NaturalPoint won't sell FC any more?

I don't see any LockOn:FC in their store or the products list now. Is the GOLD matter related? I hope the relationship between NP and ED will continue as well as before.

By the way, the TrackIR software is now version 4.1.026 final.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Yeah, there's something funny about the whole gold thing.

Maybe NP realized that they can't compete with giving away the game for free.

the gold disc 2 replacement process is a joke. the number they listed is to a shipping company. They just take your info and send LOFC to you no questions asked. Completely different than what it said on the EG recall notice. I wouldn't put the blame on them because I called and she said they're just doing what their customer told them.

So a while back, I've tried notifying ED through this forum by PM and I also sent an email to ED and EG regarding this flaw. To this day, I've not gotten any acknowledgement as to them being aware of this problem and as far as I know, the same process is still working. I guess EG is trusting that everyone that calls is honest. :icon_roll

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/3851094843/r/3971085943#3971085943

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Eagle Dynamics has an abysmal community feed-back process, instead of contacting all fan-sites to spread the word, they trust people will look here for an answer, if they don't ... many still don't know what is what and what you need to run what. LOFC-LOGold-FC-LO-LOMAC-WTF ...

If you look at my site - you will notice I avoided the subject completely, frankly, because I don't know what is going on. I keep two banners linking to ED site download option because it is the one I used and I know it works.

It is still an error made by EG distributor, not ED. ED is not responsible for fixing something that they were not involved in.

As far as I can make sense of it, EG were granted the right to publish Lockon 1.02 by Ubisoft and thought they could also include 1.1 (this is the second disc with the star force problem). This was later cleared up and they got an agreement with ED to include 1.1 in "LockOn Gold". (???)

You're missing the point. You're right in that ED is not responsible for the cd problem. But if I was ED and whoever I granted rights to is giving the game away, I'd be pretty pissed. Spend all this effort and money with SF while the weak link is so obvious.....makes little sense.

Also this means that EG has screwed up twice now! First for wrongly assuming they had the rights to LOFC in the first place as ED explained it. Second, this flawed recall process without verification is GIVING away the game by simply leaving your name/address.

It should be user sends disc in and new disc comes back or ship copies to store and have users exchange. Without knowing how many bad copies are in user's hands, when does the shipping company quit sending replacements?

If I was NP, I'd quit selling it too. It's a niche market already and now you got EG potentially flooding the market with free copies.....how do you compete with that?

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Exactly - that is my point. It is on their interest to correct this problem(s), or at least help the community. For the Game publisher, Lock On is just another product.

ED also screwed up by giving them rights to it after their initial screw up. Any screwups after than can also be blamed on ED for not clarifying the whole mess. Not only that ED knew about the initial screw up and didn't seem to bother correct EG, I say this because the first screw up made ED not EG look bad

well, I still have questions regarding the official explanation.

I'm no business major so maybe that's why I don't get it.

If EG was completely at fault and mis-understood. Why would ED be so nice as to accomdate and go along with someone else's mistake? It's not as if they are opening up a new market....they already had NP to cover the US market. On top of that, they are accomodating the mistake at a lesser price. I guess if the price was the same than it really dosen't hurt ED. However, for EG to come and undercut NP's prices.....it makes little sense.

So someone else made a mistake, instead of suing the hell out of them.....I help them at my expense. I guess I should'a gone to business school :icon_jook

ED also screwed up by giving them rights to it after their initial screw up. Any screwups after than can also be blamed on ED for not clarifying the whole mess. Not only that ED knew about the initial screw up and didn't seem to bother correct EG, I say this because the first screw up made ED not EG look bad

You don't have the facts.

One can say that all the releases are a little mess. LOMAC for being a little buggy, FC because of StarForce and Lock On Gold for the reasons mentioned.

BUT,especially for ppl like Starlight, I can ensure you that this is a great game. Buy it, look for a nice squadron and enjoy! You will.

I would buy it again at simware for 30 bucks. Ok those in the U.S. get it at 10$. Now c'mon. You don't lose at life when paying a little more. And the money goes into the development of another great addon (1.2). Nothing is wasted. It is only a little unfair.

Imagine that this game is probably cheaper than your HOTAS. I'm not even mentioning the other hardware. 20€ more or less don't make a big difference.