WOW! sounds in 1.1.0.7 are AMAZING!

JEFX

Check the radio control panel to the left and behind you.

Nate, is there any way to increase the speech volume? I've searched the forum, but didn't find any complaints about speech being too quiet compared to other noise.

Not sure if the engine noise is too loud compared to reality, but in RL the headset volume can probably be increased. I don't have the manual at hand; perhaps there's some option in cockpit for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What was not efficient about the previous iteration?

Nate, will this new sound engine be more efficient in terms of cpu core usage? Will it be worse in terms of that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That's great news on the surround sound making into 1.1.0.8 (guess this will be the Chinese lucky 8 version ;) ) and if cockpit shadows make it that'll be just too much to handle! :)

No longer active in DCS...

Thanks. I got sent on a rather long business trip when the A-10 came out so my time with it (and thus any basic knowledge) is pretty limited. Fortunately, the laptop can cope with it to a reasonable degree (when I find time).

I just hope they're not on max already by default as Le0kong said as that would not fix my problem obviously.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I just hope they're not on max already by default as Le0kong said as that would not fix my problem obviously.

Have you looked at the audio settings on the options screen? You can adjust the relative volume of various sound sources there. I think engines are part of the 'world' sound group, so if you decrease that but leave the 'helmet' volume at full you should be okay.

I think the first training mission also suggests turning down the 'world' volume if you find it hard to hear the instructions. I have it set to 80%, in-cockpit 90%, and helmet 100%.

• ED Team
Nate, will this new sound engine be more efficient in terms of cpu core usage? Will it be worse in terms of that?

I think we can safely let the sound use a whole CPU core.

Nonetheless, the engine was optimized quite a bit, so it should take a bit less CPU.

Right now it is limited to 64 voices, but I'd like to see it doing 128.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Have to admit the sound guys are brilliant. Especially the doppler effects and lag time from explosions and other aircraft are spot on. Especially the muffled parts.

However the explosions of missile nearby are useless.. you should hear a really loud pop, especially when you have a SAM the size of a telephone pole exploding nearby..

That is my one complaint.

A 'pop' if the missile is close enough and a 'slap' if you take prox damage. This already happens when you self-frag with Mk-84's from 1000' ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have to admit the sound guys are brilliant. Especially the doppler effects and lag time from explosions and other aircraft are spot on. Especially the muffled parts.

However the explosions of missile nearby are useless.. you should hear a really loud pop, especially when you have a SAM the size of a telephone pole exploding nearby..

That is my one complaint.

I refer you to this post... http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1172356&postcount=7 You can adjust sounds external to the cockpit to your liking volume wise.

Nate

OK here it is (the first few minutes of my atmospheric tarmac startup...),

[ATTACH]50271[/ATTACH]

I didnt start my Hog just be able to better listen to the sounds. Everthing seems fine : (everything happens rather on my right side)

C-130 Takes-off

KC-135 T-O

Helos spool up

Ground units roll in front of me

Awacs T-O

Finally , at 0504 and 10seconds, the first F-15 Takes off and lights his AB. If my head stays really straight, I hear a first boom on my left (???) and then the right sound on my right ???

That happened to me many times (especially if I move my head a bit)... Can it have something to do with Tir?

thanks

JF

Sounds really are amazing and I totally love the mission building skills, right down to the overzealous ground crew :thumbup:

Screen_110414_213205.thumb.jpg.6aabde47b57751cb2a9324f4274996cd.jpg

Screen_110414_213218.thumb.jpg.efd0a21973d1a6673fff512ee1f1e029.jpg

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

• ED Team
OK here it is (the first few minutes of my atmospheric tarmac startup...),

[ATTACH]50271[/ATTACH]

I didnt start my Hog just be able to better listen to the sounds. Everthing seems fine : (everything happens rather on my right side)

C-130 Takes-off

KC-135 T-O

Helos spool up

Ground units roll in front of me

Awacs T-O

Finally , at 0504 and 10seconds, the first F-15 Takes off and lights his AB. If my head stays really straight, I hear a first boom on my left (???) and then the right sound on my right ???

That happened to me many times (especially if I move my head a bit)... Can it have something to do with Tir?

When the first F-15 takes off, POV does a short 180 deg turn + fly out of the cockpit - the sound quite logically moves from one ear to another. Looks like a TrackIR glitch.

So, I find the stereo imaging pretty consistent with the view.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Awesome mission JEFX.

I've just tested this also and found the sounds to be working fine for me in 1.1.0.7 with all AI moving around and even had to close canopy when the 3 choppers came low and slow over the top as was getting whipped by the rotorwash in my ears hehe

I tested with TiR and without and had the same effect on both with all jets, including the 18's taking off, no problems for me, sounds were where they should be moving my head around.

And you will love this mission more on 1.1.0.8 trust me

Edited by Ells228

Wow, all this sounds great, Just did a full reinstall to latest version today, Sadly then had to go to work and didnt get a chance to test it. Cant wait to try out the new bass sounds on my Buttkicker, The feeling of the Gun firing and the Bombs dropping was great on the last version.

Keep up the Great work

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Awesome mission JEFX.

I've just tested this also and found the sounds to be working fine for me in 1.1.0.7 with all AI moving around and even had to close canopy when the 3 choppers came low and slow over the top as was getting whipped by the rotorwash in my ears hehe

I tested with TiR and without and had the same effect on both with all jets, including the 18's taking off, no problems for me, sounds were where they should be moving my head around.

And you will love this mission more on 1.1.0.8 trust me

I tried again without moving my head and everything is where it should be... Thanks all for the help, I find these sounds quite immersing! Looking forward to 1.1.0.8!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

WOW! What kinda fps are you guys getting on that replay track if you just let it play?

Mine go down to 1 and 2 fps and freeze a lot. Most I see is 16 fps at the start then it just kills my machine. Everytime he looks left or right my fps freeze then goto 1 or 2 fps. Anyone else?

QX6700 3.5ghz

4gb ocz ddr 800

2X gtx 260 core 216's (Tried with and without SLI)

2 7200rpm hd in raid0

Default medium setting or all high no difference.

Edit: Glad someone posted this track it helped me identify a problem on my pc. I had pci latency set to 128 i set it to 32 and my fps went from 2fps up to 12-18fps when looking at the choppers and watching everything takeoff at the start. (I was also getting crackling with 128latency on this track) All runs ok now slow but there is a lot going on for my rig.

Edited by aceflier

Hi Nate, will do, I just had a quick flight and yes the explosions are rather loud with this, not too sure, I would feel the explosions at 4000 ft. I'll have a proper play with volume settings, after I solve my stuttering and freezing problem that's turned up after updating to latest patch. Give me a few days to sort that out and I'll have a proper go and get back to you.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

There has been an old discussion whether one should hear explosions and bullet hits in-cockpit. I think this vid proves that at least explosions should be audible:

Conditions:

- supersonic

- low air density

- thick structures

All in favor of the thesis that explosions should be clearly audible in cockpits.

As for bullet hits - if pilot hears e.g. landing gear lock engaging he should hear bullet hit on the airframe even louder :)

F-4E Phantom module for sale -25% non-Steam

The volume knob is already at max, so I need some other suggestion. Unless the training missions speech is different than normal in-mission radio messages.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

There has been an old discussion whether one should hear explosions and bullet hits in-cockpit. I think this vid proves that at least explosions should be audible:

Conditions:

- supersonic

- low air density

- thick structures

All in favor of the thesis that explosions should be clearly audible in cockpits.

As for bullet hits - if pilot hears e.g. landing gear lock engaging he should hear bullet hit on the airframe even louder :)

Oh I think you'll be in no doubt when you get hit now.

Nate