2013 Virtual Hawgsmoke

Snoopy

Ok, one thing that has been bothering us for the past couple of weeks. How exactly will delivery altitude be measured via Tacview ? We have noticed the altitude between "external view/Tacview data" and the "cockpit data" differs up to 250 feet if we try to maintain the same pressure value (measured in the nearby airport) throughout the flight. The only solution we have found is to manually get pressure values for each of the events in order to match AGL and readjust all the time.

And also, in deliveries that give, e.g. 10 points for 20º, what is the margin of error of such measure ? 1º ?

One of the most beautiful questions I have ever seen my friend... :thumbup:

We have by now done VLD & LALD by AGL radar... HADB & MAT by pressure altimeter...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly the SOP states the points for each method but I'll have to look, been busy.

The hold because of crashes worked out nicelly since myself and the other founding members are working on our finishing touches to our new vFighter Group.

If I remember correctly the SOP states the points for each method but I'll have to look, been busy.

Yep, it will state "10 points for 20º, 5 for 15-25º", but neither the cockpit or Tacview have an exact decimal indicator of the angle, so my question was at which point/error degree 20º stops being 20º.

Anyway, the varying altitude/pressure is the main concern for us at this point.

I think you're getting into the weeds...I've watched a tacview file of the deliveries of one ouf the training sorties we did in the 25th before I left and in HUD view I could see the angles.

Just my opinion, that and vhawgsmoke will be a few months from now, likely in the late summer/early fall and we'll work things like this out in the 476th vFighter Group before we host.

likely in the late summer/early fall...

If so, you can host the vHawgsmoke in Nevada scenario.. :D I hope that the theater will be released in the summer as predicted

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

EDIT...vHawgsmoke v8 mission available at http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=31.

SOP and mission are being reworked.....look for an announcement about the future of vhawgsmoke and the now hosting 476th vFighter Group in the near future!

vHawgsmoke2012.png

Edited by Snoopy

• 1 month later...
Come on guys... 20 squadrons in event and no comments on altitude measuring? :(

Did you ask a question about it? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

We're still on hold, plan is for an early Fall event...I keep hoping Nellis will be released prior but not holding my breath :(

wasn´t their a schedule of an estimated date around summer 2012? may be we can expect a suprise within the next 2 month...**pressingthumbsveryverystrong** :music_whistling:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 2 months later...

An update will be posted within the next 14 days. I was holding out for Nevada but I don't see it being released anytime soon so.....

I will say this...unless a stable version of DCS World for multiplayer is released and a campatable version of TARS is available vHawgsmoke will use DCS A-10C version 1.1.1.1.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes. No solid date yet, but looking like being some time in November. We're waiting for a stable version of DCS World as well as a compatible TARS version, before starting to move forward with setting a date etc. But it will happen, there is no question about that.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Im sure that we could get some members of the 62nd to get involved

+1 to that!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]