Systems Failure

Jmash19

Ok so, another Steam newb here and I havent owned a flight sim in years. I have had the game for a week or two and played the training missions multiple times to learn how to fly the beast.

I figured I had enough knowlege to start playing the campaign, so i took a stab at it.

I was flying around for a while, I blew some stuff up. I was having a great time.. untill i got hit with a SAM. So I lose about half of my flight systems. No TAC.. My HUD is busted.

My question.. Any way to reboot the systems? I tried a few things that didnt work.. Like turning the battery power on and off again. I tried landing but some how they blew my tires off too..

sorry if this question has been asked a few times already. I couldnt find an answer. Figured it would be a legit first post anyway. Thanks for the help in advance.

Nope, battle damage can't be repaired by flicking switches. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yeah I was flying around in my first mission and i got hit by a SAM and got a systems failure and i was trying to see if rebooting the systems would work, then i looked out the window and saw my right wing was missing XD

But ....... If you can make it back to the airfield and land . Invisible men will come and fix your hawg. Sometimes you have to shut the engines down depending on the failure.

Once I was taxiing to the runway at mission start and I got sploded by a Red Chopper. (Took too long to get rolling) . I was flaming away there laughin my arse off on the ramp , no wings nothin and the invisible men came and fixed me so I could then take off. :)

And they accept all major credit cards !!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One note which can help sort out some confusion regarding the popular image of the hog as a "flying tank"; it is true that it can take a lot of punishment and stay flying, but the "titanium tub", the armoured compartment, really only protects you - the pilot. Electronic bays etcetera just have the relatively soft skin of the aircraft to protect them, so fragmentation warheads and gunfire will easily render systems unserviceable. So always give a lot of respect to anything that has a weapon they can point at you. :)

(And as a general tip - when you're going in for a gun-run, you are effectively stationary in the sky for the guy you are gunning. If you get into his WEZ, expect to be limping home to a very angry crew chief at best. :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

(And as a general tip - when you're going in for a gun-run, you are effectively stationary in the sky for the guy you are gunning. If you get into his WEZ, expect to be limping home to a very angry crew chief at best. :) )

And the closer you get, the bigger you are. I can personally vouch for this :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(And as a general tip - when you're going in for a gun-run, you are effectively stationary in the sky for the guy you are gunning. If you get into his WEZ, expect to be limping home to a very angry crew chief at best. smile.gif )

And the closer you get, the bigger you are. I can personally vouch for this :(

Yup. :doh:

bmp2.jpg

dcs_sig.jpg

What is that image taken from?

Tacview

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Guest Izoul123
But ....... If you can make it back to the airfield and land . Invisible men will come and fix your hawg. Sometimes you have to shut the engines down depending on the failure.

Once I was taxiing to the runway at mission start and I got sploded by a Red Chopper. (Took too long to get rolling) . I was flaming away there laughin my arse off on the ramp , no wings nothin and the invisible men came and fixed me so I could then take off. :)

And they accept all major credit cards !!

LOL I had that happen once to on a ramp start! Except mine was an SU25 that took me out. I spit beer out of my mouth laughing as well when I got hit!

I saved the track for the heck of it to share some day, so here it is!

Forgive me for any 'radical' head movements that were captured when you watch this as I was either looking off screen, drinking a beer with track ir5. I wasn't in 'film mode' at all.

Anyway I was just drinking beers having a nice night of random generated missions flying but this scared the shit out of me when I got hit. I made a decision to punch out after I heard some secondary explosions and thought maybe another missile/rocket/bomb could be inbound! Was only seconds after I armed the chair lol!

Yes I realize there is some start-up sequence errors, this is again when I was nine sheets to the wind and just messing around.

Just sharing for 'fun', not 'technical critique' heh.

su25 killed me on startup funny.trk

LOL!!! That cracked me up Izoul . Doesn't matter how many times I see sh*t like that it's a belly laugh. Good track bro. Thanks for sharing.

Wish I'd of saved mine lololololol .

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-en.php

There ya go Rusty. Have at it. But there is a Multi Player bug in it so turn it off if you want to go online with your hog. Until they fix it anyway

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.