IL2 CoD "Combined Battlefield"

Phantom88

It looks freaking amazing though. Imagine if this was the terrain and graphics and this combat sim with lomac/DCS aircraft...would be awesome.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Lots of promise, but:

1) They need to improve the damage modelling for that 40mm! I remember back in IL2 FB/AEP when 20mm cannon were instant death and .50 cal were woefully underpowered... but now we've gone complete flipflop, and aircraft handily survive direct hits from a 40mm (?!?!)

2) I'm a bit undecided about whether I'd rather see crewable tanks or more aircraft first... the stable of aircraft available in CoD is a bit limited... though I suppose that's just because I'm comparing it to the ridiculous selection available in IL2 1946. At any rate, it'd be nice to have 3-4 each Russian, US, Japanese, and Italian fighters...

on second thought, I like more TYPES of combat more than I like huge selection within each type. Bring on the tanks; more planes can wait!

Best news I've heard concerning IL in quite a while.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

whether I'd rather see crewable tanks or more aircraft first...

Well, I'd personally rather see them fix all the bugs and incorrect FMs before introducing any new content myself ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

wow!! man!! The IL-2 graphics engine never ceases to amaze me...damn... Thats what DCS needs.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Why is IL2 CoD called IL2 CoD when there isn't even a Sturmovik in it?

I only see that they don't seem to know what they should focus on. It is a flight sim, and instead of introducing combined arms they should fix the bugs and stability issues, while also putting in more air planes.

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

Why is IL2 CoD called IL2 CoD when there isn't even a Sturmovik in it?

Initially it had a different name; Battle of Britain: Storm of War. Ubisoft rebranded the title to sell it in the IL-2 line of titles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Today my Cliffs of Dover arrived. It is the Collectors Edition for 8 Euro. Sounds bad already, but I asked around if the patches fixed anything after 1 year and everyone was like "GET IT".

Now I have a map made of cloth, a flight manual for the Spitfire, and a thick game manual.

After the patches are finished, I will fly a bit.

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------