Steam Sale! DCS: A-10C for $20 till Nov 28th

kylania

Well, there's always Win-Home to make things go less button-intensive. :)

I personally really enjoy doing the startup with TrackIR and mouse. It always gets me "in the zone". :)

But yeah, whenever you enter combat you don't really need to press anything outside of the HOTAS - that's what a HOTAS is for after all. I still do it a bit too much of mouse-action in combat (I never can get myself into the habit of flicking MFCD pages with the HOTAS even though I could... I just pick up the mouse anyhow without thinking about it. Some weird mental block going on with that, most likely due to incorrect training in the beginning.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I only just realised I need a couple of LCD screens for the cougar. I might hold fire on them for the time being.

I was mulling over what joystick to get over the weekend but went for the Warthog. It's a little more money but you only live once.

Getting a bit bored with Battlefield 3 so I'm really excited for this.

Are these the rudder pedals I need?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pedals.html

Thanks

edit: oops rep added, sorry forgot about this

Edited by hopeless

Are these the rudder pedals I need?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pedals.html

Thanks

Those are the ones I use and they work great. Needed some curves set and an axis reversed but otherwise wonderful. I'd definitely wait for them to go on sale though. They are normally $100 but often can be found as low as $70.

• Like 1

You do but during taxi you can easily enough use z/x to steer. During takeoff it gets a bit hectic trying to stay on course using them, but you're full throttle anyway so it's not too bad.

I never really used rudder in flight till I got the pedals to be honest. Now I'm able to taxi smoother and line up gun runs much better, but take off is still a crazy jumble of overcorrections! heh

I actually have a pretty funny setup with my pedals - they are between my chair and subwoofer, barely any space left just like in your case, but this means they're held in place by chair and sub. :D

I sort of cheat through having my fulltower on the desk though (there's just something "odd" to me in hiding your computer under a desk, but I'm just a nerd :P ).

Anyways, that is indeed the same pedal set I use. Works very nice, but you might want to also spend some time with them trying to decide on the spring load you like. (You can adjust the resistance force and it mgiht take a couple flights to figure out what level of resistance fits your personal style.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Me thinks it's gone a bit off topic here... anyway me also thinks, cheep purchase of a fantastic sim + more new buyers + more peeps to purchase Nevada map = more cash for ED to create more great stuff :thumbup:.

Oh and just a thought, this deal ends today... do I see "Nevada"on the horizon:music_whistling:

• Like 1

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah sorry about that.

There was me trying to bag a bargain from steam and I'll end up spending £500. :)

I was so pumped for Lock-On back in 2003 but things went really pear shaped for me. I'm making up for lost ground now.

Right, no more off topic from me. I'll harass you guys elsewhere.

Yeah sorry about that.

There was me trying to bag a bargain from steam and I'll end up spending £500. :)

I was so pumped for Lock-On back in 2003 but things went really pear shaped for me. I'm making up for lost ground now.

Right, no more off topic from me. I'll harass you guys elsewhere.

Soz, Wasn't having a go, see it all the time here (think it's quite comical really) :megalol:

Hope things get better for you mate, been their myself you see:cry:

Oh, there you go, now iv'e gone off topic.

Back to learning datalink then!!!:helpsmilie:

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome sale.

At the last moment of this sale I realized that I should purchase the game for my step father who I know used to play flight sims prior to Half Life 2 era. I showed him this game once with my whole setup and he seemed interested. I sure hope this game isn't too much for him to handle jumping back into sims again. Especially after playing shooters and the occasional strategy game (Civ, Company of Heroes). Play shooters for too long and your attention span and patience goes to zero. I kind of feel like I'm forcing this game on him but I know if I can show him how to start the plane and drop some bombs, he will be hooked...also, I want a wingman.

Between my mother and I, we bought him the Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR, Trackclip Pro and the TM Warthog. I bought the TM Warthog and Trackclip Pro, my mother bought the rest. He is getting the whole shebang all at once. Lots of big, heavy boxes for Christmas is always the best thing. No matter how old you are, you always like those things. I know I do (I'm 26) and I know he does. All of this stuff arrives today at some point.

Holidays are going to be good this year. Lots of game time.

Between my mother and I, we bought him the Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR, Trackclip Pro and the TM Warthog. I bought the TM Warthog and Trackclip Pro, my mother bought the rest. He is getting the whole shebang all at once.

Nice products. I have all of them. :)

A short pre-flight check list (probably you already know all this, but...):

Check especially the throttle firmware version. Update immediately if it is not the newest one.

Then check that pitch or roll are not mapped to pedals. Might be the case.

Then invert the axis of pedal toe brakes

Then get rid of the View commands from stick Trim button, and map trim instead.

Nice products. I have all of them. :)

A short pre-flight check list (probably you already know all this, but...):

Check especially the throttle firmware version. Update immediately if it is not the newest one.

Then check that pitch or roll are not mapped to pedals. Might be the case.

Then invert the axis of pedal toe brakes

Then get rid of the View commands from stick Trim button, and map trim instead.

Definitely nice products, I have them all as well. Except I have the Pro Combat Pedals, those big fat metal ones. I will probably just send him my keyboard, rudder and Warthog config. I added minor tweaks such as using the radio button on the throttle to zoom in and out and snap views to the CDU and radios.

I will be around to give him a step by step tutorial and force him to get past the first hurdle or starting up the jet.

He is going to wonder why I am sending back my Warthog for repair, just as he gets his. That can't look good. I am having trouble parting with mine. This game is a damn addiction. :helpsmilie:

• 1 month later...

it's very sad to miss this discount. i am fed up with going to my buddy's home to play this sim. or he might have fed up with me lol

can you re-activate this discount for me for 1-2 minutes. :D :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back in country and a buddy told me about this game. Disappointed I missed out on the perfect price. Will hang around the forums until it hits again. Will also wait for email of the next sale.

So in mean time I'll enjoy getting used to trees normal cars, beautiful women and ah yes, Beer.

Thanks hopeless!! Just bought it! ($6.79 in the US store)

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks. How do I access the key... Does DCS go looking for it automatically, do I write it down, etc...? I went to my steam account and I see my A-10 purchase there but nothing about an activation key...

Cavenman, go to your steam library, click on the A-10c listed on the left, and on the right should be a listing (CD Key).:thumbup:

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]