Random Failure mission

I am making a series of missions very simple and straightforward but with various system failures to practice emergency procedures.

Now I could have started with something easy like HUD failure, however I have perversely gone for main hydraulics. 100% fail rate for left which basicaly means loss of flaps and brakes.

50% fail rate for right hydraulics, which is basically everything else:cry:

Hope you have the same epic fail when both go first time as I did:thumbup:

And remember RTFM

Hydraulic Failure

The aircraft has both left and right hydraulic systems and the failure of one still allows adequate flight control response. Failure of either the systems can be indicated by the L and R HYD RES (hydraulic fluid reservoir low) caution light or the L and R HYD PRESS (hydraulic pressure low) caution light. However, the loss of one hydraulic system will reduce rudder authority.

If the left hydraulic system fails, you will lose the following systems:

 Flaps

 Nosewheel steering

 Normal landing gear operation

 Wheel brakes

 Anti-skid

 Hydraulic control of the left elevator and rudder actuators

 Lose of dual channel pitch and yaw SAS

If left system fails:

1. Set the FLAP EMER RETR switch to EMER RETR on the Emergency Flight Control Panel.

2. If pressure continues to decrease:

a. Set the SAS/Anti-skid paddle to OFF

b. Keep Pitch SAS OFF

c. Land as soon as possible

If the right hydraulic system fails, you will lose the following systems:

 Slats (will extend with loss of hydraulic power)

 Air refueling slipway and nozzle hatch rollers

 Speed brakes

 Right elevator and rudder actuators

 Lose of dual channel pitch and yaw SAS

If right system fails:

1. Set the SP BK EMER RETR switch to EMER RETR on the Emergency Flight Control Panel.

2. If pressure continues to decrease:

a. Set the SAS/Anti-skid paddle to OFF

b. Keep Pitch SAS OFF

c. Enable Anti-skid if left hydraulic system is still operable

d. Land as soon as possible

If both systems fail:

1. Maintain 1G flight between 180 and 210 KIAS

2. Set flaps to full UP (use emergency retract if needed)

3. Jettison stores to produce symmetrical loading

4. Enable Manual Reversion Mode

Manual Reversion Landing

When landing in Manual Reversion Flight Control System (MRFCS) mode, the landing should only be attempted in ideal conditions and flight controls should not be degraded, maximum allowed crosswind is 20 knots, no ECM pods can be loaded on stations 1 and 11, and you must never use pitch trim for flaring the aircraft. If you cannot meet these conditions, you should eject from the aircraft. To perform an MRFCS landing:

1. Jettison external fuel tanks.

2. Extend landing gear either normally or with AUX LG EXT handle.

3. Pull the EMER BRAKE handle.

4. Fly a straight in approach at 1.5 to 2 degrees with low sink rate.

5. When below 50 ft AGL, pitch response becomes degraded.

6. Maintain minimum airspeed around 140 KIAS to touchdown.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi chums:)

HiJack No scripts used just the failure tab on the unit. Only visible if Player is pilot set left hydraulics to fail 100% after 5 minutes with a 50% chance of the right one failing too.

RTFM but just for you Hornet= Look to the left panel of the cockpit, left of the UHF and FM radio's is a control panel surrounded by yellow and black stripes. That is your manual reversion panel. All the stuff you need when losing both hydraulic systems

SP only at the moment IIRC Dragon. I tried with triggers at first but you only get fail options with triggers for SP too

I can do the mission with left hydraulics out but when both go I end up swimming;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I've honestly read most of the manual and even tried the search function but it never revealed where that dang switch is. Thank you! :D

It's at the bottom of the emergency panel. The panel is outlined in yellow on the left panel.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."