DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hi

in the manual of the DCS: P-51D it says: "when the aircraft is in inverted flight, the oil pressure falls off, because no oil reaches the scavenger pump. For this reason, inverted flight must be limited to 10 seconds."

But when i fly inverted for more than 10 seconds the fuel pressure drops, and the oil pressure stay high as in regular level flight.

is it modeled right or a bug?

Thx

Edited by SchniX

Hi

in the manual of the DCS: P-51D it says: "when the aircraft is in inverted flight, the oil pressure falls off, because no oil reaches the scavenger pump. For this reason, inverted flight must be limited to 10 seconds."

But when i fly inverted for more than 10 seconds the fuel pressure drops, and the oil pressure stay high as in regular level flight.

is it modeled right or a bug?

Thx

I'm just taking a guess here because I'm not familiar enough with the P-51 engine so someone else will have to check me if I'm talking out my arse, but maybe the sensor for the pressure is near the other pump that is injecting the oil (I'm assuming if there is a scavenge pump that means there are two pumps). So even though oil pressure is falling off in the engine, the sensor is still registering normal pressure because the other pump is still trying to push oil?

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

• 1 month later...

I think you ran the battery dead. Make sure your canopy is open and select the ground crew from the radio I think the default key is "\". then choose the power outlet and choose on. That should hook you up to the virtual aux power generator and your starter should work again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Hi, Mike Busutil!

I was following the procedure by memory. @Whiplash, Thanks! I'll give the virtual AUX generator a try! @Leafer, I wasn't even off the ground yet, I was having trouble getting the engine started.

Cheers,

Vincent

Edited by Vinny002

Which of these steps did you miss?

From the flight manual:

Flap handle – UP.

 Carburetor ram air control – forward in RAM AIR position (unless FILTERED AIR required).

 Carburetor hot air control – forward to NORMAL position (unless HOT AIR required).

Trim tabs

o Rudder trim: 6° right.

o Aileron trim: 0°.

o Elevator trim: 0° if fuselage tank is filled with less than 25 gallons of fuel; 2 - 4° nose heavy if the fuselage tank is filled with more than 25 gallons of fuel.

Mixture control – IDLE CUT-OFF.

 Propeller control – full forward to INCREASE.

 Throttle –open 1 inch.

Parking brakes – set. Don’t try to hold the aircraft with foot brakes.

Supercharger – AUTO (set by default).

 Fuel shut-off valve – ON.

Fuel selector valve – set to left wing tank.

Fuel booster – ON.

Battery and generator switches – ON.

Coolant and oil radiator flap control switches – operate manually from CLOSE to OPEN and check by listening to determine whether the doors are operating. Maintain both flap doors fully OPEN while running the engine on the ground (flap doors will be set to Automatic for takeoff).

Prime the engine three to four seconds if it is cold, one if warm.

 Raise the starter switch cover and hold the switch up in the START position to operate the starter and begin turning the engine ([Home] key).

After six propeller blades have rotated passed the canopy, set the Ignition switch to BOTH while continuing to operate the starter.

As the engine starts, move the mixture control to RUN and release the starter switch.

If the engine fails to take hold after several revolutions, give it one second’s more prime.

Check that oil pressure reaches at least 50 PSI within 30 seconds. If it doesn’t, stop the engine.

 Idle at about 1200-1300 RPM until the oil temperature reaches 40°C and the oil pressure is steady.

 Check the suction gauge to show between 3.75 to 4.25” of vacuum pressure.

 Check all of the engine instruments. Make sure they don’t exceed or fall below their limits.

 After the engine is warmed up, idle at 1000 RPM or slightly less. This keeps the engine clean but not too hot.

The instructions are in the annotations of the video. Activate 'Youtube Video Annotations' located where you can set the resolution of the video. You should read the description of the video :P

ytinstructs.jpg

Edited by Zabuza

Hi, guys!

Question for you, when I loaded up DCS P-51D, the plane was sitting on the ground, but about over hour and a half later when I'm getting ready to power up the plane, I noticed something not right, I hit the F2 key to check it out, I found out that the P-51 is flipped over. I didn't have the brakes in park when it is windy?? Please attached. Thanks!

image.jpg.b8103344e23f7db882d859130cb195d5.jpg

Cheers,

Vincent

The wind normally isn't strong enough to push you away if standing still..

What exactly do you mean with flipped over and what actions took place right before that, did you taxi, was the engine running or did you just stand there with shutdown aircraft doing nothing?

If you had taxi and used full brakes while having some speed or engine power the aircraft has tendency to flip front over resulting in a broken prop.

If you were on takeoff many things can cause a crash.

But as said if you just stand there doing nothing you shouldn't flip over in any direction :D

If you could attach a track we'll solve this issue in no time! :)

Hi, Zabuza!

Like I said about over hour and a half later, I found out that the p-51 is flipped over. The engine wasn't running, I wasn't taxiing and I was just stand there with shutdown aircraft doing nothing. What is a track and where can I find it? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

After you exit the game there comes a dialog where all events are listed like missile releases, kills and failures etc. There is a button where you can save a track (record of the flight, like a movie of your game). This track is then saved in your C:\Users\XYZ\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks and you can attach it to your post. If so we can download it and take a look at your flight to better help you.

If your flying multiplayer that dialog is missing but multiplayer saves tracks automaticly in the same direction as mentioned above.