Enhanced crater/scorched ground texture

Could you please post a screen with the vanilla craters it's always better looking at them side by side.

Sure thing, the vanilla textures are 4x lower res and much "blobbier" (for lack of a better description :D) the ones i've put up above are much sharper and have an appearance of a blast effect - it's just one of those mods that you have to try yourself to see the difference :)

screen111203133710.jpg

screen111203133723.jpg

Looks great Mustang! Rep inbound (again) when I will be able to spread it...

Thanks.

Edited by goldfinger35
  • Like 1

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

Cool. Will give it a run this weekend.:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes, now with the vanilla craters posted it's obvious the new ones look much better. Good job!

Now having in mind how you can do magic with these textures as you have proved more than once already, I wonder if you have plans on improving the explosion effects, i.e fire, smoke, dust clouds, blast wave, probably fragments, etc.? Probably some of these effects are hard coded, although I might be wrong here, but is there any part of the explosion effects that could be improved as currently explosions look most lacking?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now having in mind how you can do magic with these textures as you have proved more than once already, I wonder if you have plans on improving the explosion effects, i.e fire, smoke, dust clouds, blast wave, probably fragments, etc.? Probably some of these effects are hard coded, although I might be wrong here, but is there any part of the explosion effects that could be improved as currently explosions look most lacking?

Yeah i'm afraid that modifying those effects is WAY above anything i could manage...this is only something the ED devs can achieve.

Mhhhhh... Mustang.

You the man!

@Editing effects: Well the effects are often just polygons with a texture on them. Would it make any sense to sharpen up the texture that is being used?

There is this smoke trail mod on DCS files that does that for the smoke - it looks really good, much more volumetric.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

• 2 weeks later...

looking at this, it's a shame than explosions smokes etc arent writen in a more mod-friendly code.See what happened to the old il2 when it started to be moded, explosions and others effet started to be modded in a impresive way.

I will try this.

Fly and let fly