Video Cards for DCS Series???????

spn

There really is no such thing as a "best" card. All depends on how much money you are prepared to spend. Personally I find that my card (560Ti, see signature) does the job quite well even when using windowed mode and two screens (though only game on one screen). There are a few questions as well though - for example, what resolutions are you expecting to run on? Multiple screens and if so, what configuration?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The 'best' needs to be defined, best for shear performance or best for value & performance?

Shear performance is gonna be the most expensive money can buy of either Nvidia or ATI. Not sure what that is presently.

Personally i'm using a Nvidia GTX480 and it runs the games flawlessly at 3360x1050.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Recently replaced my old video ATI card with N560GTX-Ti 2GB, and I'm very happy to run BS2 on almost the highest settings (no blur and mirrors) constantly over 30 fps, usually close to 50 on 40" Samsung LED 1080 via HDMI. Card could be currently bought for 290 CAD.

Best all around card for a single screen user capable of using duel cards if needed. I am running Win 7, Intel Core 2 Quad, 8 g ram. I use Nvidia cards. I should also ask which Nvidia cards do not work well with A-10C and Blackshark2

Edited by spn

Personally I'd say nothing less than 560Ti. A non-Ti one will work quite fine as well, but the value proposition isn't good there, in my opinion.

I'd probably also suggest not going more expensive than that either, since the rest of your hardware is underpowered and will become a bottleneck. Save some money from the graphics card fund towards better CPU/mobo etcetera.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

My single GTX570 runs both A-10C and BS2 very well. But since the two sims are CPU intensive I also OC my CPU to get smooth flight.

As the others have noted, it's more to do with the complete setup than just one component.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I'm all in for a new rig in april with the new Intel CPU (when its released) and are aming for one of the higher ATI (AMD) cards, 7970 or like. Looks good now that Kuky also have posted the performances for his card. I will definetly listen to any good arguments for GPU choise here.

(HJ)