New version of DCS world freezes in training

Esac_mirmidon

New DCS World version installed, all runs well but when i push Training icon the game starts to load but never stops, not showing the training page.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Me too....

Actually I cannot start any gamemode with 1.1.2.1.

When selecting "Training" I just get a screnn telling "Loading" which never finish. I need to Presss Ctrl-Alt-Delet and close the "Launcer.exe".

When selecting "Instant action" or building my own mission (very simple - only setting up waypoint s for a flight pattern) the mission starts to load , but once loaded the game simply closes down without any error message.

I totally uninstalled 1.1.2.0 also the files in the "My Games" folder before installing 1.1.2.1.

Win XP Professional 32 bit

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Me too....

Actually I cannot start any gamemode with 1.1.2.1.

When selecting "Training" I just get a screnn telling "Loading" which never finish. I need to Presss Ctrl-Alt-Delet and close the "Launcer.exe".

When selecting "Instant action" or building my own mission (very simple - only setting up waypoint s for a flight pattern) the mission starts to load , but once loaded the game simply closes down without any error message.

I totally uninstalled 1.1.2.0 also the files in the "My Games" folder before installing 1.1.2.1.

Win XP Professional 32 bit

FinnJ

Odd. Anyway - you probably have already but... apply the 32bit tweak in my sig.

Also if it persists delete the DCS folder in My games - try again - and if it fails again attach me.log and dcs.log to your next post.

Nate

I'm experiencing the same issue. When I click on training in DCS World I only get a loading screen and the application stops responding.

I completely reinstalled DCS World and deleted my saved game folder.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit with 4GB of RAM.

I uninstalled and deleted all DCS World and P51 files in "My games folder"

I then re-downloaded the 1.1.2.1 installer, but used the Torrent file.

I still have the exact same problem....

Training mode stucks at the loading screen.

Building a mission or using instant action will make the mission start to load, but once loaded simply kicks me back to the desktop.

I do have the 3GB switch applied and always had.

1.1.2.0 workd fine (apart from effects.dll, causing crashes sometimes).

I also have A-10C and BS2 installed even with some of the stuff that requires 64bit to run - and both sims runs flawless.

Attached is my Me.Log, but there is no DCS.log generated.

Best regards

FinnJ

me.zip

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Training mode stucks at the loading screen. I think this is a general issue unrelated to your other problem.

Building a mission or using instant action will make the mission start to load, but once loaded simply kicks me back to the desktop.

Best regards

FinnJ

When you say "will make the mission start to load, but once loaded simply kicks me back to the desktop." Do you mean that Launcher.exe (the GUI) closes and then DCS.exe begins to start?

Also do you have P-51 installed? I've no answers for you - I'm just fishing for info right now.

Nate

Yes I select the mission and get the briefing screen.

I then click "FLY" and a new screen with the progress bar on the bottom starts to run.

Once at 100% it closes down and I´m kicked to the desktop.

In the windows task scheduler Launch.exe is running, but I never see DCS.exe, probably why I don´t get an DCS.log file.

Attached is my mission file:

FinnJ

P51D_test.zip

I get an error telling:

(Translated from Danish):

"Procedureentrypoint RegGetValueA was not found in the DLL library ADVAPI32.dll"

FinnJ

No joy

I re-installed the June 2010 DX files

The C++ 2010 files on my system are reported to be newer then those from Your sig.

Maybe Win XP 32 bit is no longer able to run present files.

FinnJ

No joy

The C++ 2010 files on my system are reported to be newer then those from Your sig.

FinnJ

I went thru what you are going thru now..easy fix for all this if system can run it then just go buy " Win7 (64 bit)" thats how I solved this problem..:thumbup:

And now seeing this Cadillac in the sky ..its " WOW " worth every penny for the upgrade to " WIN7 "

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

No joy

FinnJ

Xp should still be ok - I don't understand why it isn't working for you though.

Nate

Just for a test I installed DCS World 1.1.2.0 and then P-51D 1.1.2.1 into that.

The P-51D loads fine with that, though the engine cannot be brought to run (I did not assume it would work correctly).

FinnJ

Got the same issue with Training, but in my case started happening after doing the first training mission in the Mustang.

Core i7-950

Sapphire Radeon HD 6970

8GB Corsair DDR3 1600

Windows Ultimate 64 Bit

ASUS Sabertooth X58 MB

I uninstalled the 1.1.2.0 , rebooted, and then installed 1.1.2.1.

All other modules seem to work, except Training, which just stays at the "loading..." screen. Have to end the Launcher to be able to get out.

Hmmm, trainig works fine here. Have you guys tried a new download and clearing out the saved games folder? Install using Administrator priviliges! Remember to disable antivirus during installation.

(HJ)

I have uninstalled DCS-World and deleted the entire DCS folder in ..\Documents and settings\user\Documents\My games\.

I even tried to remove all registry entries for DCS-World and the P-51/Mustang thus using an activation re-installing 1.1.2.1.

Are there other here on a 32bit OS ?

Note that 1.1.2.0 worked fine, so does BS2 1.1.1.1 and A-10C 1.1.1.1.

Something must have changed and I guess it´s related to DCS.exe, cause I get the ADVAPI32.dll error when trying to launch the game via the multiplayer icon.

My concern is that I might be the only one with this problem, thus keeping me out from the future BS2 and A-10C migration into DCS-World with all the bug fixes that will be done for that.

FinnJ

I get an error telling:

(Translated from Danish):

"Procedureentrypoint RegGetValueA was not found in the DLL library ADVAPI32.dll"

RegGetValueA is a Win32 function used to retrieve a value from the registry

It appears this function may not be supported in 32-bit Windows XP.

It requires Windows XP x64, Vista or newer.

Source

Edit: verified that this function is missing in ADVAPI32.dll on Windows XP x86 with SP3

Edited by ALDEGA