WOW! sounds in 1.1.0.7 are AMAZING!

JEFX

Hey guys!

I dont know if it was already enhaced this way in 1.1.0.6 since I jumped directly from release to 1.1.0.7 but I must say : wow! for the soundscape!!! I am a musician and it is one dimension of things that I cant help to witness. Knowing ED since the very first release of LOCKON (and everything they did since I bought religiously...), I must say that I was always a bit disapointed by the sound.

Eventually, in Lockon, several people made some soundpacks that were much better. It got a bit better in BS and now in A-10C but I did find the general soundscape not up to the incredible level of details offered by the rest of the experience...

I made a pretty complex airbase startup scenery with a lot of flights taking off, lots of ground units driving by, etc. for immersion fun. I made it at SENAKI in release candidate version a few weeks ago. I have been using this scenery as a good starting point for my personal mission making, so when I doe the detailed ramp start, there are lots of things happening.

Well, last sunday, after installing a fresh 1.1.0.7, I fired up my ramp start mission and LO! the sounds were all so much better, and more subtle, more numerous, and more accurate!

I could hear all the mecanical noises of the aircraft in the foreground, my own jets spooling up while I could hear in the distance, with a clear difference of level depending of how far they are : thanks moving around, helos coming and going, jets taking up and firing up their afterburners, prop enigne aircrafts (C-130s) disapearing in the distance, all with my canopy open. (that is not counting the fantastic new sound of the canopy electrical motor closing the lid on me)

What an amazing simulation experience... I think that we are all here (crazy nerds studying a 800+ pages manual and tweaking systems, and all) for many reasons but one is paramount : IMMERSION! And I think the soundscape is a big part of immersion!

Thank you ED. The last patch is amazing. And, on top of it, for me at least, it loads faster, it works flawlessly, I can now crank everything to Max and still have very good framerates, and it is totally beautiful!

This simulator is a work of art!

JEFX

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

If you think 1.1.0.7 sounded good, you're gonna love 1.1.0.8. :)

Nate

5.1? Or are you keeping it hush hush? :)

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Would you like to share that "atmospheric" mission?

2nd that!

I agree, I normally turn down the "world" and "cockpit" sliders as just the engine whine gets annoying. Now, however, i have left them at default as the soundscape is just so damn immersive and detailed.

Chuck in a decent set of speakers and a subwoofer and you are there, right in the thick of it.

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Actually I not going to say but..... in the meantime try this..

Extract this autoexec.cfg into C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\config

EDIT:- See 2 posts below for file

It will boost the Bass sounds from sounds external to cockpit, with the canopy closed. You can play with the settings yourselves.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--
  • Like 1

Extract this autoexec.cfg into C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\config

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=50250&d=1302710544

It will boost the Bass sounds from sounds external to cockpit, with the canopy closed. You can play with the settings yourselves.

Nate

That's exactly what my DIY bass-shaker is waiting for ! (see attachment)

But following your link brings up this:

start.pngED Forums » vBulletin Message

Show Threads Show Posts

Tag Search Advanced Search

Go to Page...

vBulletin Message

PeterP, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

1575428314_DIYBassShaker.jpg.7069ed26f8597dfa7a8f9ffa7939bf3c.jpg

Edited by PeterP

Thanks allot Nate!

This enhancement is soo much better in combination with a bass-shaker!

I didn't played with the values but I can hardly imagine that this can get much better!

I can right now "feel" the tarmac under- and the engines behind me.

Thanks!:thumbup:

Edited by PeterP

This is going to be awesome. I play almost exclusively with my Logitech G35 headphones with Dolby 7.1 surround sound. They already sound great. But surround sound plus cockpit shadows is REALLY going to add an extra dimension of immersion.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

Thanks Nate,

It does enhance the outside bass frequencies.

Love the effect of opening and closing the canopy to hear the sounds change!

Thanks for sharing!

By the way, am I wrong or I still hear one of the very first sound problems of LO : I look straight ahead, a Jet is taking of on the runway at my right and I hear it in my left speaker louder:( (and no!, my stereo is not reversed, I am a conductor and my first violins still sound on my left when I work on my music...;))???

JF

EDIT:- See 2 posts below for file

Nate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here Poko and Peter, my little atmospheric ramp start.

you can get it here:

strike ammunition depot.miz

It is a very simple mission and a quite easy one, but I made it in order to show some friends the beauty of the simulator.

Would you like to share that "atmospheric" mission?
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm... track please.

Nate

I need to take some time to play it... will be back later with a track.

JF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tweet went up saying they are testing real surround sound for 1.1.0.8. Neato! Would love cockpit shadows to come out at the same time. Is this a possibility?

I think there is a plan to try and include them in 1.1.0.8.

Edit: Link http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71408

Edited by Tone71
Added link

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Hmmm... track please.

Nate

OK here it is (the first few minutes of my atmospheric tarmac startup...),

sounds track JEFX.trk

I didnt start my Hog just be able to better listen to the sounds. Everthing seems fine : (everything happens rather on my right side)

C-130 Takes-off

KC-135 T-O

Helos spool up

Ground units roll in front of me

Awacs T-O

Finally , at 0504 and 10seconds, the first F-15 Takes off and lights his AB. If my head stays really straight, I hear a first boom on my left (???) and then the right sound on my right ???

That happened to me many times (especially if I move my head a bit)... Can it have something to do with Tir?

thanks

JF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nate, is there any way to increase the speech volume? I've searched the forum, but didn't find any complaints about speech being too quiet compared to other noise.

Not sure if the engine noise is too loud compared to reality, but in RL the headset volume can probably be increased. I don't have the manual at hand; perhaps there's some option in cockpit for this?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

ijozic, your post gave me a idea...

Why are all the volume knobs on the cockpit on max by default? Is the normal for a pilot to fly with them all at max?

Won't it be better if they are all at medium by default(but maintaining the current volume level), so that we can increase them in flight?

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

Nate, will this new sound engine be more efficient in terms of cpu core usage? Will it be worse in terms of that?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70