Joystick not working now..

Double_D

Hmmmmm..

Well. awhile back my TM Hotas joystick even thought software was not working ..DCS-World/DCS-P51D recognized TM Hotas and was able to fly and use the controls..

Now since " Sierra99 " pm'd me and showed me how to install the driver for the TM Hotas to work ....which now they do..my TM Hotas does not work at all no axis control what so ever..even though inside the options and controls it shows the TM Hotas there..I set the pitch axis and test fly ..nothing happened...

At a loss..now...:music_whistling::helpsmilie:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

I dont have the P-51, so just a shot in the dark--are axis assigned to any other device (scroll right and check)?

thanks...I checked other devices and nothing is assigned to them for pitch/roll

Also my Saitek Rudder pedals don't do a thing also ..I am gonna try unplugging the pedals to see what happens...

[/Table]

Maybe delete the who Config folder in C\Users and let it re-aggregate. The good thing, it doesn't seem like a problem with the WH.

Edit: are you running TARGET? If so, try without it.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe delete the who Config folder in C\Users and let it re-aggregate. The good thing, it doesn't seem like a problem with the WH.

Edit: are you running TARGET? If so, try without it.

Target...<<<< Don't Understand what you mean...:huh:

[/Table]

It's the TM software that allows you to define what the WH and other devices do. Sounds like you aren't.

Don't have the Warthog..I have the Cougar...even software didn't help its the Sim's Controller where you setup your axis commands that doesn't see the joystick...

[/Table]

Oh, sorry-thought we were talking about the WH. Haven't used the Cougar in a while, but this sounds like an issue that could be solved by re-flashing (holding trigger, connecting, releasing trigger then flashing again-but don't take my word). I'm sure Sierra can walk you through it, or maybe try asking here: http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?50-Cougar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, sorry-thought we were talking about the WH. Haven't used the Cougar in a while, but this sounds like an issue that could be solved by re-flashing (holding trigger, connecting, releasing trigger then flashing again-but don't take my word). I'm sure Sierra can walk you through it, or maybe try asking here: http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?50-Cougar

Okay gonna try again tomorrow..getting a headache..thinking about this too much...:music_whistling::helpsmilie:

[/Table]

Going Nuts unable to fly...

Hey;

Okay here is my controls settings..it see's the Thrustmaster Cougar..

controllersetup.jpg

And I assume most of these settings are correct, but in flight I have no control over joystick..to pitch up/down..no stick action at all..

I've gone into saved games and deleted the .lua file for the thrustmaster joystick in input..

I am going nuts not being able to fly the baby..that I wished for so long...:cry::cry::cry::cry:

[/Table]

Are you using TARGET? if you are it invalidated your stick configs because it combines all the TM stuff into one controller. Also if you run TM stuff as admin you must run game as admin...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Are you using TARGET? if you are it invalidated your stick configs because it combines all the TM stuff into one controller. Also if you run TM stuff as admin you must run game as admin...

Okay again " TARGET " what is that..:music_whistling:

[/Table]

It's the programming software for TM joysticks:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=311&cid=1

I guess if you aren't sure what it is it's probably not installed..

You can also download the latest driver for the Cougar there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Thrustmaster Advanced Programming Graphical Editor

TARGET_User_Manual_v1.6_ENG.pdf

Sniped

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yes, have a look at; http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88146

post #4 is interesting for you.

Rename the config \ input or the whole config folder. Maybe that solves it - it resets the config back to defaults.

OKay did as you posted..removed Saitek Rudder Pedals..and Nostromo Keypad..and renamed Joystick input folder..

Control settings shows the Thrustmaster and the Joy x and Joy y setup and did a quick flight and stick Joystick unresponsive..can't go up/down...

[/Table]

Okay I remove the Thrustmaster completely and setup a Saitek SST220 digital Joystick...

Now in sim flight all it does is go down spinning..no axis control at all...but squeezed trigger for guns and that worked..before testing I renamed input folder...

Its seems no Joysticks are being recognized to a certain degree..:helpsmilie:

I am at a loss now...:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

[/Table]

Getting stranger by the minute...okay deleted the input folder in saved games..

Now here is the fun part...I used my Logitech Rumble pad as the joystick and throttle..and you know what it work ... landing was quite abit rough....but I survived..and pilot walked away..

Now how come sim doesn't recognize..both the

Thrustmaster and

Saitek SSt220 joysticks " anymore "

I get no control to pitch 'n' roll 'n' throttle...

:doh:

[/Table]

I am just going nuts up the wall...watching and seeing all those wonderful pic's of the P-51D and I can get my Joystick to be recognized by in game controller....

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:bounce:<<< Me bouncing up the wall..cause I can't fly....damn

[/Table]

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled without all your funny peripherals, ie rumble-pads, digital thingiemabobas, racing wheels and smurfs?

If not, give that a go - I seem to recall non-flight SIM equipment being plugged in has a tendency to spanner up the works. Also ensure that your Warthog drivers are properly installed and your firmware is up to date.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled without all your funny peripherals, ie rumble-pads, digital thingiemabobas, racing wheels and smurfs?

Having smurfs and thingiemabobas plugged into the same hub can cause a problems as well, IIRC!:lol:

Joke aside, it is another thing to try. DCS will happily try to use anything that looks like a controller and it will assign functions to buttons and axis that do not even exist.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

While on the subject,my speed brake forward (button 7) seems to be hung,so can open speed brakes but not close them. HELP :(

System Specs :

Processor ; Intel®Core i7-3930 CPU@ 3.20GHz.

RAM -16.0 GB

Type-64bit

GPU-GTX 970

Never eject over a village you've just bombed - US Marines Gen.