HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed the IP in the .config file to match the address of my desktop but then I got an error: "Error parsing profile! Check the profile XML for proper formatting. The called address is not valid in this context.". After that only the NMSP is showing and the control panel on the right side is not visible (I can't switch to the gauges etc.)

I doublechecked the spelling of the IP and everything is fine. The profile XML (1.3 Features.xml) wasn't altered by me.

I also did some packet sniffing on both machines and the server is sending data and the client is receiving data! Everything looks fine there... only the gauges aren't moving. I should mention, that the server is Win7 x64 and the client is Win7 x86. The HT versions are correct and the latest version of today.

I hope we can fix this issue together :)

Thanks

My setup

PC with DCS A-10C installed is 192.168.0.20 - lets call it master

Laptop without DCS A-10C is 192.168.0.54 - lets call it slave

On the master you modify the file Config\Export\Export\Export.lua - in my case localAddress = "192.168.0.54"

This will make the game send the info to 192.168.0.54

On the slave you modify HT13GPx86\HawgTouch.exe.config - in my case <add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="192.168.0.54"/>

This will make the HawgTouch on slave to *bind* aka listen on the 192.168.0.54 IP

Modify IP's, but do not change anything else. Adjust IP's to match your setup.

Run hawgtouch on slave, switch to gauges.

Run A10 on master, start the plane.

Prosper :D

• Like 1

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

After every change to the .config file I restarted the application.

The IP is the LAN address of my desktop, in this case 192.168.1.12

Thank you for the fast reply!

Try the supplied config in this post. You probably dropped quotes or something small :)

Try following Nu-NRG excellent writeup here! I will edit it and hang it all in the main post once we get remote machines running this setup stable!

Config.zip

Thank you Nu-NRG for the reply!

I did exactly the same as you did! But in my case as soon as I change the IP in the config file, I get that error described few posts earlier. If the IP remains the default one (127.0.0.1 - the localhost) it starts fine!

Edit:

Thank you for uploading the config file for me ClearDark, but it does not help :(

Its the exact replica of the file I got before. Same error message.

My setup

PC with DCS A-10C installed is 192.168.0.20 - lets call it master

Laptop without DCS A-10C is 192.168.0.54 - lets call it slave

On the master you modify the file Config\Export\Export\Export.lua - in my case localAddress = "192.168.0.54"

This will make the game send the info to 192.168.0.54

On the slave you modify HT13GPx86\HawgTouch.exe.config - in my case <add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="192.168.0.54"/>

This will make the HawgTouch on slave to *bind* aka listen on the 192.168.0.54 IP

Modify IP's, but do not change anything else. Adjust IP's to match your setup.

Run hawgtouch on slave, switch to gauges.

Run A10 on master, start the plane.

Prosper :D

Nu-NRG, good explanation! Just note that to make that works in the slave you have to put:

<add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="0.0.0.0"/> to listen to data coming from everywhere, or

<add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="192.168.0.20"/> to listen to data coming from the Master computer.

Tyrix - Assuming 192.168.1.12 is your laptop address, you should check your export.lua in the DCS A-10C\Config\Export folder in the Master computer has the following line:

localAddress = "192.168.1.12"

and in your laptop, to make sure there is no other problem involved, modify the HawgTouch.exe.config to show:

<add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="0.0.0.0"/>

Restart BOTH applications and check again.

Hope this helps.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm 100% sure its the correct IP. The packet sniffer on both machines are showing correct addresses and packets.

But let's give it a break. I dont want to get on your nerves ;)

Thank you for now!

You arent getting on my nerves :). Im throwing ideas in the air to try and find the issue :)

You are getting an exception on binding which means the socket cannot initialize on the IP address for some reason. Im going to get some more info on the subject n you try to think if there might be anything on your end that might cause this!

We can surely work it out

and in your laptop, to make sure there is no other problem involved, modify the HawgTouch.exe.config to show:

<add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="0.0.0.0"/>

Oh man!

That IP address fixed it! I just changed it from my desktop IP (192.168.1.12) to 0.0.0.0 and it started fine! I switched to the gauges and they are showing the correct values.

I dont have a clue why the exact IP wasnt working...

Thank you yargon, ClearDark and Nu-NRG!

Oh man!

That IP address fixed it! I just changed it from my desktop IP (192.168.1.12) to 0.0.0.0 and it started fine! I switched to the gauges and they are showing the correct values.

Thank you yargon!

Good!! :thumbup:

The issue comes from the fact that HT is using UDP. So the only valid IP addresses are 0.0.0.0 (ANY), or any host IP address (network addresses are not valid) ---> within the same network <---

So, your laptop is 192.168.1.12...which IP does server have? it must be something similar to 192.168.1.xxx, if not, then that's the issue.

:megalol:

Oh man!

Thank you yargon, ClearDark and Nu-NRG!

In my pre release testing, i tried 10.0.0.1 and it was bound successfully...Odd :o

Anyways! Glad you got it working. Thanks to all that are helping!!!

Ok so confirmed net version 4 is installed, when I use the features xml, I get the NMSP just fine but pressing the 1.3 gauges button brings only a blank grey square with the appropriate symbols top right. There dosnt appear to be any gauge image files in the zip when I extracted it into a folder after downloading ? Only the gauges dll in the main folder

Edit; ah reading some other posts, I think I need to wait till I get home, point the lappy at the main PC in the exe config and try it then. I cant enable the gauges on my lappy as A10 is not installed on it, and I cant tell it to look elsewhere as Im not on the network I intend to play on....See :-) answering my own questions here. Thanks for your patience C.D. I couldnt programme my way out of a shopping bag so hats off to you. That said if can be of any help in anyway, Id be glad to

Nick

Edited by nickmow

Ok so confirmed net version 4 is installed, when I use the features xml, I get the NMSP just fine but pressing the 1.3 gauges button brings only a blank grey square with the appropriate symbols top right. There dosnt appear to be any gauge image files in the zip when I extracted it into a folder after downloading ? Only the gauges dll in the main folder

Edit; ah reading some other posts, I think I need to wait till I get home, point the lappy at the main PC in the exe config and try it then. I cant enable the gauges on my lappy as A10 is not installed on it, and I cant tell it to look elsewhere as Im not on the network I intend to play on....See :-) answering my own questions here. Thanks for your patience C.D. I couldnt programme my way out of a shopping bag so hats off to you. That said if can be of any help in anyway, Id be glad to

Nick

The gauges are vector-drawn and are saved in binary format in the DLL. So you won't see any images :)

However, you should see the gauges on your screen (not functional but still drawn just like in the picture on the main post).

Can you confirm that when you run HawgTouch, the Gauge Pack status indication says "Loaded (1.x)"

Like in the picture below:

f2oidd.png

If you don't see that line then something else might be going on.

Nope says gauge pack NOT LOADED....??

That's your problem right there :)

Make sure that in the root folder of HawgTouch, there is a file called HawgTouch.GaugePack.dll

Run HawgTouch as Administrator and it should have all the permissions to load the pack. If the DLL is not at the same folder of the .EXE file the pack won't be loaded and the gauges won't be drawn.

If the file is in the folder but it's still not loading, Check your file permissions in that specific folder and see if there are sufficient permissions.

Damn hope this isnt getting tedious.

Installed as described. gauge dll is in same folder as exe. run as admin all permissions there except special permissions no gaugey :helpsmilie:

Windows vista home premium, with SP2 if thats any help, thanks for your patience CD

Damn hope this isnt getting tedious.

Installed as described. gauge dll is in same folder as exe. run as admin all permissions there except special permissions no gaugey :helpsmilie:

Windows vista home premium, with SP2 if thats any help, thanks for your patience CD

Hmmm...

Right click the DLL -> Properties and see if there is an Unlock option.

Also, I suggest trying to download both x86 and x64 versions and trying them on C:\HT64 and C:\HT86 independently just to minimize the error margin if we are dealing with a phantom bug or something :)

• Like 1

Good news, it was the right click,properties click unblock of the gauges dll that solved it. All gauges present and correct...now I can sleep, 5 hour drive tommorow to try it out. How am I going to sidestep the girlfriend though ??

:thumbup:

Thanks once again CD

update from Sobe

I have attached a picture of my monitor. You will note that a little part of the right side is blocked by the gray border of what appears to be the large black square that opens up when you hit the gauges button. I am using the 1.1 gauge pack with 1.3 and enabled. I still cannot move the gauges.

thanks

sobe

gaugesm.bmp

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have attached a picture of my monitor. You will note that a little part of the right side is blocked by the gray border of what appears to be the large black square that opens up when you hit the gauges button. I am using the 1.1 gauge pack with 1.3 and enabled. I still cannot move the gauges.

thanks

sobe

Did you modify any values in the XML?

Can you post the dimensions of the HT13GPx86\Images\GaugePanel.png?

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Hi Cleardark is it possible to have both gauges and ufc on the screen together. Sorry if its obvious but I have problems with the mental agility needed for this sort of thing :huh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Cleardark is it possible to have both gauges and ufc on the screen together. Sorry if its obvious but I have problems with the mental agility needed for this sort of thing :huh:

Of course it is possible.

You will have to copy the <Buttons> section from from the ShowcaseProfile UFC tab and paste it in the 1.3 Gauges tab in the 1.3 Features profile.

Take a look at how the XML is structures.

I'll create a quick profile shortly to demonstrate!

• Like 1

Thanks very much. I will have a go in the safe knowledge if I break anything I can just reinstal it:thumbup:

MEGAFAIL

Edited by Cibit
coz I'm stupid :p

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]