button/switch names on warthog hotas

Hello everyone. I am running a thrustmaster warthog hotas. I am finding it really frustrating to allocate buttons and switches as when I am assigning them in the game, the options are Joy_BTN1, Joy_AR ect ect.

Is there a diagram that shows the allocations of these switches/buttons so I know what the in game assigments are reffering too??

I am finding it really frustrating to allocate buttons and switches as when I am assigning them in the game
Which Game?

DCS:A-10C :

A) normally DCS:A10 fully supports your TM-Warthog , the only thing you may want to re-assign is the hatswitch to trim if you have a TrackIR, instead changing POV.

Just Don't run target while DCS:A10 is running

B) Button assignment is in the QuickStartGuide and FlightManual. Your install path ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Doc

Edited by PeterP

Use the search function like I did now:

My search phrase was "TM Warthog Profile for BS2 "

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80980

Bingo!

or

>>>Sticky: Profiles directory (HOTAS, TrackIR, TouchBuddy, VAC etc.)

Browse through this thread - lots of examples for TM-Warthog with BS2

While we are on it and you are new to this:

This is a Must Have Download for your first steps:

KA-50 Black Shark 2 interactive Training missions

Read also besides the manual this:

DCS: Black Shark...

Technical, Simplified

-Coaxial Rotor Aerodynamics

-Trimming the Ka-50 Black Shark <<<!!!! very important to understand this fully!

-Part 1 - Autopilot <<<this too!

-Part 2 - Autopilot

And when you still have time , read this too:

A Stick and Rudder Man's Guide

to DCS: Black Shark

Here is a useful tweak if you got rudders:

How to unchain the rudder from trim - solution

Now there should be no questions left!:)

Welcome aboard!

Edited by PeterP

Thanks again Pete, yeah I am actullay running that profile, but I want to remap a couple of buttons. What I am after is when you drop down a particular assignment in the in game set up you get a list of butons and axis, I am after what button and what axis corrosponds to the button/switches on the stick/throttle.

A) Open up your target-controller viewer and press a button - than you will see the button ID.

B) When you assign a new command in-game. Just simply press the button /move the particular axis and it will be recognized and selected. No need to select them from the drop-down menu. - It's only for the lazy guys that don't want to put the hand on the controller when assigning things. - are you one of them ?! :D

Edited by PeterP

:)

No need for target!

Open "WindowsStart" and type "Set up USB game controllers"

This should bring you directly to a menu where you can choose your controller and check it for the properly function and see each axis and button number ID .

;)

:)

No need for target!

Except it would be a whole lot easier than what you are doing now.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks again Pete, yeah I am actullay running that profile, but I want to remap a couple of buttons. What I am after is when you drop down a particular assignment in the in game set up you get a list of butons and axis, I am after what button and what axis corrosponds to the button/switches on the stick/throttle.

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the TM Drivers for the Hawg? (http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=311&cid=1)

If you are running windows 7 it makes identifying the DX buttons a snap. TARGET also has a utility that allow you to the the DX functions of each device. The Driver set listed also allows you to update the firmware in the stick and throttle and Target allows you to better identify the DX assignments for the buttons and switches.

AMMV...

Gary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 6 years later...

It doesn't seem like anyone answered the question. Does anyone know of a list (excel, word, etc.) that lists all the available button names for the Warthog HOTAS?

Thanks in advance if I missed something. Amazing how hard it is to find it in google.

• 2 years later...

It's in the manual. There is also a diagram with the names and button numbers, as a PDF that I think is part of the TARGET software.

Edit:

Not sure if this is allowed (technically it's Thrustmaster copyrighted material), but here are the diagrams.

warthog diagram.pdf

Edited by TimberWolf

Sim Rig: Intel 12700KF, MSI RTX4090, 32GB DDR4@3200, Quest 3 headset, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals