HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

I can confirm that HawgTouch works through the Local Area Network (LAN).

Master Server (The one running A-10C)

IP: 192.168.1.2

- Data Export Enabled

- Modify {DCS A-10C Installation folder}/Config/Export/Export.lua with localAddress = "client's IP". In my case localAdress = "192.168.1.3"

Client

IP: 192.168.1.3

- Open HawgTouch.exe.xml and modify this line <add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="0.0.0.0"/>. It doesn't work if I write the master server private's IP (192.168.1.2). It give me a parse error when running the 1.3 Features.xml profile.

- Run 1.3 Features profile

Run A-10c in the master server and the gauges will show the data!

Very Nice work ClearDark! :) and thanks to Nu-NRG and yargon for the LAN tips :)

Edited by DevlisH

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t 3.2Ghz Black Edition Motherboard: Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H

GPU: MSI GTX570 1280MB RAM: 2x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3 XMP-1600@6-8-6-24 1T

PSU: Corsair TX750 Case: Thermaltake VM30001W2Z V4 Black edition

HD: WD Caviar® Black™ 640GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Gaming devices: Logitech Flight System G940 | TrackIR 5

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Open HawgTouch.exe.xml and modify this line <add key="DataImportIPBinding" value="0.0.0.0"/>. It doesn't work if I write the master server private's IP (192.168.1.2). It give me a parse error when running the 1.3 Features.xml profile.

127.0.0.1 (localhost) and will accept only connections from localhost

0.0.0.0 (any) and will accept ANY connections

192.168.x.x (lan IP) and will accept only connection coming on that IP eg from network only.

HawgTouch running on slave or client pc can only bind to it's own IP not client's

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

127.0.0.1 (localhost) and will accept only connections from localhost

0.0.0.0 (any) and will accept ANY connections

192.168.x.x (lan IP) and will accept only connection coming on that IP eg from network only.

HawgTouch running on slave or client pc can only bind to it's own IP not client's

Blah! You say it so much better than me! Well explained :D

client's

it is not always 192.168.X.X some router also assign the ip 10.X.X.X. all depends on what settings that are provided by router itself. (you can edit it via router gateway config).

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Ok, I finally gotten around to installing this, and I'm looking around in Config/Export/Export.lua and I dont see any IPs configured in that file? Tried searching for keywords like IP, 127.0.0.1, local but nothing...any suggestions? Im running 64bit A-10

update from Sobe

Here are my system specs

3..95 MHz single core Intel

6 MB of memory

Nvidea 250 1gb

running XP with updated service pack.

Monitor is running at 1600 x 900

The GaugePanel png image icon says 840 x 840.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Stanley

DxDiag.txt

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ok, I finally gotten around to installing this, and I'm looking around in Config/Export/Export.lua and I dont see any IPs configured in that file? Tried searching for keywords like IP, 127.0.0.1, local but nothing...any suggestions? Im running 64bit A-10

I'm an idiot...disregard...you must install HT on the MASTER and enable data export there. :megalol: long day.

it is not always 192.168.X.X some router also assign the ip 10.X.X.X. all depends on what settings that are provided by router itself. (you can edit it via router gateway config).

Or 172.16.0.0/12 :P

Is there any way to maximize the screen for the slave pc?

One option is that you edit SizePercent of the panel

Second option is that you resize the background image of the panel and reposition the objects your self.

Hi

I created a config file to display both MFCDs and the UFC on my second monitor.

It workes fine but has a hughe performance impact, my framerate goes down to about 30%.

Does anyone know wether this is a configuration issue or just the way the software is now.

Hi

It workes fine but has a hughe performance impact, my framerate goes down to about 30%.

Does anyone know wether this is a configuration issue or just the way the software is now.

It is reported by several users of both Helios and HawgTouch that exporting the MFCD's to an external monitor (game settings) will result in a big FPS hit.

To minimize the damage it is vital you run Windows in Aero theme.

Thx, enabling Aero did the trick.

Never thought aero could ever have a positive performance impact.

Disabling Aero actually stops windows from using the GPU to accelerate some things in the UI. It made sense when Vista first came out and some graphics cards didn't actually make it faster, but with today's graphics cards I'd never recommend turning it off.

Hi,

got home last night, just found an opportunity to try multi screen goodness. Using the "0.0.0.0" ip address on the laptop and the appropriate IP on the main PC, I now have gauges working really well. No lag that I can see. Have yet to try Hawgtouch on both PC's with the idea of having UFC on main PC second monitor with touchscreen kit and Gauges on second/laptop. So far I am really very impressed....now all I have to do is re-arrange my desk YAY !

thanks C.D.

...and nobody ever understood why I still have 150lb 5ft x 3ft computer desk!!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi

tmahring do me a favor and post your config. This will give me an idea where to start.

Thanks

any help ? dcs a10c not found i have it installed on c drive and cant figure out how to redirect the exe get this error when i try to enable data export

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad126/seanie_01/Untitled.jpg[/img]

any help ? dcs a10c not found i have it installed on c drive and cant figure out how to redirect the exe get this error when i try to enable data export

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad126/seanie_01/Untitled.jpg[/img]

Are you running the beta of A-10?

here is my config, use notepad++ to view it and collapse the <buttons> tags to get a better overview.

it was created for 2 monitors, primary is 1680x1050, displaying main view. secondary is 1280x1024 displaying hawgtouch and mfcds.

CLEARDARK MY ISSUE

I know you must be very busy so I repeated my problem and info included in the posts below. If you have a chance, please let me know what you think. thanks.

please see posts 120-122 and 133.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .