re 1.1.0.8

hassata

I was about to suggest the same. It seems that a lot of technical issues users are reporting are due to installing release and playing for a while, patching to 1.1.0.6 and playing, than patching to 1.1.0.7. etc. That leads to many problems IMO.

My suggestion for ED is to release new patch only as 1.1.0.8 stand-alone and not release a patch for 1.1.0.7

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

Well, releasing installer-only might cause issues for those who have capped traffic quotas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That mainly depends on internal workflow: each installer/patcher has to be tested and verified separately, and if one is verified before the other, it gets released first unless there are other obstacles. There's also more mundane factors such as upload times - takes longer to upload the full installer to all offsite mirrors and BT seed server etcetera.

Of course, if the patcher is finished earlier than the full-install, I can ask them if they'd mind just sitting on it for a while. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Easy install the patch, test and when integrated version release uninstall reinstall. Thats what I did with every version. I am planning to uninstall anyway so breaking it with the patch doesn't matter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Didn't got this quite right:

Were improvements found for this method:

Reinstall / patch 1.1.0.6 / patch 1.1.0.7

or

Reinstall the new downloadable 1.1.0.7 version

In other words is (could be) a difference between the upper installation possibility?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

For me, Clean release to .06 to .07 was worse than Clean .06 to .07 was worse that clean .07.

This in terms of performance, stutters, load times, and subjectively speaking of course. I still had to comment out precompiled to loose the explosion stutter though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Strange business with these patches..I was hoping not having to redownload the whole release which is not so friendly.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Never had a problem with the patches; I'd rather apply a patch than have to download 4+ gigs every time!

If ever I do get a problem, the full install is always available a few days later; I don't see an issue.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Didn't got this quite right:

Were improvements found for this method:

Reinstall / patch 1.1.0.6 / patch 1.1.0.7

or

Reinstall the new downloadable 1.1.0.7 version

In other words is (could be) a difference between the upper installation possibility?

Possible? Yes. The patches are tested, as are the installers, so there should not be any differences, but since it is literally impossible to test all hardware/OS/driver/software permutations issues might creep in, in which case a clean install is the solution. If you want to play it safe: install clean. But you should still be quite fine with a patched version.

So, in a soundbite:

Using the patch should be fine. Unless you experience problems you don't have to DL and install a complete installer package. ("Why fix what ain't broke" etc.)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Never had a problem by applying just the patch atop a previously installed version.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Unless you experience problems you don't have to DL and install a complete installer package. ("Why fix what ain't broke" etc.)

If it were for an evident problem (like pink missiles or whatever) I would agree, but since some report less stutters or better performance, I can never be sure, which leaves me no choice then to download everything again, just to be sure.

Spoiler

That mainly depends on internal workflow: each installer/patcher has to be tested and verified separately, and if one is verified before the other, it gets released first unless there are other obstacles. There's also more mundane factors such as upload times - takes longer to upload the full installer to all offsite mirrors and BT seed server etcetera.

Of course, if the patcher is finished earlier than the full-install, I can ask them if they'd mind just sitting on it for a while. ;)

I understand how it goes, just shooting out idea's.

but since some report less stutters or better performance, I can never be sure, which leaves me no choice then to download everything again, just to be sure.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence" - it's just "anecdotes".

I trust such reports when they're backed up with hard data, and the data is gathered in a controlled environment. Human beings are just way too good at fooling themselves (me included - I've tricked myself several times only to find that when I re-do the operation with a solid protocol and gather real data on it, the "effect" I could have sworn I saw just dissapears).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If it were for an evident problem (like pink missiles or whatever) I would agree, but since some report less stutters or better performance, I can never be sure, which leaves me no choice then to download everything again, just to be sure.

What's wrong with pink missiles?? :music_whistling: :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

What's wrong with pink missiles?? :music_whistling: :pilotfly:

Just imagine how would those look on the Louis Vuitton Camo.

Spoiler

I know this has probably been asked a billion times but being unfamilar with the forum- whats the ETA on 1.1.0.8? Also what other theatres are in dev? Nevada ? or Afgan? Is there a sub forum for this?

No ETA- often a taste of features can be found in the official updates forum, Twitter, & Facebook.

Nevada was a community projected now being finalized by ED; some of the fans are working on an Afghan map. As I understand it, Nevada will be a free download to those who purchased pre-final release.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]