Putting a Vikhr on a F-15

altho a good kill. not a big deal against AI.

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

you sure that was a vikhr? I think the cannon was the kill.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Did the same just now with a player a10 on Hamburger Hill. Was flying with the AI mi-28's. Luckily he targeted them first so I could track him with the skvhal when he passed in front of me. He turned his nose towards me - a/a on, high aspect on and launched two vikhrs. Instant death :)

'Frett'

I don't get it, what's the big deal with putting a Vikhr on an F-15 :huh: ??

attachment.php?attachmentid=63501&stc=1&d=1330891210

Just kidding. Nice flying. I wish I could get a frame rate that high.

952777951_f-15vikhrs.jpg.8c5884c7b5bec3b820e88e372380d695.jpg

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

So, when he lit up on your hud, was that a target handoff from the AI? Because he was FAR beyond visual range on my screen.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

I don't get it, what's the big deal with putting a Vikhr on an F-15 :huh: ??

attachment.php?attachmentid=63501&stc=1&d=1330891210

Just kidding. Nice flying. I wish I could get a frame rate that high.

In FC1 I hosted server when you could use only Vikhrs.

It was very fun around, especially when you knew you had to fire at least 10 Vikhrs to kill enemy and be careful of about 200 Shilkas around - they were such camp's fence - you were not allowed to leave area of battle.

It was in high mountains.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I used the mission editors video creation tool to make the video from a track so FPS is steady 30 in the video. I did get a bit stutter after Vikhr explosions when zooming out and getting some flare trails in the view but otherwise it was smooth fps during actual flight.

The Eagle was quite well visible dot on my screen before downloading to youtube but it got lost in compression. I just slaved to HMS when I saw him and then adjusted with ministick. I did have exact knowledge of when and where he was coming so it wasn't that hard to spot him. You can see plane dots well beyond 10km away with max zoom, probably about 20km if you just know where to look at. With Shkval you can spot planes even farther away.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Oh, ok. I was wondering what that flash of crosshair was on the hud. I thought maybe it was something I didn't know about. Yeah, I just need a better screen to see jets. Mines too tiny.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

In FC1 I hosted server when you could use only Vikhrs.

It was very fun around, especially when you knew you had to fire at least 10 Vikhrs to kill enemy and be careful of about 200 Shilkas around - they were such camp's fence - you were not allowed to leave area of battle.

It was in high mountains.

Do you know that 5 of the Vikhr missiles are worth one hellfire? At least that is whats written on wikipedia. Becoz of the reduced weight, jam resistance (SACLOS) and the missile guidance sensor is shooter side? Really interesting stuff on wiki.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.