New E3 model in 1.1.1.0

Divide Et Impera

As said a bit off topic in the ED SCREENSHOT THREAD (thats why i post it there, more appropriate i think) , someone has pointed the difference between the old and the new model : the old is right , longer than KC135 and the new is extremly beautiful but wrong : copy paste of KC135

Viper told me that ED was surely aware and working on it, i'd juste like to know if his thought are true.

Here are the screenshoot that i found on the screenshoot thread :

A10C and BS1

DCS-10C-awacs.jpg

Dimensions

Envergure 44,42 m

Longueur 46,74 m

Hauteur 12,73 m

Surface alaire 283,35 m2

BS2 and A10C 1.1.1.0 ?

Screen_111104_224305.jpg

Dimensions

Envergure 39,2 m

Longueur 42,8 m

Hauteur 11,5 m

regards .

Edited by Divide Et Impera

It's not just a copy and paste, you can see that the E3 has different engines like in RL, unfortunately they just seem to have taken the wrong fuselage dimensions. Shit happens, but i'm sure this will not stand uncorrected for long.

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It's not just a copy and paste, you can see that the E3 has different engines like in RL, unfortunately they just seem to have taken the wrong fuselage dimensions. Shit happens, but i'm sure this will not stand uncorrected for long.

I don't think so i think that this topic have been forgotten by evryone who likes more WWII aircraft ..

• Like 1

Something minor like this will not be in a hotfix. And it really is minor, I spent 4 years working with E-3Ds and I can't see the problems unless I look very closely with your observations in mind.

Yes it's a model error, yes it has been reported, and it'll be fixed eventually but there are many more important issues to be fixed first.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

All can i say is LOL . You make wrong models ( dont tell me its minor its just not thé same plane ) and then you just say STFU politly to people who pay ED . Thats WAY More important than other fixes you did sorry. But i lost my Time here argumenting with replies like yours

All can i say is LOL . You make wrong models ( dont tell me its minor its just not thé same plane ) and then you just say STFU politly to people who pay ED . Thats WAY More important than other fixes you did sorry. But i lost my Time here argumenting with replies like yours

So let me get this straight, you think a fix for an AI 3D model which you will only see briefly either on the ground or flicking through external views is more imortant than fixing crashes, FPS issues, and avionics/mechanical system issues with the human flyable aircraft in the sim?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 1 month later...

I totally approve with the fact to correct it and about what "213" have say and anyways the major (try to) fix crash and FPS issues don't work :

I still crash in multiplayer and sometime in solo too like same the beta and every patch add a new list of bug without correct old or not really...

FPS issue its nice but in the BETA version i remember i get more fps than now and when i see low fps for bad graphic, bad hardware exploitation and CPU based fps i ask ? Where is the fps improvement ?

And ok the avionic and mechanical system issues are nice (but i see anyways little problems too but not big problem)

And just correct the size of an 3D model take 5 minutes...

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

FPS issue its nice but in the BETA version i remember i get more fps than now and when i see low fps for bad graphic, bad hardware exploitation and CPU based fps i ask ? Where is the fps improvement ?

Try to keep in mind, that a lot of features have been added since beta, cockpit shadows, tree shadow to name some, and probably a lot has changed "under the hood", so you might be getting more FPS vs features currency now than in beta.

And just correct the size of an 3D model take 5 minutes...

I'm no 3d modeller, but I doubt it.

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

@Inseckt

Yes but not, i talk about the fact that i have loose FPS long time before any new shadow implement, and i talk about close to loose half...

And i prefer see correct hardware improvement like correctly exploiting CPU and not exploiting 100% of an HD 6970 (without crossfire cause that not take crossfire too...i don't will talk about it) for really bad graphic render and texture, the real change and FPS improvement i keep wait it...

And for the 3D model if the problem its just the size that will really take less than 5 minutes, a good 3D software can just "stretch" the 3D object at one part, that take in really a little second to do that...

I remember when i play with my old 3D software i have create giant space ship and just "stretch" an object its easy and fast...

After the 3D object just correct the texture and its done...

And if i can be sure that i can do the good dimensions i will have do it myself...

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.