Red Flag @ Nellis AFB

Phantom88

Anyone near Sothern Nevada next week my get to see some great aircraft spotting,Red Flag 12-2 is scheduled for Jan/23/2012-Feb/03/2012 at Nellis AFB.

http://www.nellis.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123285593

As a side note,YouTube is running IMAX Fighter Pilot,Although it takes some "Hollywood" Liberities,It does give a Beautiful enjoyable view to a Red Flag Excercise.

• Like 2

Patrick

mini.gif

I watched the IMAX vid. Not my taste("grandpappy flew airplanes so I do" *barf*). Made me really miss the Wings series on the discovery channel. What's up with that gnarly AWACS? I never knew the controllers had a full 3D view of the airspace/battlefield. And if so, what's up with them telling me HAWG 1-1 Merged. Liars! :D

120124-F-KX404-380.JPG

Red Flag 12-2

The U.S. Air Force B-1B Lancer, the backbone of America's long-range bomber force, participates in Red Flag 12-2 Jan. 24, 2012, at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. Red Flag is a realistic combat training exercise involving the air forces of the United States and its allies. The exercise is hosted north of Las Vegas on the Nevada Test and Training Range. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Brett Clashman)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

No,I believe the F-22 Grounding was lifted in November.They just didn't participate in this Excercise,Possibly because they were grounded when the Excercise was being planned.

Weren't some at Eglin grounded or was that the November one?

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Red Flag 12-3 coming Feb.27-March.16

Release Number: 140212

2/14/2012 - NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev. -- Southern Nevada residents may notice increased military aircraft activity as the Air Force conducts Red Flag 12-3 from Feb. 27 to March 16, 2012.

Red Flag is a realistic combat training exercise involving the air forces of the United States and its allies. The exercise is organized at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., and hosted north of Las Vegas on the Nevada Test and Training Range--the U.S. Air Force's premier military training area with more than 12,000 square miles of airspace and 2.9 million acres of land. With 1,900 possible targets, realistic threat systems and an opposing enemy force that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the world, Nellis and the NTTR are the home of a "peacetime battlefield," providing combat air forces with the ability to train to fight together, survive together and win together.

The 414th Combat Training Squadron is responsible for executing Red Flag and this exercise is just one of a series of advanced training programs administered at Nellis and on the NTTR by organizations assigned to the U.S. Air Force Warfare Center.

More than 70 aircraft are scheduled to depart Nellis twice a day, around midday and again in the evening. Aircraft may remain in the air for up to eight hours. The flying times are scheduled to accommodate the other flying missions at Nellis and provide Red Flag participants with valuable training in planning and executing a wide-variety of combat missions.

The exercise will include the following U.S. forces and aircraft:

---Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron One and Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 4 from Whidbey Island Naval Air Station, Wash., flying EP-3s and EA-6Bs

---Air Test and Evaluation Squadron One out of Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Md., flying E-2Ds

---142nd Fighter Wing, 123rd Fighter Squadron from the Portland, Ore., Air National Guard flying F-15Cs

---1st Fighter Wing, 27th Fighter Squadron from Langley Air Force Base, Va., flying F-22s

---13th Bomber Squadron from Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo., flying B-2s

---180th Fighter Wing, 112th Fighter Squadron from Toledo, Ohio Air National Guard flying F-16CMs

---Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 122 from Beaufort, S.C., flying F-18s

---12th Air Command Control System from Warner Robins Air Force Base, Ga., flying E-8s

---963rd Air Command Control System from Tinker Air Force Base, Okla., flying E-3s

---389th Fighter Squadron from Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho flying F-15 Es

---148th Fighter Wing, 179th Fighter Squadron from Duluth, Minn. Air National Guard flying F-16 CJs

---55th Wing, 38th Rescue Squadron from Offutt Air Force Base, Neb., flying RD-135s

In addition to U.S. aircraft, the Royal Australian Air Force, flying F-18s, and the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom, flying GR-4s, will participate.

Media interested in covering the event must provide their name, date of birth, passport information (if not a U.S. citizen) and a letter of intent to publish from a major media outlet to public affairs at 99abw.pacurrent@nellis.af.mil. Please specify your coverage needs. Media must provide their information by 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time Feb. 17, 2012, in order to be included in the Media Day, which will take place Wednesday, March 14, 2012.

For more information about Red Flag, call the Nellis Public Affairs Office at (702) 652-2750.

Patrick

mini.gif

In addition to U.S. aircraft, the Royal Australian Air Force, flying F-18s, and the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom, flying GR-4s, will participate.

Someone needs to tell those guys that they only need to say Royal Air Force. No need for "of the United Kingdom", everyone knows where the RAF are from.

It's a bit like when jocks say "The U". Everyone knows that they are referring to the University of Miami, even me and I'm 4,000 miles away! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....