HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

Will do when I get home tonight. My day job interferes with the real purpose of computers.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warm feedback automag. Posts like these give me the biggest drive to continue bring you guys the best I can.

Plus, as a coder, I love seeing how so many people enjoy this piece of software which was conjured up in a month or so. It has really come a long way and there is plenty more to go :)

ClearDark - dude, you are incredible. You find issues with your awesome FREE program you've generously donated both time and effort and within hours they are fixed. Awesome job man and very appreciated!!

Exactly what he said!

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Gadroc the Helios developer at SCS just announced that Helios will be going donationware in the coming week. Here is the link http://www.scsimulations.com/forums/showthread.php?1182-Helios-Licensing-Model-Change&p=7476#post7476

The opportunity to combine the powerful helios WYSIWYG editor with the great work of Cleardarks Hawgtouch is a great opportunity for all simmers. Please support these guys in anyway you can their time and knowledge is invaluable.

Edited by airdog

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Gadroc the Helios developer at SCS just announced that Helios will be going donationware in the coming week. Here is the link http://www.scsimulations.com/forums/showthread.php?1182-Helios-Licensing-Model-Change&p=7476#post7476

The opportunity to combine the powerful helios WYSIWYG editor with the great work of Cleardarks Hawgtouch is a great oppotunity for all simmers. Please support these guys in anyway you can their time and knowledge is invaluable.

You beat me to it :D

I have another problem. For both, left and right MFCD's, the keys are working. But the keypresses for the UFC don't arrive at the sim.

My shortcuts are RSHIFT + key, assigned in game and in the xml. I have also set export to on. What could be the problem?

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

Make sure to run HawgTouch as administrator :)

i did. but still no joy.... as said, the MFCD's key presses are working. only the ufc not

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

Interesting...

The only thing I can think of is that you are using the MFCDS+UFC template provided in ShowcaseProfile.xml and you probably edited keys on one of the UFC controls in the first tab of the same profile (the Scale Test tab).

Post up your profile XML so I can inspect it and fix it if needed :)

this would be really great if you could do that

but i am quite sure that i am in the right tab

ShowcaseProfile.TXT

Edited by storemaster

holy moly.... i never thought about that.... i will test it

lower case was the solution.... thanks for your effort mate :)

ClearDark - thank you for this awesome piece of software, for both the time and effort you are putting in this. :thumbup:

I have a small issue with it. I'm trying to make it run on a separate WinXP x86 laptop, but gauges are not moving at all. So I double checked everything was ok, and discovered HT is listening on port 1625 UDP but bound to the address 127.0.0.1, so it's expecting ONLY packets coming from there.

Is there any place where I should change this to 0.0.0.0 (any)? Please, note I'm not talking about the export.lua file, where I already changed IP address to my 192.168.0.2 (laptop IP).

I quickly made a small UPD Listener and run it on the laptop listenting UDP 0.0.0.0:1625 and I got all the data, but when I changed it to listen UDP 127.0.0.1:1625 (as yours) it doesn't receive anything.

Thanks,

All packages of HawgTouch have been updated in the main post.

The application now comes with a .config file which lets you directly specify the IP address you wish HawgTouch to listen on.

The default configuration is 127.0.0.1

You have to restart the application for the changes to take effect!

Enjoy :)

So if I understand this correctly we must change the IP in the Export.lua file to the IP of the laptop. On the laptop, we change the IP in the .config file to the server adress (MainPC running A10)?

Is that correct?

Thanks

So Im away from my main pc at the moment, DL the latest version and tried to run it on laptop just to see. I dont see gauges ? Do i assume that the gauge info is sent from the PC running the sim to see them on another PC and with out that connection all I will see is the blank panel ?

So Im away from my main pc at the moment, DL the latest version and tried to run it on laptop just to see. I dont see gauges ? Do i assume that the gauge info is sent from the PC running the sim to see them on another PC and with out that connection all I will see is the blank panel ?

You need to see gauges regardless of anything running.

If you don't see any, first make sure that you see in HawgToauch main window that a Gauge Pack is loaded (version 1.0 or 1.1). If no pack is loaded download it from the main post and put the dll in the same folder of HT and restart the application.

If a pack is loaded and you still don't see a thing, make sure you have installed the latest .NET 4 release. I linked it in the main post as well.

If after all that still nothing shows, let me know. We'll take it further to figure it out.

• Like 1

Gauges are now ON SPOT.

Exporting now works correctly (eg another PC).

Thank you ClearDark

Can't wait for more! It just might happen I'll get me another PC and screen :P

Good thing about exporting to another PC is that you take load off the PC that you are playing on.

Edited by Nu-NRG

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

I changed the IP in the .config file to match the address of my desktop but then I got an error: "Error parsing profile! Check the profile XML for proper formatting. The called address is not valid in this context.". After that only the NMSP is showing and the control panel on the right side is not visible (I can't switch to the gauges etc.)

I doublechecked the spelling of the IP and everything is fine. The profile XML (1.3 Features.xml) wasn't altered by me.

I also did some packet sniffing on both machines and the server is sending data and the client is receiving data! Everything looks fine there... only the gauges aren't moving. I should mention, that the server is Win7 x64 and the client is Win7 x86. The HT versions are correct and the latest version of today.

I hope we can fix this issue together :)

Thanks

I changed the IP in the .config file to match the address of my desktop but then I got an error: "Error parsing profile! Check the profile XML for proper formatting. The called address is not valid in this context.". After that only the NMSP is showing and the control panel on the right side is not visible (I can't switch to the gauges etc.)

I doublechecked the spelling of the IP and everything is fine. The profile XML (1.3 Features.xml) wasn't altered by me.

I also did some packet sniffing on both machines and the server is sending data and the client is receiving data! Everything looks fine there... only the gauges aren't moving. I should mention, that the server is Win7 x64 and the client is Win7 x86. The HT versions are correct and the latest version of today.

I hope we can fix this issue together :)

Thanks

That means that the IP you typed in the config is invalid and cannot be bound.

What was the IP you used? Did you make sure you restarted the application after saving the config file?