sph 2s9 nona

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all

I am trying to get some SPH 2S9 Nona's ( armoured mortar units ) to fire at a point and continue to fire until destroyed, but not having much luck.

They seem to do there thing for 5 minutes and then stop

do I need to have a ammo truck with them for them to continue firing, or is that a limitation of the units ?

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No, thats just how long they can maintain fire for. Just re-assign the target once their rate of fire starts to slow. They will take 3 minutes or so to prepare, but once they start firing they will resume at their higher rate of fire.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

Thanks for the reply Grimes, I will give it a go :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Sorry this is still bugging me,

what would be the best way to re-assign a target, via triggered action's? or another method.

They just do not want to sustain fire, I am also having the same results with other units, I have an ambush scenario and the ambush group fire for 4 - 5 mins and then stop.

or is there another Russian / insurgent artillery unit that will fire for longer ?

any help appreciated

EDIT:

created activating units and de-activating units to give the impression of continuous fire

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1408285#post1408285

Edited by BIGNEWY

Sorry this is still bugging me,

what would be the best way to re-assign a target, via triggered action's? or another method.

They just do not want to sustain fire, I am also having the same results with other units, I have an ambush scenario and the ambush group fire for 4 - 5 mins and then stop.

or is there another Russian / insurgent artillery unit that will fire for longer ?

any help appreciated

EDIT:

created activating units and de-activating units to give the impression of continuous fire

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1408285#post1408285

That's not the best way to do this, IMO. What if one of your arty guns dies? Then it is just "respawned".

A much better way, IMO, is to use triggered actions. If the artillery AI is set to "Expert", it takes two minutes to start firing from the moment the task is given; "dumber" AI takes longer. In this example, we'll use "Expert" AI.

With this in mind, create a "fire at point" triggered action for each group of artillery, NOT A WAYPOINT ACTION. Place the fire at point task where you want them to shoot, set the radius as desired, and then set a stop condition of DURATION = 2mins 30 secs.

Now, in your triggers list, create a ONCE->TIME MORE (1) -> SET FLAG 50, AI TASK (<Select the "fire at point" task>).

(We're using flag 50 as an example here; it could be anything from 1 to 100000 or more (not sure what the highest number you can use is.)

Now, create a second trigger, the one that does the real work:

SWITCHED->TIME SINCE FLAG (50, 180) -> AI TASK (<Select the "fire at point" task>), FLAG OFF (50), FLAG ON (50)

So now, once every 180 seconds (3 mins), the fire at point task is triggered, flag 50 turns off (resetting the internal "TIME SINCE" counter for flag 50), and then flag 50 is turned back on, restarting the TIME SINCE counter for flag 50 again from 0.

So now, since Expert AI takes 2 minutes to start firing, we know that:

-120 seconds after Flag 50 goes true, the AI artillery group starts firing (since on "Expert", it only takes them 2 minutes to start firing after receiving a fire task).

-150 seconds (2mins 30 secs) after flag 50 goes true, the DURATION stop condition becomes true, and the artillery stops firing, for a total of 30 seconds of firing.

-180 seconds after Flag 50 goes true, the process repeats (Flag 50's internal TIME SINCE counter restarts from 0, and the AI task of "fire at point" is triggered again).

Now, if you make each artillery group a single unit, with six of them, you can have continuous, sustained fire for like half an hour. Just mix and match with the number of units, the duration of fire at point tasks, the number of groups, the time between flag 50 resets, etc, until you get the effect you're looking for.

See why triggered actions are often vastly superior to waypoint actions? :smilewink:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

• ED Team

Thanks Speed for an alternative :)

I have set mine to not activate if the first set of units have been destroyed

I second the God comment. I would never have thought of that. I have a question about arty. How can I start and stop artillery using a radio command. I can get the arty to start and to stop but cannot get them to fire again. I've tried flags etc. but can't seems I can only do this once. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Paco

Are you using a ONCE or SWITCHED condition to trigger the arty when the appropriate flag for the arty is set? Also remember it will take around 3 mins for them to start firing again after they have stopped.

You should have something like

ONCE -> UNIT ALIVE(host/player) -> add radio "start arty" flag 1, add radio "stop arty" flag 2

SWITCHED condition -> FLAG 1 ON -> FLAG 1 OFF, FLAG 50 ON, FLAG 99 OFF, message "start arty"

SWITCHED condition -> FLAG 2 ON -> FLAG 2 OFF, FLAG 50 OFF, FLAG 99 ON, AI TASK arty/-fire at point, msg "stop arty"

In the arty groups fire at point instruction there will be a stop condition, tick the flag option and put in the value 99. BTW you may have to remove the 2mins 30 timing stop condition (I cant remember if the logical on the conditions is OR or AND. Try it and see).

Edited by Druid_
  • Like 1

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• ED Team

Thanks for all the comments and ideas,

the guys here who spend there time creating missions for the community are a special breed.

I am making missions for -=Shrek=- squadron and I would not wish it on my enemies, the editor is not average user friendly and requires inside knowledge to be able to get the best from it. The most frustrating thing for me is not having a 3d editor to see placement of units, and the elaborate trigger flag system to get anything to work the way you want it.

you are all star's without your help I would struggle.

thank you

• 4 months later...

speed

im using DCSW 1.2.0.

i had tried this suggestion and can not get the "ai task" to work. from the drop-down list, it only contains a "trigger zone" and no ai task.

is this functional in 1.2.0?

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

speed

im using DCSW 1.2.0.

i had tried this suggestion and can not get the "ai task" to work. from the drop-down list, it only contains a "trigger zone" and no ai task.

is this functional in 1.2.0?

It is functional in 1.2.0. Attach mission if possible or take a screenshot of the trigger, so we can figure out whats going on.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

hmm... print screen does not function in the mission editor for some reason. takes a pic of my desktop instead.

ill pm you the mission grimes.

edit:

cant do that either.

here's what i did to test it.

blank map. added 2 tanks. gave both a "perform task" - "fire at point" added a user flag (#10) to one of the tanks. went to the trigger system,

once-> - time more (1) - ai task.

nothing listed in the "ai task"

Edited by july865

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just duplicated your error. The problem is how you setup the unit. In order for the AI task to be listed, you have to make it a triggered action and not a way point action. Click on the triggered action button (looks sort of like a flower)and set the perform task there. Then it should appear in the drop down menu.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612