. Can anyone have a quick look and tell me what I am doing wrong pls:

<Button>
            <Name>APSelect</Name>
            <SwitchUp>\Images\LASTE\pressed\APSelect_UP.png</SwitchUp>
            <SwitchMiddle>\Images\LASTE\depressed\APSelect.png</SwitchMiddle>
            <SwitchDown>\Images\LASTE\pressed\APSelect_DOWN.png</SwitchDown>
            <Type>ThreeStateSwitch</Type>
            <ID>1</ID>
            <Y>16</Y>
            <X>572</X>
            <KeyCommandUp>{RALT}{LALT}1</KeyCommandUp>
            <KeyCommandMiddle>{RALT}{LALT}2</KeyCommandMiddle>
            <KeyCommandDown>{RALT}{LALT}3</KeyCommandDown>
       </Button>

In the first post there's a link to the supported events. I don't know if the laste options are supported yet.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

It is confirmed that the "middle" keystroke is not being sent on 3 state switches. This will be fixed in the next release :)

As far as I could tell, the LASTE doesn't need any Data Import Events since its 3 switches and 1 button.

If there are any events that might be needed let me know, I'll add them for next release as well.

Probably just the check for EAC arm. It wont arm if the the Nav system is not initialised, so I'm thinking there must be something to indicate that it has armed successfully as an event?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Ah good point, so you could use that as an DataImportID for the switch position then?

cw1.png

Very clever idea :)

cw1.png

I tried that, <DataImportID>CP_EAC</DataImportID> however had no effect.

Also the light on the caution panel is flashing when eac gets disarmed so propably not the best data source for the switch.

In general the option to get switch positions from DCS would be nice, if thats possible. Now switches get out of sync when you do something directly in the cockpit.

I have created the LASTE panel and also the electric panel:

attachment.php?attachmentid=50480&stc=1&d=1303304733

attachment.php?attachmentid=50479&stc=1&d=1303304733

They should be working, besides the three way switches of course.

I also corrected the graphics errors (yellow tool tips) in the cdu.

All three panels are attached to this post.

elec.png.a0def71f4e86901686159f0abc3f0ed4.png

laste.png.a46747bea039afa10f8ea0b24a55427d.png

Holy smokes! Great work on these panels!

The reason you didn't get any data back using the DataImportID is because only 2 types of controls are Data Export enabled:

The ClickButton and Gauges.

If you used 2 state switch it wouldn't of worked as they do not receive data.

Getting switch states from the sim is feasible and is planned to be supported in the near future.

As mentioned earlier, the middle switch command has been addressed for next version :)

I confirm that the three positional switches in the average positions do not work!(

As mentioned earlier, the middle switch command has been addressed for next version :)

Well done, looking forward to release!:thumbup:

MORE PANELS !

Made the AHCP and engine panels.

attachment.php?attachmentid=50495&stc=1&d=1303322438attachment.php?attachmentid=50496&stc=1&d=1303322438

Didn't have the chance to game-test them yet, but i think they should work.

the photo-realism of those panels are very nice.... i sort of prefer that to the generated stuff but resizing could be a problem
I made them from screenshots, so they look exactly like they look in the game, with minor adjustments.

Resizeing shouldn't be too much of a problem as the resolutions of the pics is quite high.

ahcp.png.4b24fa17a1b30c210911a23cb1deac4c.png

engine.png.982170650c7d230c54350d6ce3840250.png

Edited by tmahring
forgot something
  • Like 1

Holy smokes! +1!

This is beautiful! These panels are amazing! Keep'em coming! We'll eventually get the whole cockpit done :D

Thanks for all your hard work!

These will all go into the main post if once 1.5 is released if you don't mind :)

Edited by ClearDark

Sure, as long as you keep the software free, feel free to include my panels.

My plan is to make all the panels necessary for ramp start as soon as possible, however there are still a few features the software needs to accomplish that.

Sure, as long as you keep the software free, feel free to include my panels.

My plan is to make all the panels necessary for ramp start as soon as possible, however there are still a few features the software needs to accomplish that.

What kind of features are missing? Besides the switch states which I know of :)

Im going to make a list with what i need for the remaining panels, but for example rotary buttons. Not the kind you allready have but those you operate with the mousewheel in the game.

Also we need dataimport and a display method for all the digits on radios / tacan / ils...

Rotary encoders are planned but not known in which version yet :)

ILS & TACAN repeaters are already done. As I posted earlier these 2 are going to be released in 1.5 (which will be out today or tomorrow). Might finish the other radios aswell.

A list would be great!

Thanks!

OK, here is my wishlist for the software:

* Rotary selection knobs (360°, multiple turns - like freq selection in ILS panel)

* Rotary knobs with fixed angle (for example Yaw Trim on SAS panel)

* Change switch behaviour to same as ingame (left/right mousebutton for direction)

* DataImport for switch positions

* As long as there is no DataImport for switches a quick reset function is required to bring back all switches to their default position when the player dies.

* A way to render digits for VHF/UHF/ILS/TACAN without requireing to export these views in DCS.

I will continue on making the SAS, Fuel and AAP panels for now. If you could make the radios that would be great as I don't really know on where to get started with those.

I attached 2 photoshop files which contain the screenshots of the VHF FM/AM panels that i allready made. If you cycle through the layers you should see all possible switch positions and numbers. Maybe you can use them.