Yeah, i nearly made it

Tornado_Pilot

Hey folks.

Today i got my first Mav "Kill"... Ok, to be honest, I used slomo, and just got a Track on the last couple of seconds before i flew over the target, and killed him...

afterwards i tried to to it in realtime, but its quite hard, to keep the A/C stable, put the Mav Seeker on the Target, Ground Stabilize, Track and Kill him

I will keep trying

Greetings

Chris

It's hard, yes :)

Have you tried using TGP, i.e. not using Mav seeker to slew?

Use TGP in left MFCD, Mav in right. Find target in TGP, TMS fwd long to set SPI. Then china hat fwd long to lock mav to SPI. that will keep mav seeker locked in place on your target. Set right mfcd as active. When in range press TMS fwd short to lock when Mav. You will see the gates close in when target is locked. Then just fire.

Hope I got that right :)

*EDIT*

Pls feel free to correct me if I managed to get that wrong.

Edited by maxmax

You can fire a maverick from quite a distance and your aircraft doesn't have to be precisely aimed at the target, so just fly leveled towards your target from around 10 nm at about half the throttle and that should give you enough time to comfortably find the target with TGP, slave mavericks to TGP and then just keep pressing (as maxmax wrote) TMS fwd until you get the maverick lock (around 5nm).

Or You can use Boat Switch Center, to try to lock Mav from even bigger distance.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

let Autopilot and trim be your friend

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

It force corraltes it

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.