BS2: Saitek X52 Pro Profile Help

Kunter7

Hi guys

I've been messing with my new toy since Christmas and I'll be darned if I can get some things to program in game. Does that mean I should program the stick directly?

Aargh! I find it so confusing and I'm an IT guy... sad, really.

I can't figure out why such things as the Shkval slew is greyed out and won't let me change it (although the mouse settings are wide open?????)

I want to program slew control to the POV 1 button (the main hat switch on the joystick), but can't get it to do it in game... so it must be a profile edit.

Can anyone put up a BS2 Saitek X52 Pro profile for download so I can have some kind of reference? It would be much appreciated.

If this has already been discussed and is buried in the forum I couldn't find it... and what is up with Saitek not having a forum????? Or did I miss something?

Thanks, gents!!!

Use "Search" in this forum, it's loads of this stuff here... :thumbup:

In this section, or in "Input" section :music_whistling:

Ingame control options should be used only for axis mapping, for anything else use SST software. You can inspire yourself in real-life hotas of Akula :smilewink:

Edit> I use this setup (with some minor changes) This image is not my work, so all credits are going to unknown author (btw...thx :joystick:)

x52promapping.jpg

Edited by Suchacz

• 5 weeks later...

When i set it up like that, the Shkval will only go up, down, left, and right. I cant do up and left or down and right or anything like that. But when i set the shkval to the he key on the throttle, i can. Any idea what i am doing wrong

Thanks

Rob

When i set it up like that, the Shkval will only go up, down, left, and right. I cant do up and left or down and right or anything like that. But when i set the shkval to the he key on the throttle, i can. Any idea what i am doing wrong

Thanks

Rob

Imagine, that hat-stick on your joystick is eight separate buttons set in circle. Buttons up, down, left and right are bounded to keyboard keys, but diagonal buttons have to be bound to combination of them. And this can be done only in SST software.

Like I said, the better way is to set all your hotas buttons and hats in SST, ingame "options/controls" menu should be used only for axis management :smartass:

Thanks

Rob

The black hat on the throttle and the black hat on the stick are four-position hats. When you push them diagonally, they send both the up/down and left/right signals. Binding to either of these will work.

The silver hat is eight-position. When you push this diagonally, it sends a separate diagonal signal. There aren't SHKVAL up-right, up-left, down-right, down-left commands to bind these signals to so the game ignores them. Hence it will not move diagonally.

Bind it to one of the 4 way hats and you are in SHKVAL heaven.

All hats on X52Pro are eight-way

I don't think they are. You are looking at the applet which is used to test the joystick and this is deducing you are pushing it diagonally.

In DCS, go to the options and try to assign a hat to a command such as slew SHKVAL.

Start with the black hat on the stick. If you push it up, the 'Add Assignment Panel' shows 'JOY_BTN20'. Push it right and it shows 'JOY_BTN21' Push it diagonally up/right and you will get either 'JOY_BTN20' or 'JOY_BTN21'. You won't get a unique response for up/right.

Now push the silver hat up, you get 'JOY_BTN_POV1_U'. Push the silver hat right and you get 'JOY_BTN_POV1_R'. Now for the magical moment.... Push it diagonally up/right and you will get 'JOY_BTN_POV1_UR', a unique response and showing the joystick registers this action separately.

I've attached my joystick config and mapping too in case anyone finds it useful. I've aimed to be able to keep both hands on the stick and throttle whenever engaging offensive or defensive. I've also assigned the fire extinguishers and cutoff valves so that when I am hit, I can keep my hand on the stick. I can deal with the fires, shut off engines and dump my weapons to keep airborne. God knows how the real pilots take care of it all. I reckon they have a little monkey in there to help them press buttons.

:detective_2:

Joystick Mapping.pdf

X52 Pro Buttons.lua

Have a look at the attached profile. It uses all default keys so you only have to map the AXIS.

Its a comprehensive profile that uses a couple of modes.

If you want to use the buttons bellow the MFD on the throttle (for landing gear etc) you need to do that from within the options.

To test it, click on the "gear" icon in SST and you can see keystrokes.

KA50-2.rar

I don't have the pro but I thought the default profile was setup for immediate X-52 use without SST... There was even a mapping diagram in the documentation folder from the installation location. I didn't have to setup a thing unlike A-10C, just plug and play. Not sure if it works with the pro, but the diagram there was helpful in choosing control options. Might be useful checking there for another/more options.

Cheers!

Could anyone answer me these questions?

Do I need to clear out all the X-52 bindings in the DCS options menu for the SST profile to work?

Is there a "blank" BlackShark profile, I appreciate people sharing there own profiles but I would not mind starting from scratch. Is there even such a thing?

Could anyone answer me these questions?

Do I need to clear out all the X-52 bindings in the DCS options menu for the SST profile to work?

Is there a "blank" BlackShark profile, I appreciate people sharing there own profiles but I would not mind starting from scratch. Is there even such a thing?

You do need to clear out bindings in DCS for SST to work. SST causes the joystick to emulate the keyboard so for it to work you need:

-> joy button mapped to a key in SST

-> key mapped to the command in DCS

-> joy button not mapped to anything else in DCS

Bindings are stored in %userprofile%Saved Games\DCS BlackShark 2\Config\Input

I think to clear out all assignments, you select a cell in the X52 column and press 'clear category'. I'm not going to test that though!

Personally, I don't use the SST. I find it complicates things and doesn't always work very well (based on other sims). I found repeat rates and behaviour could be different to setting up directly in the game.

The only purpose SST serves for me is to use the mouse stick, button and wheel as joystick buttons. It's a shame the driver doesn't offer the ability to do this, keeping things much more simple.

• 11 months later...

OK...I'm happy about mapping the POV controls and the buttons but I'd appreciate some help in getting the throttle to act as the Collective. Can't figure that out as yet.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

2048 GB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200

335 GB Corsair Force GS ATA device (SSD)

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5

It is simply a case of selecting the right axis in the options. You may choose to invert the axis so it is more like a heli collective.

Options > Controls. Select the drop-down and change from All to Axis Commands. Select the throttle line, under the column for the X52 Throttle. Then press axis assign to choose the correct axis and axis tune to select the invert option.

Thanks for that help but it doesn't quite cut the mustard. When I select the Throttle line there is no parallel cell to select under 'X52 Throttle' as the only column of that nature is headed 'Saitek X52 Pro. If I try to add anything else to get some reaction to my Saitek throttle input all I can find is a long list of "Joy"s - whatever they might be.

I should appreciate further help from you.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

2048 GB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200

335 GB Corsair Force GS ATA device (SSD)

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5

Try this

go to the config folder.. do a backip...

delete the input for x52 and quit the profiler in the taskbar..

sart the game go to option ka50 sim..

it should do a quick setup on its own...

go to axis assing delete all colums!!

reset all axis...

tip: when u set the throtle it will alternate between x and y.. dont be alarmed thats the left and right throtle..

pm me if u need more help... had a config for it but i have the G940 for the last year...

hope it works

No, I don't believe "throttle" is the right option. You want to assign "collective" to the x52 throttle. On the collective line (not the throttle line) assign the axis to the x52. I don't remember which axis it is, maybe joystick_RZ? I have an x52, but I'm at work right now. I'll check it when I get home.