BS2 Controls for a Travelling Man

I'm really liking black shark 2. My dilemma is that work requires me to travel. Until now I've been using CH kit at home. It's obviously to big to travel with so I throw an old thrust master game pad in my hold luggage when working. It has 2 analog sticks. One acts as the cyclic and the other doubles as collective and rudder.

Problem is collective is at 50% when the analog stick is centered. So it's far from ideal.

Does anyone have a solution? A way to get around the collective issue, or perhaps a recommendation for another control system that is compact and robust enough to throw in my hold luggage?

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Maybe consider a USB R/C controller? Very similar to a gamepad setup, though quite a few less buttons. They're set up with the left stick Y axis having no centering spring.

http://www.buy.com/prod/usb-6-ch-channel-3d-rc-helicopter-airplane-flight-simulator-w-free-fms/222554785.html

That is actually interesting, mostly in the sense that I was unaware such a thing existed. I can see where it could be useful. It doesn't mention Win7 but as long as it is spitting out Direct X it might do the job.

BTW, did you notice the details further down the page?:doh:

Age Range: 12-24 months

Safety Warning: Choking Hazard Small parts Not for children under 3 years

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

LOL!

I have 2 of these, that I use for PC simulations for R/C aircraft (crashing on a simulator is a lot less expensive and time-consuming than crashing even a small R/C craft). And I'm running Win7 - they're calibrated as standard game controllers. Again though - they don't offer much at all in the way of buttons - you'd have to rely almost completely on the keyboard shortcuts.